Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, I'm relatively new to the Terraria on PC version, and I was trying to keybind my hotbar slots to match the ones I use in other games, but whenever I even click on it, it becomes pause. The only key on my keyboard called pause is the pause/break key that is part of the numerical pad. After doing this I can still move around and press pause to swap to the hotbar slot I binded it to, but if I try to change it to lets say, q, it'll soft lock my game, making me unable to make any inputs, escape, mouse clicks, movement, etc. I'm forced to alt f4 my game and relaunch it, and the keybinds dont save. I can't find anyone with the same issue through searches, and the closest solution I've come by was to edit the profile inputs.json file. I tried doing this but not only did my changes not show up the game, but the file doesn't even save despite me clicking on save. This happens with every keybind, and even with my Use Item key bind, where if I click on it, it becomes pause, and if I rebind it to Mouse1 again, my game soft locks despite me technically not changing anything.

Hi, I'm relatively new to the Terraria on PC version, and I was trying to keybind my hotbar slots to match the ones I use in other games, but whenever I even click on it, it becomes pause. The only key on my keyboard called pause is the pause/break key that is part of the numerical pad. After doing this I can still move around and press pause to swap to the hotbar slot I binded it to, but if I try to change it to lets say, q, it'll soft lock my game, making me unable to make any inputs, escape, mouse clicks, movement, etc. I'm forced to alt f4 my game and relaunch it, and the keybinds dont save. I can't find anyone with the same issue through searches, and the closest solution I've come by was to edit the profile inputs.json file. I tried doing this but not only did my changes not show up the game, but the file doesn't even save despite me clicking on save. This happens with every keybind, and even with my Use Item key bind, where if I click on it, it becomes pause, and if I rebind it to Mouse1 again, my game soft locks despite me technically not changing anything.
Well, I have a solution for you, in the file config, or input there are controls you can edit them to whatever you want I. There as long as you save it and it’s done

Well, I have a solution for you, in the file config, or input there are controls you can edit them to whatever you want I. There as long as you save it and it’s done
the closest solution I've come by was to edit the profile inputs.json file. I tried doing this but not only did my changes not show up the game, but the file doesn't even save despite me clicking on save.
Doesn't work

Please try deleting the config.json and input.json files in your Terraria save directory. (I might have the name wrong, I'm going off the top of my head. It might be input profiles or profiles.) This will resolve any issues with corruption in those files. The behaviour you are reporting sounds like something was corrupted.
When you next start Terraria, your settings will be reset, so you may need to redo resolution, graphics, etc. Terraria will recreate the missing files. This should fix any issues with key bindings and allow you to rebind the keys.

Game soft locked in the menu screen, so I Alt F4'd and it not only fixed the soft lock and also the keybinding issue when I relaunched my game, no clue why but I'll take it.

Game soft locked in the menu screen, so I Alt F4'd and it not only fixed the soft lock and also the keybinding issue when I relaunched my game, no clue why but I'll take it.
Don't know what happened there either, but if it's working now, that's probably the important bit. :)

I swear there are 2 glitches that are also part of this bug, one with the Hotbar going to random slots, and one with the mouse going to random places.
I need help on all of these, it makes Terraria unplayable.

Back
Top Bottom