Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was exploring the underground desert, using my vampire knives to light up the area, when suddenly the game froze. I studied the screen, trying to figure out what could've caused the crash. A Demon Altar was placed on top of a boulder, probably during world generation. I think the game crashes when the boulder tried to roll, but the blocks beneath a demon altar are unbreakable until you beat the Wall of Flesh, which I haven't yet. I have a few items, such as the vampire knives, that I brought over from a different world.

The world is a pre-hardmode, journey map. I have attached pictures of the screen during the crash and when I found the spot again and recreated the crash (apologies for the low quality!). The game is fully unresponsive, but my laptop still works enough to close out the game.

This is the only issue I've had with the game in the years I've been playing. You guys have done a great job!

Attachments

• 20200519_050340.jpg
    20200519_050340.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200519_052549.jpg
    20200519_052549.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200519_052525.jpg
    20200519_052525.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 87
I was exploring the underground desert, using my vampire knives to light up the area, when suddenly the game froze. I studied the screen, trying to figure out what could've caused the crash. A Demon Altar was placed on top of a boulder, probably during world generation. I think the game crashes when the boulder tried to roll, but the blocks beneath a demon altar are unbreakable until you beat the Wall of Flesh, which I haven't yet. I have a few items, such as the vampire knives, that I brought over from a different world.

The world is a pre-hardmode, journey map. I have attached pictures of the screen during the crash and when I found the spot again and recreated the crash (apologies for the low quality!). The game is fully unresponsive, but my laptop still works enough to close out the game.

This is the only issue I've had with the game in the years I've been playing. You guys have done a great job!
This has already been reported, and a fix is pending. Thanks for the report, though!

Back
Top Bottom