• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Underwater Survival (Abzutil)

dirtlord

Skeletron Prime
I was inspired by the release of journeys end to make my own 2d survival game (on mobile).

The name (Abzutil) is a combination of the sumerian words: abzu(deep water/underground water) & til(life/survival)

The premise:
you were a volunteer testing a newly invented cryo-stasis system. You should have only been in there for a year, but when you awoke the pods systems had failed and everything in sight was flooded. Now you must survive this harsh landscape and discover what happened.

I'm currently working on worldgen.
The following world took 55.61666... seconds to generate:
Screenshot_20201017-180025.png

The yellow-green part is a biome called 'the glow'

Update 2:
(#1 in replies)
-added world selection/creating screens.
-made water in world preview translucent.
-add background layer to worldgen.

New screenshot:
Screenshot_20201019-163026.png

An artist I am not, but the fish move at different speeds.

Title:
title.png

Last edited:

dirtlord

Skeletron Prime
(apparently 'edit thread' doesn't work on mobile)
Update:
-I've added noise to the edge of 'the glow'.
-I've cleaned up the generation screen.
---added animated background.
---replaced default font with a custom one.
---replaced loading bar made from drawn rectangles with a graphic.
-added title screen
-created json reader (because the one that libgdx has isn't enough)

Top Bottom