Biomes & Nature Underground Swamp Biome

The sad debuf is a good idea, but just reducing damage done. Reducing defense, stacked woth ichor would be balance breaker IMHO.
The weapons are a bit too strong, you can find them relatively easy. So nerf them a bit or make them obtainable in a later stage of game progresion. (even with harder enemies you can't stop players from venturing inside for the loot)
For now because it's a simple change I'm going to change the sad debuff to only lower damage.

Now I want to see someone in hardmode with wooden armor.
A Reaver Shark can mine Hellstone, and you can get Obsidian on the way down. Plus all the crates you get means you can skip straight to Titanium right after beating the Wall.

There is also one about raptors and jurasic park
The raptors weren't necessarily a reference but there because I'd heard about dinosaurs living in swamps. The door opening was because someone brought it up as a joke, but I see what you mean.

It would be neat if there was a mini-boss or something like that. I don't know what it should be but it would be cool if it asociated(idk if I spelled it right) with onions and ogres.

It would be neat if there was a mini-boss or something like that. I don't know what it should be but it would be cool if it asociated(idk if I spelled it right) with onions and ogres.
The ogre is just a small joke. I don't want the entire biome to be based around shrek.

I'm torn on this.

I've wanted to have a Swamp biome in this game for ages(it's really the only RPG staple terrains we're missing besides Mountains). But this implementation isn't quite how I envisioned it.

I always felt like the Glowing Mushroom biome was ALREADY the Underground Swamp biome I wanted. Mud. Mostly flooded. The giant mushrooms. What I wanted was for them to flesh the Glowing Mushroom biome into a fuller biome. Which they did awhile ago, when they added a ton of new content to it.

But what I really wanted to see was for the Glowing Mushroom biome grown into a full size biome like the Jungle and Snow biomes, with a full Underground and surface area. And while I think the Underground portion of this biome is fine, I wouldn't want the surface portion to have glowing mushrooms. I would want it to have, like, Willow Trees instead. And I'd want the surface Swamp to take on the properties the Jungle has currently where it is often always flooded. But then I want the Jungle to STOP being that way.

Frankly, if it were up to me, the Swamp biome would completely replace the Corruption/Crimson in Easymode, and those biomes wouldn't even show up in the world until Hardmode at the same time as the Hallow.

Last edited:
I'm torn on this.

I've wanted to have a Swamp biome in this game for ages. But this implimentation isn't quite how I envisioned it.

I always felt like the Glowing Mushroom biome was ALREADY the Underground Swamp biome I wanted. Mud. Mostly flooded. The giant mushrooms. What I wanted was for them to flesh the Glowing Mushroom biome into a fuller biome. Which they did awhile ago, when they added a ton of new content to it.

But what I really wanted to see was for the Glowing Mushroom biome grown into a full size biome like the Jungle and Snow biomes, with a full Underground and surface area. And while I think the Underground portion of this biome is fine, I wouldn't want the surface portion to have glowing mushrooms. I would want it to have, like, Willow Trees instead. And I'd want the surface Swamp to take on the properties the Jungle has currently where it is often always flooded. But then I want the Jungle to STOP being that way.
Sadly I can't really do anything about that. I agree that glowing mushroom biomes should be bigger, but that's not what my swamp is about. However, I am working on updating this biome, and you gave me ideas for it. I always saw glowing mushrooms as parasitic, like cordyceps fungi. It looks apparent in a lot of mushroom enemies as well, the zombies and Anomura Fungus for example. If the mushroom biome got more content, that is the theme I'd like to see.

The ogre is just a small joke. I don't want the entire biome to be based around shrek.
I still think that this biome deserves a mini-boss so i made this fella.
lel.png

(I didn't accept the cut version so i put this)
Meet Bearclaw the Guardian of Swamp.
He's a post-Golem mini-boss that does melee damage.
Stats:
12000 HP
46 Defence
105 Damage
He's basically a tank. Bearclaw has 2 attacks. First attack is punching the Player just like many other enemies. Secon attack is throwing you up in air and pulling you back down very fast. The second attack ignores wings and items that make you ignore fall damage. If you have a grapling hook you can easily avoid taking fall damage.
The drops:
Bearteeth hook - A hook that can pull you 28 blocks. If a enemy toiches the hook when it's shot the hook will do 16 Damage.
Steel claw - Right click: Throws enemy 10 blocks in air and does 63 damage. Left click: Shoots the claw and pulls grabbed enemy towards you. If enemy is in air it will grab it and fastly pull it to ground dealing massive Damage.
Thats it for now. I didn't do that much detail on it because i was too lazy :3 but if Pinelord wants to detail it you can.
It's ok if this suggestion gets changed or doesn't get added to biome but i will appreciate if this inspires or gets added.
Also sorry if this was too much detail.

I still think that this biome deserves a mini-boss so i made this fella.
View attachment 74242
(I didn't accept the cut version so i put this)
Meet Bearclaw the Guardian of Swamp.
He's a post-Golem mini-boss that does melee damage.
Stats:
12000 HP
46 Defence
105 Damage
He's basically a tank. Bearclaw has 2 attacks. First attack is punching the Player just like many other enemies. Secon attack is throwing you up in air and pulling you back down very fast. The second attack ignores wings and items that make you ignore fall damage. If you have a grapling hook you can easily avoid taking fall damage.
The drops:
Bearteeth hook - A hook that can pull you 28 blocks. If a enemy toiches the hook when it's shot the hook will do 16 Damage.
Steel claw - Right click: Throws enemy 10 blocks in air and does 63 damage. Left click: Shoots the claw and pulls grabbed enemy towards you. If enemy is in air it will grab it and fastly pull it to ground dealing massive Damage.
Thats it for now. I didn't do that much detail on it because i was too lazy :3 but if Pinelord wants to detail it you can.
It's ok if this suggestion gets changed or doesn't get added to biome but i will appreciate if this inspires or gets added.
Also sorry if this was too much detail.
I don't think it fits in with the biome really. If I were to add a miniboss, which I don't think this place needs, it'd be some sort of aquatic enemy.

Back
Top Bottom