PC Unable to Use Items and Move At The Same Time

Spectra_0042

Terrarian
Hello, I have recently installed Terraria on a new computer. However, while it does run much better now, it seems that when I'm holding down to use a weapon (say something like the Razorblade Typhoon), it'll stop being used as soon as I move or press any key on the keyboard. What's also weird is that I can't start using an item when I'm moving or pressing down any key.
Of course, being unable to use items or weapons when moving will multiply the difficulty of the game heavily. While it seems that I can't do a command (using an item) by pressing the mouse button and move (pressing a key on the keyboard) at the same time. However, if I mess with the controls so that the Use Item Button is a key on the keyboard, I can use items while moving all I want. Also, if I do set the Use Item Button to be a key on the keyboard, pressing the mouse doesn't stop it being used.
I tried messing with the settings on Terraria, as well as messing with the settings for my keyboard and mouse, but I have found no fix to this issue. If anyone can help me provide a fix to this weird issue, I thank you immensely.

That's a very odd issue. Does it happen in any other games?

If not, try these steps:

1. Exit Terraria.
  2. Go to Documents/My Games/Terraria.
  3. Delete config.json and input profiles.json (won't affect your worlds or characters).
  4. Start Terraria.
Let me know if that worked for you. ;)

What mouse and keyboard do you own? If you use a different mouse does it fix your issue?

Does a family member or a friend have a mouse you can borrow to plug in and see if you still get the issue? In the meantime could you also give me the model number of your laptop? (should be near the barcode sticker somewhere on the bottom of your laptop)

Okay I believe I know what's happening here. Your touch pad doesn't have any physical buttons, meaning it's all touch gesture based. We'll need to modify some settings for your touch pad to allow you to use both the touch pad and the keyboard at the same time.

This video guide will show you how to open your touch pad settings. Once there set "Palm Check" to the left most minimum level. If your problem is not completely resolved after this we'll need to adjust one more setting.

upload_2019-4-7_14-40-7.png

This is all I get when I get into my TouchPad settings. If I click "Additional Settings", I just get the mouse settings.
[doublepost=1554662766,1554662443][/doublepost]When I go to Mouse Settings I get something called an ELAN hardware.
upload_2019-4-7_14-46-1.png

Back
Top Bottom