Biomes & Nature Underground needs a revamp

Uchiha sasuke

Terrarian
Honestly, I've noticed that the underground layer is just a bit dull. Right now there are a few issues
1. the layer is extremely small
2. there are no unique structures (the underground cabin can spawn in the cavern layer as well, despite naming)
3. there are few unique enemies- only a few slime varieties and the giant worm/digger (most of the biome related enemies can spawn in caverns as well)

Overall, it fails to feel like a unique layer and exists as little besides a transition to the cavern layer. For starters, I think the size of the layer should be extended about 200-300 blocks downwards (for large worlds). That way there would be enough space for it to feel fully like its own zone and opportunity to go about fleshing it out more.

As far as unique structures and enemies honestly needs to be done, its hard to put out specific quality suggestions (I do have one so far though- https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/bandits-bandit-hideout.78720/#post-1735496) on what should be changed. However, in general, there needs to be more unique mobs that are manageable in difficulty and more unique structures to give the place a new identity- all the while still encouraging the player to go deeper and giving them a taste of what's to come.

I guess I'll periodically update this thread whenever I come up with a new idea for an underground suggestion, and you guys are free to pitch yours here!

Um, well it's SUPPOSED to serve as a gateway between the surface and cavern.
I don't think it's right to have unique structures exist literally a couple blocks from the surface.
The underground lets players know "hey, the deeper you go the more valuable the loot" almost like it's pushing new players who happen to not know anything about Underworld existing to dig deeper and deeper.
Also, I feel it would be annoying especially early game when our picks suck. I just want to get to the Caverns and start mining there, from a realistic standpoint you're going to find more valuable things when they are more under the pressure of gravity.
-------
But that's just my opinion :indifferent:

Back
Top Bottom