Underestimating Crates...

Genderless_Neko

Terrarian
I've never really done much fishing before 1.3 so I didn't have any experience with crates or anything but I quickly got the hang of it and soon addicted. I am savoring 1.3 and I've been pre-hard mode for 40 hours and I've only gotten into hardmode now. I decided to do that little trick that I've heard of, collecting a bunch of crates pre-hard mode and then opening them up once I got into hardmode to get a "small boost."

Minor Fishing Addiction.png

Totally not addicted to fishing

And this is some of the loot I got after opening them, the chests I'm standing by are also full of potions and other items.

The :red:.png

So I won't be savoring early hardmode, but I was in complete awe with the amount of things I got from opening the crates. Out of all the items the bait was the best, trying to get bait to feed my fishing addiction was a real chore.

I realized earlier while opening my stack of iron crates that I could easily supply my fishing habit permanently with the amount of master bait you will get. The 40+ gold crates I opened? Holy hell, jackpot.

Well, I am not really able to access fishing, unless I go to a friend's house who has a windows, but when I have fishing is really fun, as in 1.3 they added a lot of loot.
I just open my crates prehardmode, but I still got a Hermes boots variant, and I heard that there was balloon and cloud in a bottle variants too, so I would recommend fishing a lot really early on, Getting heaps of crates, opening them, the further on prehardmode getting a ton of crates to save for hard mode, so that way you can get some good accessories really early on, and you get some sweet hard mode loot

I'm a casual fisher, trying to make a Cell phone because I'm missing the Fisherman's Guide. Thanks to seeing this thread, I just fished up 3 Zephyr Fish pets in 5 minutes. Sonar, crate and fishing potions are amazing! <3

Edit: Literally the Fallen Starfish I fished up at the time of this post gave me the guide ;D

I'm a casual fisher, trying to make a Cell phone because I'm missing the Fisherman's Guide. Thanks to seeing this thread, I just fished up 3 Zephyr Fish pets in 5 minutes. Sonar, crate and fishing potions are amazing! <3

Sonar potions are great because it helps you conserve bait instead of just catching anything that tugs on your reel.
Fishing potions just increase your fishing skill, although I'm not 100% sure what the fishing skill is (Either increases chances on finding rare fish or increases how long bait lasts?)
Crate potions are amazing, although sometimes you go through an entire potion without getting a single crate.

Sonar potions are great because it helps you conserve bait instead of just catching anything that tugs on your reel.
Fishing potions just increase your fishing skill, although I'm not 100% sure what the fishing skill is (Either increases chances on finding rare fish or increases how long bait lasts?)
Crate potions are amazing, although sometimes you go through an entire potion without getting a single crate.
That's right, fishing skill increases how long bait lasts. So three cheers for Tackle box and Angler set :)

And high test fishing line, you don't know true rage until your line breaks when you get two golden crates in a row
I know the rage for me it was a zephyr fish in 1.2.4 the last pet I was missing... sigh that or the scale truffle
I honestly wish there was an accessory that combined the various fishing accessories...

G
And high test fishing line, you don't know true rage until your line breaks when you get two golden crates in a row

*cries*

So I tried fishing and it totally ruined my life is wonderful to do. I'm also now addicted to potion making (because why not?) and am currently looking to open shops on servers to dump and sell all the potions I have amassed (again, because why not?). So kudos to you guys!

Back
Top Bottom