Underwater Base?

OddGirl

Dungeon Spirit
I'm thinking of building one but so far have only seen one example of a completely submerged base. Anyone make one? Know of any? Ideas/Tips?

Hmm... Try to build the frame (Walls too) of the house first, then go inside the frame of the house, and carve a hole in the middle, and the water will drain in the hole. Then, cover the hole up and there you go.

Hmm... Try to build the frame (Walls too) of the house first, then go inside the frame of the house, and carve a hole in the middle, and the water will drain in the hole. Then, cover the hole up and there you go.
I agree with building a frame and draining the water, so you can build without draining the entire ocean, but instead of using a hole to tunnel the water out, you can either use pumps to move the excess water back outside of the build frame, or use a super absorbent sponge to get rid of the water permanently.

Step 1: Carve out a big bowl somewhere in the world.
Step 2: Build a house in this bowl.
Step 3: Get an Endless Water Bucket.
Step 4: Fill the bowl with water (make sure the house is water-tight though! lol)

OR

Step 1: Find a huge lake of water or use the ocean.
Step 2: Build the outer frame of the house.
Step 3: Once the outer frame of the house is watertight, use the Super Absorbent Sponge to get rid of the water in the house.
Step 4: Finish building the house, be careful not to break the watertight seal.

Great tips/ideas! I went with the pump method in the ocean. Had to build a retaining wall to keep from having to build an ark next. I think it turned out well

774B30BFB1B213FA0CA8A72D99EFAAF4CC2F2A55

Last edited:
Oh mah greenjungle goddess is that pretty @OddGirl Now I think I need to make one!

Is that Tin Plating Wall painted with Deep White or something? It almost looks like Copper, but you'd think it'd at least have some orange tint to it still.

It looks like it, I love the pattern of tin/copper plating, fantastic idea. I never use paint, always forget about it.

Great tips/ideas! I went with the pump method in the ocean. Had to build a retaining wall to keep from having to build an ark next. I think it turned out well

I don't wanna live in fear that my fatal accidental picaxe swing is responsible for the drowning of 14 innocent NPCS.

Last edited by a moderator:
woah, that's awesome

Thanks! :dryadhappy:

Oh mah greenjungle goddess is that pretty @OddGirl Now I think I need to make one!

Definitely! I made an air lock next to it while building (before I got a neptunes shell) and that was really helpful

Is that Tin Plating Wall painted with Deep White or something? It almost looks like Copper, but you'd think it'd at least have some orange tint to it still.

Yup, its white painted copper plating. It looks more cream than white. I thought it was a good submarine type texture but not an orange fan

Unbelievably amazing :) Love this, inspired me to have a go at an underwater base myself! <3

YAY! I hope you'll post what you make, I'd love to see it!
Funny you put that! I was literally just sorting out my screenies from recent game play as I have seriously gotten into Terraria again and am even doing a multiplay with my Dad, last night It was late but not late enough for bed so I even started a hardcore character on an expert world and plan to make a thread sharing the evolution of my games (i have 4 games, one that is on hold because i am struggling with it, my main single play, my multiplay, and my hardcore) but I will probably just share my main and the multiplay (4 threads is a bit much ;) )

Back
Top Bottom