Xbox One Unable to Download Old-Gen Worlds(possible characters too) and other issues

JordanB500

Terrarian
Atm ive tried to download previously uploaded worlds from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and after displaying a notification and a % bar nothing happens no world is downloaded

i have not tested this on characters but it is a possibility

Another issue is that when zoomed in the ceiling in space is cut off and only shows the lower half of my character the same as before(fortunately this is no longer the case for the beach areas at the end of the map on both sides as they are now displayed fully)

another issue i am having is i attempted to host a world online and my friend could not join for some reason could this be another bug?

Atm ive tried to download previously uploaded worlds from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and after displaying a notification and a % bar nothing happens no world is downloaded

i have not tested this on characters but it is a possibility

Another issue is that when zoomed in the ceiling in space is cut off and only shows the lower half of my character the same as before(fortunately this is no longer the case for the beach areas at the end of the map on both sides as they are now displayed fully)

another issue i am having is i attempted to host a world online and my friend could not join for some reason could this be another bug?
Hi @JordanB500, sorry to hear of these issues. Are you able to download your worlds that were created on Xbox One? It is only Xbox 360 worlds that aren't downloading? Can you see them listed there?

Do you have a photo of the game only showing your lower half of the character? Is the top half cut off, or just not showing at all?

Have you and your friend tried inviting each other? What exactly does it do when you attempt to play with each other? Also, in case you haven't heard, a word of caution to PS4 and Xbox One players playing on online multiplayer. There is a known bug where your world can be overwritten by your friend's world. Please take a moment and look over the workaround here: Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

For your issues, I would recommend sending in your bug reports with as much detail as possible to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

nvm the image is still cut off on the eatern/western beach areas also some of it is shown that is depending on how far up or to the left/right i am in a world if i zoom in completely and at the highest point i cant be seen if zoom out partially you can see my lower body and thats it(course im the guy that decided to build a satellite out of obsidian right above my house(i plan on connecting the teleporters with wire so i need not fly up from my roof)

NiftyIncompleteEyas-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• NiftyIncompleteEyas-size_restricted.gif
    NiftyIncompleteEyas-size_restricted.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 449
this is still an issue after the 1.3 bugfix
Did anyone figure out how to download old gen worlds
Hi @JordanB500 and @The eater of worlds13 - since this is still an issue after the latest patch, if you have a moment, I would recommend sending your info straight to the developers (again) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Be sure to confirm which version you are on, as a patch just came out for Xbox One. So including that info in the report will help them. Also include as many details as possible, such as when the world you are trying to download was made, how much has been built in it, etc. You can also send them your 360 world so that they can see firsthand what the issue is.

Instructions for that are here (they are written for PS4 files, but you should be able to follow along and adjust for the 360 files): SEND US A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA

sorry for the necro i wish i could say that there was any content between now and the last post made here unfortunately this issue was made even worse somehow without even recieving an update my version of terraria crashes when attempting to download an old gen world instead of previously doing nothing and also the game crashes in its entirety after maybe 5 seconds after loading a world, so to sum it up after not playing for a while the game decides to commit suicide. thing is i reinstalled the game and it did not fix the issue

sorry for the necro i wish i could say that there was any content between now and the last post made here unfortunately this issue was made even worse somehow without even recieving an update my version of terraria crashes when attempting to download an old gen world instead of previously doing nothing and also the game crashes in its entirety after maybe 5 seconds after loading a world, so to sum it up after not playing for a while the game decides to commit suicide. thing is i reinstalled the game and it did not fix the issue
We don’t mind necro posts here. :) Sorry to hear your Xbox One is still having issues. A couple thoughts...

Downloading old gen worlds:
  • We’re you able to send in that old world to Pipeworks (the console developers) like I mentioned in a previous post? They probably won’t reply, but they look through every thing that is sent to them and receiving that world may help them figure out the cause of the issue.
  • Is there anything in the old world that might be causing a problem (hacked in items, etc)? Even if a friend gave them to you and you didn’t hack them yourself, any items that were not obtainable through normal gameplay?
  • One thing to try - disable the map at the main menu, then try to bring the world over. A long-shot but worth a try.

Game crashing after loading a world:
  • Are you able to create a new character and go into that world?
  • Are you able to create a new world and go into it?
  • Try disabling the map at the main menu and see if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom