Biomes & Nature Underground Dynasty

Was it worth the read?

• Total voters
I like ALMOST all of it. Just the memory potion troubles me. I know you where probably expecting a comment about this, but there are just too many exploits with this. You are right, that potion needs its own thread. However other than that, I love this suggestion :D I especially love the sprites

I always thought the Traveling Merchant was an Otaku... Though the style of the buildings which can be built with Dynasty Wood could also be from China - and my brain's set on linking "Dynasty" to "Dynasty Warriors." :dryadgrin:

Anyhow, nice suggestion. Needs more Japanese polearms tho.

Also, I found the perfect gifs to express me feelings for this:

game_over_foxy_emote___five_nights_at_freddys_by_thefurnacebear-d80w7xy.gif
: OMG IT'S BACONFRY WITH A BIOME SUGGESTION!
game_over_chica_emote___five_nights_at_freddys_by_thefurnacebear-d80w7l3.gif
: IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
game_over_emote___five_nights_at_freddys_by_thefurnacebear-d80uwgq.gif
: EVERYONE FOLLOW MY LEAD AND GO NUTS!

Just a couple of small things, as I think you can add a couple more swords, just for the heck of it.

Shinai - 8 Bamboo
Shortsword variant. Imagine using this and shouting "TSUKKI!!". It's more for poking around in PvP. Either that, or as a decoration item.

Also,

Bokutou - 8 Dynasty Wood
Pretty sure there's no wooden sword variant from Dynasty Wood yet. And it would fit the theme to some extent.

Just some ideas anyway. For spears, I think Razor would be a better candidate to suggesting them.

A way to end the eternal "spear or sword?" separation would be to bring forth the Nagamaki.

Fancy little link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagamaki

These could be considered polearms due to the length of their handle and their total length, but are sword-like in function.

Edit: Of course, this would require a dual function for weapons, as it could be used swinging it like a sword, or poking things like a spear.

For a first biome suggestion in the first day, it already ends up like this!, your too good for this...
Anyway, seems already great, obviously,
By the way, you should (maybe) add that Samurai armor, it looks like a nice touch for Japanese theme places, and
that Tanuki's hat, hehe, propably (maybe) too,

If you take a look at the Traveling Merchant's wares, you'll notice that one country is represented a little too well. Japan. Don't get me wrong, I love Japan. But if the Traveling Merchant has supposedly visited the countries of the world, then shouldn't he have a more culturally diverse selection of wares (along with his ACME convenience devices)?

just a minor thing, but i think that was his entire point. like a silk road type deal where he travels to far off lands. (maybe he sells your more western looking stuff over there but why bother selling viking helmets to a place that can just go get one when he can sell you chinese lanterns and keep the helmet for some japanese collector at a massive markup)

to clarify....how far underground? is this below hell? :p

a few ideas for additions

a hardmode wyvern mount... pretty straight forward

a 2 entity miniboss Sensei who is a zombie that acts like Bone Lee and Pupil who is a demon eye that is attached to Sensei by a nerve and shoots lasers at the player.
if Sensei is defeated first, Pupil will break free and act like a demon eye.

oh and maybe a enchanted sword type enemy... a possessed katana perhaps.

Last edited:
index.php

Yes please. Want now. Red please.

The only thing I can think of to say other than "Well done!" is that the new Potions seem a tad complicated...

Thanks for using It's a me!'s Suspicious Looking Username, even though it was just to credit.

I love this suggestion. I got to make a seal of approval ASAP.
A question: do the crickets make cricket sounds? And can there be passive crickets (on the whole world, please)?

This is great! I would love to see this in Terraria, we need more minibiomes underground.
I especially love the Tanuki enemy, it's very unique and I would love to chase one across my world! The items from the locked chests are very creative, I love the Recurve Bow and Ghost Lantern.
Maybe we could have a Bamboo furniture set as well? It would provide more uses for the wood, and the more furniture, the better!

Amazing idea overall, keep up the great suggestions!
TPKQY8m.gif

First off, to get this out of the way, I was actually doing a bunch of planning for a similarly Japan-style biome. This one replaces the Hallow, however, rather than being an underground one. So yeah. Now that that's out of the way:

Brilliant! I really like the attention to detail that was put into this. I don't see any Hardmode items, but from the replies I've read, that will come in time.

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

Last edited:
This is a very well thought out idea, and the sprites are beautifully made. I love everything you have to say here, and say that this is an extremely well done suggestion. Well done!

If this is added, I'm gonna hunt down paper enemies until I get that hat. It's all about the hats. Also, about that silkworm. Would it be a good idea to put it in a terrarium and use it as a silk dispenser? I'm talking only like 5 silk a day, though.

Back
Top Bottom