Biomes & Nature Underground Silt-Pits, Collapsed houses and broken items.

Squideer

Official Terrarian
The idea of this biome really would be compiled mainly of silt blocks, A few "rotten wood" blocks (Variation like Living Wood), and various destroyed pieces of furniture, Including items found in Treasure Chests. I'll explain these shortly. (This also the rare chance of happening with underground sand biomes)

Silt Pits can only have a width of between 25 x 50 bricks wide, But they can go anywhere from 35 x 100 bricks deep. Here's an rough example of a small-medium sized silt pit.
Gkx4BdS.png

You probably noticed the various walls and that chest, Well this is my additional idea on the Silt Pit, Introducing "Collapsed houses".

Players encounter hundreds of those underground bunkers with golden chests, Various housing items, and paintings. The game has a chance to replace any of those bunkers with a "Collapsed" one, The edges of the houses would remain along with part of the roof, But the majority of the floor and a lot of the walls will have fallen into the Silt pit. (The walls, Along with the wood would be randomly scattered along the silt pit, Closer to the bottom.)
Along with the pieces that had fallen into the silt pit, The wood the house was made up of would be Rotten Wood, Similar to Ice it has a chance to instantly shattered, But instead of this basing off of what height the player falls from, It would have a chance to shatter every time it is stepped on. (Mining this wood would destroy it instantly, No blocks are added to the players inventory in either case)

The chest will have fallen all the way to the bottom of the pit, Covered in either Silt, or Wood. If possible, Any weapons found inside the chest will have their natural spawn modifier replaced with the Broken stat modifier automatically attached, Accessories natural spawn modifier would be removed, And replaced with nothing. Instead of potions there would be Empty Bottles and small amounts of glass. (Because you can't acquire a broken bottle).

Last edited:
So a minibiome that has nothing useful (except for silt for an extractinator)
I'm ok with this.

Yep pretty much, I just find the normal houses are so "Static", They need some kind of variance. (My initial idea for this oddly enough, Was somebody falling through the floor of an underground bunker and dying due to fall damage.)

Yep pretty much, I just find the normal houses are so "Static", They need some kind of variance. (My initial idea for this oddly enough, Was somebody falling through the floor of an underground bunker and dying due to fall damage.)
Okay, but the loot seem to be useless matching to other underground houses.
I think it should have some special items of its own, or maybe a natural habitat for the extractinator.

Okay, but the loot seem to be useless matching to other underground houses.
I think it should have some special items of its own, or maybe a natural habitat for the extractinator.

Well the original idea wasn't something for a rare-loot drop or anything, Just something like a cosmetic change to the game. Chests could have a 0.1% drop chance to drop an item that solidifies bricks that are affected by gravity (Sand, Silt, Slush), Freeze water, And generate Obsidian over top of Lava. (Bricks for other liquid counterparts like Honey)

This seems interesting, especially with the new 1.3 cabins. Support! The one change I would make is not changing the chest loot or type.
This is the biggest necro to ever happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom