Items Un-nerf Stationary Summons

Should Stationary Summons be un-nerfed?

• Total voters

DialgaTheTimeLord

Steampunker
So I was out wandering around with my Summoner set, accidentally triggered the Lunar Event (thaaaaanks, Stardust Dragon), and wound up with Pillars everywhere. Normal way I handle this is as a Summoner (the most underpowered class IMO) is to set up my various stationaries like Lunar Portal, Crystal, and maybe even Frost Hydra. As a summoner, I really need the support they provide. So I set up my Crystal, then my Portal... and my Crystal disappears instantly. Then I died. Any time I played any other class, I barely even needed the extra support, as the other classes don't get nearly as much benefit from stationaries and can handle themselves just fine. I get that maaaaaaaybe having too many could be a problem, but I really don't think it was that bad, and if you're really going to limit stationary summons, let it be like 2 or 3, because it's no loss to the classes that don't really need stationary items and nerfs the one class that is still desperate for a buff.

Having a ton of stationary turrets in addition to any other class is crazy OP is the problem. Each class was made to be balanced for the stage at which you are in the game. The turrets throw that off. The only solution I can see to this is add more stationary turret boosts to the summuner armors.

Summoners are far from underpowered. I have massive life regeneration, 64 defense, 5 sentries, 4 minions, 46 damage 37% critical vampire knives, and my minion deals 71 damage. Oh right, forgot to mention that. That damage is with the spider staff. And that's all without potions.

In order to use multiple sentries you have to go through the DD2 crossover event thing. I personally think there should be a few sentry related things not a part of the event.

I'm fine with the idea that each player can have only one sentry without any item. But there should be more stuff which increases the amount.
At the DD event there are 4 accessory which increase the amount by 1. But they do not stack (so max is +1). Would be nice if they do so. Or at least craft one item out of all which stacks and or has +2 sentries.
Without a DD armor there is no way to get 3 or more sentries at the same time but you can get up to 6 minions without any summon armor.

The nerf to the sentry cap was understandable now that the number of sentries in the game has more than tripled in the previous update.
It's pretty cool that sentries were compensated by having their own armor sets and accessories, but without this one event, Summoners can't have any sentry bonuses like they should, making sentry caps the same for most classes.
What I would suggest is to add a sentry cap increase to some of the items that increase the normal minion cap, such as the Bewitching Table and Summoning Potion. The Papyrus Scarab is excellent on its own, so I'm not sure if it needs the added sentry increase, but perhaps the new sentry accessories could be allowed to combine with one of the previously existing Summoner accessories, for a bit more power and variety.
I was a bit worried about the sentry change at first (I can't have my original squad of 4 anymore while wearing Stardust Armor :() but I know this change still has room for improvement and can ultimately become better than what we previously had. I mean, multiple Lunar Portals is already convincing enough to me.
Just a little more tweaking and we're good to go.

The nerf to the sentry cap was understandable now that the number of sentries in the game has more than tripled in the previous update.
Although that is true in sentry count, the new sentries can't be used outside of the Old One's Army event. So in reality it is the same amount of sentry turrets.

I totally agree with the rest of what you said though.

Back
Top Bottom