Weapons & Equip un-nerf the Fetid Baghnakhs

Friendly reminder that Brain of Confusion and Titanium Armor are OP and new Baghnaks meta. Just tanked both Destroyer and Plantera with this build and Baghnaks. On Expert.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 05.15.26.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 05.15.26.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 324
Friendly reminder that Brain of Confusion and Titanium Armor are OP and new Baghnaks meta. Just tanked both Destroyer and Plantera with this build and Baghnaks. On Expert.

You pretty much don't even need wings for Plantera Bangs cheese too.

A small but proper "arena" with Honey+Gnome+Jungle Torch+pre-working Heart statue+regular placed buff items+potions works wonders.

Any of the Hallowed/Chloro/Turtle armors will do.

Prefixes either in all defense ala Warding, or all Crit/Damage/Speed.

Also, I actually did my 1st Master mode Plantera with the Psycho Knife, that first stealth shot does enough.

Source: me, in Master mode, without Scarf.

PS: I'm not denying or defending Bangs nerf, just saying it's doable to facetank Plantera still.

Friendly reminder Titanium Armor is stupid broken and you can beat the game with it and any melee weapon that attacks at a decent speed, its the shards that are doing the dmg not the FB. try it without Titanium Armor and it wont be as easy but the FB were kind of made to deal with melee bosses so not like it will be too hard either, biggest issue with them is that the weapon is locked in place (cant hit slimes and such) but i get the directional melee mod for that.

I'm guessing the nerf was applied so that it wasn't that easy to shred with the Baghnakhs without too much set up or on hybrid class setups. It can still do so, if you're putting a bit more preparation into them, which is fair. Some extra setup into survivability rather than DPS. I've seen enough examples of Baghnakhs shredding bosses in 1.4, it just needs more investments. Just equipping it and getting a few buffs to pull off massive DPS is definitely OP to some extent, compared to the more nuanced builds required for the strat now. Raises the skill ceiling on the weapon imo.

Also i think the devs did discuss Reaver Shark and Baghnakh nerfs in more detail with the 1.4.1 update pre-release thread, and were pretty clear on not buffing Reaver Shark to skip BoC/EoW. Thread's a fantastic read though.

Last edited:
I feel like the Fetid Baghnahks are still plenty powerful. I was able to shred through Planterra with titanium armor, magma stone, and an ichor flask.

Last edited:
I don't wanna get into another nerfing vs buffing debate, seeing as how it doesn't matter anymore anyway, but... I do want to correct this common misconception that Fishing in Terraria is somehow worse that it was in 1.3.5.

List of Fishing improvements in 1.4.1+:
  1. Since you brought up Journey Mode, enemies can now be totally disabled while Fishing, so it's objectively more peaceful if you choose that option (a true Sandbox game).
  2. Echo Blocks are a thing now in Terraria, so even in a Classic, Expert or Master World, the player can still fish without being bothered by enemies.
  3. Fishing Power has been dramatically increased, so if you fish on the proper Moons, Weather Cycles & Days, you'll see rarer items much sooner!
  4. Fishing is now an alternative to Treasure Hunting with enough fishing power; you can even gain access to Dungeon-tier items via fishing, if you're lucky enough!
  5. Accessories gained from Fishing have improved Tinkering paths now, in-fact, I hear that Amphibian Boots stack with Frog-themed Accessories.
  6. Obtaining duplicates of certain rewards have been universally reduced, meaning, as long as said item is in the Players inventory, the likelihood of obtaining a duplicate of that same item is very rare now (this applies to Angler Quests as well).
  7. Just to bring up Journey Mode again, since this is a Sandbox Game, once the Player obtains the best tiers of bait, you never have to worry about running out of it, which again, lends to obtaining rarer items sooner.
  8. Food Items also have tiers now, which means Fishing, just for the Regen Bonus of Cooked Fish is worthwhile.
  9. Almost every type of fish can be displayed as a collectable item now via Weapons Racks. This is an objective improvement for builders, giving them access to more types of decorations.
  10. Blood Moon Fishing is especially useful for dedicated Summoner Classes, because some of the best Minions for their progression tier are gained during this special event!
So yeah, I get that some people are unhappy about the changes in 1.4, but saying that Fishing is somehow worse is just-plain-untrue. 🧐 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
If it gets un-nerfed, it would probably outclass Starlight (which is a post-Plantera melee weapon), which is obviously stronger than Fetid Baghnakhs (...?). I think it is a good decision to nerf Fetid Baghnakhs.

i dont know what am i doing
starlight is pretty worthless melee weapon considering the fact that terra blade, influx waver phammer,etc are also available, and do way more dps and has plenty more range

In regard of the progression system, trying to force that progression system on people is actually the way to limit the player and make subsequent playthroughs less exciting due to having less options, less fun and less stuff to explore and show your friends. I remember when I have gone crazy and started a summoner multiplayer playthrough. When my friend realized how strong the Reaver Shark was, we were laughing. Good moments. That's what these nerfs ruin. The silly moments. When you actually have FUN.
You are going to tell me that you used something other than the reaver shark when you found out how powerful it was? Considering most people only used reaver shark, it seems more like nerfing reaver shark actually gave you MORE options, since you wont just skip to hellstone tier at the start of the game. And one more thing, if Fethid Bagnahks was just a joke weapon.... why do you care about it so much?

I know that this a somewhat old thread, but I'll leave this here in case anyone still believes that the Fetid Baghnakhs should be un-nerfed.

In 1.4, the Fetid Baghnakhs are still one of the most powerful weapons in early Hardmode, even without the best melee loadout available at its stage. Now let's consider Titanium armour. For a melee player, that is one of the best armours available, because of how effective the shards are close range, and how they knock away enemies that come near without you having to do anything. Weapons that deal damage quickly create shards faster, which means that the shards will deal more DPS if you use faster weapons. Since the Fetid Baghnakhs have such short range, you'll probably be hitting stuff with the shards if you hit stuff with the Baghnakhs. Then whips came along. Some whips increase melee speed for 3 seconds after you hit something with them, and this increased melee speed obviously affects the Baghnakhs. The Durendal is the best choice for this, because it isn't obtained that much later than the Baghnakhs are and has a bigger speed increase than the Snapthorn. If you can switch between weapons really quickly without delay, you can also use the Snapthorn, since its and the Durendal's speed increase stack. If you put it all together... you've got a strong weapon with insane damage potential and the most viable one for facetanking. It doesn't need a buff.

Back
Top Bottom