Weapons & Equip Unique grappling hooks?

samufinland

Empress of Light
There are a lot of grappling hooks in Terraria. But most of them behave the same, only differing in reach. Some of them also have multiple hooks. It would be awesome if there was more grappling hooks like the Anti Gravity Hook or the Static Hook that behave completely differently from the rest.

-What about a hook that uses simple swinging physics like the Antigravity Hook but without the... Anti Gravity. It could be made from a Hook and a Rope coil.
-Hardmode grappling hook that only has one hook but it has great range and speed?
-Hook that releases light?
-An item placed in the Grappling Hook slot that launches the player in the direction of the mouse instead that can be used to gain some extra height or dodge without blocks to grapple but cannot be used to attach yourself to walls?

Thank you for reading

I have an idea for 2 Grapple Hooks
1. Eater's Hook. This Hook, Either Obtained from shadow orbs Or the Eater of Worlds, Would Have Longer Reach than a gem hook, And would move faster than any other pre-hardmode hook and would have a design like the projectile that the scourge of the corrupter fires.
2. Flesh Hook. This Hook, While Slower and having less reach than the Eater's Hook could be implanted into an unlucky enemy and could deal 25 base damage. After it is implanted, Using the a and d keys you could either go to the enemy or bring the enemy to you. This Hook Would be obtained the same way as the Eater's Hook. They would both have a sell value of 50 Silver to 2 Gold 50 Silver (i'm unsure about what the sell value could be).

I have an idea for 2 Grapple Hooks
1. Eater's Hook. This Hook, Either Obtained from shadow orbs Or the Eater of Worlds, Would Have Longer Reach than a gem hook, And would move faster than any other pre-hardmode hook and would have a design like the projectile that the scourge of the corrupter fires.
2. Flesh Hook. This Hook, While Slower and having less reach than the Eater's Hook could be implanted into an unlucky enemy and could deal 25 base damage. After it is implanted, Using the a and d keys you could either go to the enemy or bring the enemy to you. This Hook Would be obtained the same way as the Eater's Hook. They would both have a sell value of 50 Silver to 2 Gold 50 Silver (i'm unsure about what the sell value could be).
There are already Crimson and Corruption themed hooks, but not to this caliber. Interesting idea with the Flesh Hook.

As the guy who made a suggestion for a hook that operates in its own weird and unique fashion (you can find it in my signature; in fact, your last 'suggestion' basically sums my idea up), I naturally support the idea of adding more that function uniquely.

However, to be blunt, your suggestion... doesn't actually have any substance to it. You're putting forward a concept, and that's it; no actual ideas for proper, new hooks, only very basic concepts with little in the way of elaboration. PuppyNinja has the right idea, though.

By the way, the Dual Hook, Festive Hook, Anti-Gravity Hook, and Lunar Hook all glow. Not a new or unique thing at all- it's been around since 1.1.

EDIT: Forgot the Illuminant Hook.

Only the first suggestion would be unique to be honest, the bat hook fits the second description, and a lot of hooks produce light already. The last suggestion sounds like a job for accessories, such as a more versatile version of the frog leg or master ninja gear? Hopefully if there were to be a "gravity affected" version of the anti-gravity hook added it could come with an Indiana Jones reference?

Back
Top Bottom