Underrated Weapons

Blowpipe.png

The Blowpipe.

It's not a remarkable weapon by itself but it, when combined with Poison Darts, annihilates everything in the Jungle - which is specifically why it's so good. Once you get it, you can basically blitzkrieg the Jungle and gain a massive early lead with Ivy Whips and Boomsticks. And you get darts from the Jungle anyways, so it's basically an infinite supply of ammo.

Code 2. It's usually overshadowed by its big brother The Eye of Cthulhu, but assuming you manage to get one it can be quite nifty for fighting mech bosses due to its relatively low price, respectable damage, and infinite spin time. The one-mech-boss requirement to get it isn't really that bad, as you can just cheese what you consider to be the easiest mech boss and then take down the other 2 with relative ease.

The Dart Rifle. It's really good against all the mechanical bosses, plantera and the golem with ichor darts IMO.

I guess I like the Ice Sickle. I used it early Hardmode in my first playthrough.
Scythes are underrated in games. I love when they're in a game AND done right. Nothing like putting it past an enemy and them panicking when you pull it in; towards you.

The Bubble Gun. It's mostly overshadowed by the Razorblade Typhoon, which is weird considering that the Bubble Gun absolutely obliterates the Moon Events and Bosses.

The slime mount is really OP, no joke... In calamity mod you can get it right at the start of the game and i defeated many thorium and calamity bosses prehardmode with it.

One time I fought the EoC with Slime Mount and I got crushed in between the EoC and the height limit and died instantly.
I've never felt the same about the Slime Mount ever again.

Deffinately ice boomerang or bundle of balloons. bundle of balloons is really good versus duke fishron. same with frog leg and sheield of cthulhu.

Bundle of Balloons with a mount with good acceleration (probably Basilisk) is amazing, you can go through a whole run without even wanting wings thanks to that.

Back
Top Bottom