Unable to load Tremor, Calamity, etc after updating to v0.10.0.2 tmodloader

After a lot of testing, it seems that the game ALWAYS throws this error for me when the RAM usage reaches 3.3GB as reported by Windows 10 Task Manager. The error is always a different mod and file, but it always occurs around 3.3GB of memory usage. I am theorizing that the game is actually running out of memory which results in a failure to load whatever file it was trying to load. I know tmodloader has an "out of memory" error, which I get around 20% of the time - again - around 3.3GB of memory. I would really appreciate someone with more modding/coding experience to try and verify this. I have a few other 32-bit programs running in the background, but I don't know what they are. They are just things relating to my computer's hardware and Windows I think. I think they are taking up the other 0.7GB that is not accounted for.

Each time i try to reload Tremor for example i keep on getting this message and then disable my mod. Any one having the same problem?

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Snow2.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
THIS WORKS: go to documents my games /terraria/ cache then delete all that files

Maybe try tmodloader v10.0.0 or v10.0.1?
Well if you try these versions they don't give no error but then the custom music won't play while it should the game mutes the music.
[doublepost=1501868805,1501868537][/doublepost]
Ok theres now something going on, when I empty my cache as @Oso suggested and re-open tModloader it gives this while opening terraria:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.Clone()
at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Could this be actually just an tModloader issue? or something?

Edit: Basically if I "steal" song from example calamity (Don't worry just private testing done offline!) the mod loads but the song wont play, so is it something with the song file that it must have/be something spesific? please help.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
For me it is very inconsistent, some days it will load without doing these 'enable mods, don't reload, exit terraria' methods and other days these methods will work and other days it doesn't work at all no matter what i do. I have tried restarting steam, reinstalling terraria and tmodloader.

This may be a problem with my PC as i can play terraria with mods on my laptop without this issues what so ever.

just asking but dose anyone know how to make the white boxes in the calamity mod
it really sucks
Go on the calamity wiki
[doublepost=1502998162,1502998008][/doublepost]
Well if you try these versions they don't give no error but then the custom music won't play while it should the game mutes the music.
[doublepost=1501868805,1501868537][/doublepost]
Ok theres now something going on, when I empty my cache as @Oso suggested and re-open tModloader it gives this while opening terraria:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.Clone()
at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Could this be actually just an tModloader issue? or something?

Edit: Basically if I "steal" song from example calamity (Don't worry just private testing done offline!) the mod loads but the song wont play, so is it something with the song file that it must have/be something spesific? please help.

Hey that might work ill try it out OK!
[doublepost=1502998224][/doublepost]
Go on the calamity wiki
[doublepost=1502998162,1502998008][/doublepost]

Hey that might work ill try it out OK!
Edit: What i mean by that remove the original song file and maybe replace it with something out
[doublepost=1502998268][/doublepost]Hey that might work ill try it out OK!
[doublepost=1502998224][/doublepost]
Edit: What i mean by that remove the original song file and maybe replace it with something out[/QUOTE]

From my experience with working with multiple mods at once is slowly enabling them to find out which one is the incompatible one. If you reload the mods and find an error, disable that mod as it isn't compatible with the other mod combination. First start with the one or two you absolutely want and reload them to see if one of them has an error, if it does, you would need to redownload it or the current build could just be broken. Then work your way through the others till you find an error, and then that mod is an incompatible mod.

After a lot of testing, it seems that the game ALWAYS throws this error for me when the RAM usage reaches 3.3GB as reported by Windows 10 Task Manager. The error is always a different mod and file, but it always occurs around 3.3GB of memory usage. I am theorizing that the game is actually running out of memory which results in a failure to load whatever file it was trying to load. I know tmodloader has an "out of memory" error, which I get around 20% of the time - again - around 3.3GB of memory. I would really appreciate someone with more modding/coding experience to try and verify this. I have a few other 32-bit programs running in the background, but I don't know what they are. They are just things relating to my computer's hardware and Windows I think. I think they are taking up the other 0.7GB that is not accounted for.
why not get better ram and memory card so it happens less often (and a prosess card to for lag)

This is nearly impossible because windows limits 32bit programs such as terraria to only 4gb of memory. I have 12GB of ram and I still crash, and it was after I disabled largeworldenabler that it worked for me.

I couldnt create a medium sized world before crashing, thats how bad it was.

I keep receiving this error whenever I try to reload the Calamity Mod. I don't know what it means and have not been able to successfully reload the mod. Can anyone help?

Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
at Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Seemingly all of my issues in regards to this were fixed after disabling the mod largeworldenabler...

Because I do not think that is the issue. I have way more than the minimum requirements to play Terraria. I have a lot more than the minimum requirements to play modded Terraria. I think my problem is that Terraria for Windows 10 is 32-bit, so the application cannot make full use of my machine's resources. I am looking into installing Linux on a separate partition to make a dual-boot machine. This way, I can run 64-bit Terraria and allow it access to use more of my computer's resources.

This is nearly impossible because windows limits 32bit programs such as terraria to only 4gb of memory. I have 12GB of ram and I still crash, and it was after I disabled largeworldenabler that it worked for me.

I couldnt create a medium sized world before crashing, thats how bad it was.
K THEN

Back
Top Bottom