Linux Unable to bind extra mouse buttons in Controls menu.

SparkyTD

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have a Razer Basilisk v2 mouse that has two extra thumb buttons on it. Back when I was playing on Windows 10, I usually bind one of them to quick heal and the other one to quick mount. However on the Linux version, this does not seem to work. For example, I click on the control text "Quick Mount" and it turns yellow, but if I click on it with one of the thumb buttons, nothing happens. I am not sure if this problem is specific to linux, or the game version itself, because the last time I played on Windows, 1.4 wasn't out yet. I currently don't have a Windows 10 machine where I could test if it works.

This is not a mouse driver issue, because I have confirmed that the extra buttons are registered as separate ones from the main buttons (using the program 'xev').

I would change the bindings in the json file, but I don't know the actual numeric IDs for those two thumb buttons, and right now I can't be f*cked installing the XNA framework and firing up a project to test it.

Minor QoL issue, but still kind of annoying.

OS info: Manjaro linux, Xorg, KDE Plasma, kernel 5.9. I also have the OpenRazer drivers installed.

Same problem, using a MX Masters Mouse 2. The extra keys work as forward/backwards in browser like a normal web mouse. I can bind them to anything on Windows, they show up as Mouse4, Mouse5, but they don't register on linux.

OS info: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, playing with steam

I've got the same issues on Arch. I already reported it but not fixed yet like many other same thread...

Back
Top Bottom