Xbox One Unable to move NPC’s

Mushy55

Official Terrarian
I’m unable to assign npc’s to houses or check the housing query. When I try to move an npc into a house or check the housing query it does nothing. I have “housing query” set to RT in the control options. I’ll hover over the house with my cursor while the npc is selected but it does nothing when I try to move them. It doesn’t say my housing is invalid, it just does nothing. I’ve tried disabling other actions set to RT in the options but that doesn’t seem to fix it. I’m not sure if I’m missing something obvious or if this is bugged.

So this feature is really weird now. I'm not sure how to get the keybinding to work. But with that not having a binding, When you are in your inventory and you go across to the housing stuff and select the query option, You have to press Y and then move the cursor into the room you wanna check and press RT

No idea why its like this but yeah.

So this feature is really weird now. I'm not sure how to get the keybinding to work. But with that not having a binding, When you are in your inventory and you go across to the housing stuff and select the query option, You have to press Y and then move the cursor into the room you wanna check and press RT

No idea why its like this but yeah.
I tried doing that but nothing seems to happen.

I can only suggest setting your key bindings to "Classic" And trying with that and then remapping afterwards. As it works for me sorry.

I can only suggest setting your key bindings to "Classic" And trying with that and then remapping afterwards. As it works for me sorry.
Ok I set them to classic and it worked. I’m not sure why it doesn’t work on custom controls but whatever. Thanks.

I found the actual problem. You need to have “switch to world” set to y. It wasn’t doing anything on custom because it was unbinded.
That would do it. I was going to ask if that option was off. Sorry I should have asked that first.

I’m unable to assign npc’s to houses or check the housing query. When I try to move an npc into a house or check the housing query it does nothing. I have “housing query” set to RT in the control options. I’ll hover over the house with my cursor while the npc is selected but it does nothing when I try to move them. It doesn’t say my housing is invalid, it just does nothing. I’ve tried disabling other actions set to RT in the options but that doesn’t seem to fix it. I’m not sure if I’m missing something obvious or if this is bugged.
I’m having the same issue bro

I’m having the same issue bro
As I said above. When you are in your inventory and you go across to the housing stuff and select the query option, You have to press Y and then move the cursor into the room you wanna check and press RT And as Mushy55 Said:
I found the actual problem. You need to have “switch to world” set to y. It wasn’t doing anything on custom because it was unbinded.

So try these and see if that works for you c:

I figured it out with help from you guys. The reason you had to hit Y in classic mode is this. Switch to World. That is the keybinding wr need here. So the process is hover or query or the villager you want to move, then switch to world with whatever binding you set (I set it to RB+RT) then hover over the room in question and hit RT. This fix will work with any controller keybinding config. :)

none of this is working for me?
I play on ps4 and I have the same glitch, can't move npcs or check valid housing
See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.

See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.
sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. I open the list horizontally and switch to the world (using y) then pressing RT and nothing happens. Its really weird though because sometimes it works fine

sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. I open the list horizontally and switch to the world (using y) then pressing RT and nothing happens. Its really weird though because sometimes it works fine
One thing that seems to be working for people that say it’s inconsistently works is to move the Housing “page group“ to the side of the inventory (where the bestiary used to be), so you can access it from the pause menu.

”Page Groups” can be moved like this… (you can read more at the announcement thread here: A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

I can 100% confirm I have tried everything and it still does not work for me at all I cannot kick out NPCs nor query anything even tried making new world......

I can 100% confirm I have tried everything and it still does not work for me at all I cannot kick out NPCs nor query anything even tried making new world......
Hi @legenddolby1986 there was a new patch sent out today that made changes to the housing query bindings. Are you still having an issue after downloading the new update?

FIXED (Oct 7 - Release v1.4.0.5.4.3, Build 759)
  • Fixed autosave bug
  • Fixed the black screen sync bug
  • Fixed a crash when fighting Empress of Light
  • Fixed a crash after long play times
  • Fixed a crash in very old world saves
  • Fixed hotbar navigation affecting player movement
  • Fixed housing query controller bindings (Players will have to go into settings and rechoose from Classic, Advanced or Simplified again or bind the Housing Query setting)
  • Fixed research not consuming the held item stack
  • Fixed mouse conflicting in split screen pause menu
  • Fixed PS4 offscreen mouse cursor
  • Fixed PS4 trophy for Empress of Light
  • Added shoulder combo hint on screen
  • Added more controller bindings on screen
  • Added safe region settings in game
  • Added support for PS4 touchpad button

For known issues and FAQ: Journey's End on XBox and PlayStation - Known Issues and FAQ

Ok I set them to classic and it worked. I’m not sure why it doesn’t work on custom controls but whatever. Thanks.
Not me. My controls are set to classic, and it didn't work for me. I tried everything! (Switching to the world, remapping the housing Query button over and over again, etc) idk what to do...

Back
Top Bottom