Member-Run Project Undertale: Faithless Genocide; an AU in Development

Dev Role Options

• Total voters
@Champion Greninjoid Shoot I didn't notice that post, thanks for reposting it lol-

Uh, I don't THINK so? I've never been a huge fan of the whole Phantom Pap being real thing. He's at most a hallucination that only Dust can see; my thought is that it makes Dust creepier if he's muttering one-sided conversations to someone that doesn't even actually exist anymore 👍

OI MISC AND IDEAS PEOPLE! HOW'S ABOUT WE MAKE SOME L O R E ? ! ?

What I'm thinking is that for the lore, someone can make a story-style narration of what's going on and/or has already happened. So like at the beginning of Undertale where it goes "Mt. Ebbott, 20XX..." and starts talking about how a human fell down into the Underground and whatnot. That's what I'd LIKE to do, but I don't have time to do it myself. Could anybody maybe start that for me? I guess either post it here or make it on a Google Doc or something, Idk-

Here's what we've conversed about lore-wise so far I tried way too hard with my quote-scavenging:
The AU is called:

Undertale: Faithless Genocide

In its most basic form, it was a sort of Bad Time Trio AU that involved Dust!Sans (from Dusttale), Fell!Sans (from Underfell), and SS!Chara (from Storyshift).

Well, I had an idea for a potential phase 4 fusion character between Dust!Sans and Insanity!Sans (who I forgot to mention is in the AU as well) maybe using the SOUL of SS!Chara to initiate the fusion, but I didn't know if that would be a good idea or not.

Because there are definitely fight phases in this AU lol- I just forgot to mention them, or which ones have which characters xD.

Which side is Insanity on? Based on his lore I’m not sure.

As in the human's or Dust's? He's on Dust's side. I'm kind of non-canonically assuming Dust and Insanity formed something of a truce after the events of ReveX's Mirrored Insanity AU.

Also, @TheMaybeNotEpicness, @Rainbow Dash Ketchum, and @MR.bug reporter do you want to help come up with some lore ideas? To start, I'm thinking we should start with the backstory, obviously. How do you think the characters should meet? After all, they all are from completely different alternate Undertale universes. Toss out some ideas for how Dust!Sans meets each character, even if you think they're crappy. I'm not the type of person to heap a bunch of criticism on an idea, after all. And I feel like multiple ideas and perspectives are useful to make the best possible lore.

They could have all been killed and found themselves in a different dimension with only each other, and then plotted finding their way back to the respective human of each timeline and killing them, and then you, the player show up and they decide you’re a good first target.

Not a bad idea! It'd explain why they're working together, why they're not killing each other, and it doesn't make the backstory unnecessarily complicated. The only question at that point would be: who revived them? I'm thinking either Gaster or some mysterious godlike-being thing.

Gaster would make sense, however something unique to this AU might be nice, as a little originality never hurts.

Is there a core trait the three of them share that ties them (the 2 sans and SS!Chara) together?

Initially... edginess. That was kinda what this AU was before I decided to actually try hard to bring it into existence: A joke AU called the "Edgy Time Trio". However, I'd say that other than that, color scheme, personality (each of them has kind of a darker personality than Classic Sans) and -at least in the AU- a shared hatred of genocidal children.

Maybe then the three of them possibly died in a genocide type situation and the three of them are now traveling through looking for people who have followed the route that got them killed for revenge and in the process find the player
Anyway, between all misc people and ideas people, try to come up with some basic backstory-style lore, please, and then plop it down as a story-like outline or whatever. Thanks, @TheEpicSylveon, @HangeTheSylveon, @Champion Greninjoid, @Benjellyman, and @MR.bug reporter (I excluded anyone that quit or already has a job they're working on if you're wondering why I didn't ping EVERYONE in the ideas and misc roles-)!

@Champion Greninjoid Shoot I didn't notice that post, thanks for reposting it lol-

Uh, I don't THINK so? I've never been a huge fan of the whole Phantom Pap being real thing. He's at most a hallucination that only Dust can see; my thought is that it makes Dust creepier if he's muttering one-sided conversations to someone that doesn't even actually exist anymore 👍
I agree with that completely, and I’m pretty sure I said so.

Hmmm. Now what? What do y'all think we should do next? Is there anything we can work on right now, or should we just wait for Hange to make the lore and decide what to do from there?

Juuuust so you know glitchtrap I’m heading off to vacation in a bit. I’ll still be able to talk and work just fine, it just means I’ll have way less time on my hands.

also stiiiilll working on that title haha

Juuuust so you know glitchtrap I’m heading off to vacation in a bit. I’ll still be able to talk and work just fine, it just means I’ll have way less time on my hands.

That's perfectly fine; looking forward to seeing the finished product! I'm a very patient person xD

Hoi everybody! I'm back to check up on y'all! So...
I could do the lore, but i can't do the music
Hange, how's the lore coming? Any progress reports to give me?

I hope you're enjoying your vacation lol, and just reminding you not to forget about the title xD

Me too, still can't get anything good.
Is there anything in particular you want from the lore?
Not particularly? I mostly just want something that covers the basics of backstory, how the characters (Dust!Sans, Fell!Sans, and SS!Chara [not Insanity!Sans quite yet]), and maybe alludes to a godlike-being OC thingy. I don't need a COMPLETE lore done yet, just something to start with so we can move on to the AU's actual story, theoretical fight phases, etc. We can always adjust the lore later-
Yeah… I’m still trying
Alrighty, keep up the good work! Thanks again for doing this for us-

Happy belated New Year! How are all of my fellow devs doing? I hope you haven't forgotten about this over Christmas Break (although I wouldn't blame you if you did, I kind of did too xD) lol-

Just checking up on y'all, I can't stay on rn. However, just posting this as a "New Year's over, let's get going again!" thing xD

I have to admit I did kinda forget about it the past few days, but I’m not entirely sure what I should do now. I could try doing an art thing again, but I can’t really guarantee it’ll be done soon… I’m trying to think of more stuff for the lore, and I might have to read through the wiki for Storyshift since that’s the one I know the least about.

I didn't forget about this, I did forget to post here,

I had a lore idea, because the main trio is going out to take revenge on genociding players maybe the three of them decided to try to prevent a mass genocide from happening by going through different worlds and killing the player there and when you meet them that could be why they are here

I didn't forget about this, I did forget to post here,

I had a lore idea, because the main trio is going out to take revenge on genociding players maybe the three of them decided to try to prevent a mass genocide from happening by going through different worlds and killing the player there and when you meet them that could be why they are here
That's actually what I wanted the whole basis of the AU to be (hence "Faithless Genocide"; they have no FAITH that you'll change from your evil ways, so they're going to do a GENOCIDE of all of the Frisks and Charas in the Multiverse), so it'll pretty much be the entire reason why they're fighting you in the first place! Good idea 👍

That's actually what I wanted the whole basis of the AU to be (hence "Faithless Genocide"; they have no FAITH that you'll change from your evil ways, so they're going to do a GENOCIDE of all of the Frisks and Charas in the Multiverse), so it'll pretty much be the entire reason why they're fighting you in the first place! Good idea 👍
I suppose the main thing for lore now is to explain how the heck Chara hasn’t been killed by the others yet...
I’m reading the Storyshift wiki soon.

Back
Top Bottom