Mobile Unable to drag/drop items in inventory & UI problems on touch screen

ChaosCore

Terrarian
I would definitely rate this as a Critical bug.

I have recently obtained the Samsung S6 and have installed Terraria on it. When I created a new character and started a new world, I started noticing some UI issues on the character creation. It was as if the sensitivity was too high and at times I could select multiple hairs (but only one would appear).

I ignored that and after I created my character, I noticed I could not change weapons or items most of the times. Sometimes I could manage to move an item in my inventory but most of the times when I clicked to drag, it would just scroll up or down my inventory instead of dragging the item. This happened several times and I find it Impossible to play atm since I cannot drag my sword to my quick tab.

If anyone else is experiencing this please let me know. I have seen the same reviews on the app store regarding this issue so I would assume it is global.

Please have a look at this :)

Thank You

I'm not sure if your problem is exactly what I've heard others on Android talking about. Some are saying that they can't access the left side of their hot bar. If that is part of your problem, maybe this work around from a member named forrgott can help.
The hotbar/crafting issue I believe is related the recent fix for keyboard problems people were having. If I create a character or world as I am loading the game (i.e. if I use the keyboard), then this bug will always occur for me. Only fix is to exit the game entirely (including swiping off from my recent apps), then reload. The good news, I suppose, is that upon reloading I haven't had it reoccur (once again, as long as I don't use the keyboard before loading the world).

Ah. Sorry about that then. Hoping they get your problem fixed in the next update in Jul, Aug or Sep.

Aug or September? Thing is the app is unplayable and I paid for it. Do I get a refund or something? There is just no point keeping it on my phone :/

The worst bit is that they have JUST updated Terraria on mobile and it is still not fixed. It's as if this issue is being ignored and it is simply UNPLAYABLE like this.

I'm having the same issue on my Galaxy Note 5. It won't allow me to drag and drop inventory. Character creation is a bit of a pain as well. I have to tap selections several times. I've tried rebooting the game, restarting the phone, and even reinstalled the game a few times and I haven't gotten it to work correctly yet.

They have been updating the game recently but have not fixed this major bug. It doesn't occur to everyone and perhaps only to the people with a higher res phone than 1080p.

ISSUE STILL UNRESOLVED!!! UNPLAYABLE ON Galaxy S6 possible due to higher resolution incompatibility on phone!

Hey guys, just so you know: We're looking into this issue with the new Galaxy devices. Sorry if you're having any issues and we hope to have more information on it soon!

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Although I am able to move things in my inventory. It's just very difficult because the window registers a scroll movement instead of a tap/tap and hold.

guys. this is a NEW bug. it use to exist way back when. there will be a fix for it. but alas! the game is not broken in its current state. you all need some patience. if more than one thing highlights at the same time u just have to click it to make it go away(the highlight is just visual anyways) dragging and dropping though is done through tapping an item once and on the double tap you drag it. (what ive read and experienced on my iphone thats a solid workaround)

well I'm having the problem where i cant drag stuff in my inventory it is pissing me off please fix this :red: now

welp i bought it for mobile cause i had it on pc and xbox i love the game but due to this i can't play at all everything but the inventory works and i can't refund i don't want to have to refund it but it is kinda annoying when you pay for something you love that just won't work

welp i bought it for mobile cause i had it on pc and xbox i love the game but due to this i can't play at all everything but the inventory works and i can't refund i don't want to have to refund it but it is kinda annoying when you pay for something you love that just won't work
Hi there @RealTerraCat, sometimes moving items can be tricky. You'll need to tap first on the item that you want to move to highlight it. Then tap and hold to move it. Hopefully that's what will work for you.

Back
Top Bottom