Weapons & Equip Unique Yoyo Effects

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit

Yo-yos aren't nearly as unique as they should be, and I feel that they could be improved with a few unique special effects.

Pre-Hardmode Yoyos

Malaise.png

Malaise
Spits out a gravity-affected vile spit projectile every few seconds that deals 12 damage.

Artery.png

Artery
Enemies have a 1/5 chance to drop a small soul-like projectile that will heal the player for 20 health on contact.

Amazon.png

Amazon
Enemies have a 1/2 chance to emit a cloud of poison on death.
(also deals significantly less damage)

Code_1.png

Code 1
Leaves a blue trail that damages enemies.

Valor.png

Valor
After every kill, the damage increases by 10% and the yoyo will start glowing. This will stack for up to 3 times, and will reset after 10 seconds without killing an enemy.

Cascade.png

Cascade
Every 5 seconds it will emit a small burst of flames in all directions.

Hardmode Yoyos

Format_C.png

Format C
Leaves a red trail that damages enemies.

Gradient.png

Gradient
Will fire yellow and red lasers at nearby enemies.

Chik.png

Chik
Will fire shards of crystal at nearby enemies.

Hel-Fire.png

Hep-Fire
Every 3 seconds it will emit a large burst of flames in all directions.

Amarok.png

Amaro
Every 4 seconds it will emit a large blast of frostburn in all directions.

Code_2.png

Code 2
Leaves a trail that damages enemies.

Yelets.png

Relets
Fires bones at enemies that are in it's line of sight.

Kraken.png

Kraken
Leaves a water trail that damages enemies.

The_Eye_of_Cthulhu.png

The Eye of Cthulhu
Fires red lasers at enemies.

Epilogue

ok to be honest i wanted each yo-yo to be more unique but its literally 4:00 in the morning and i ran out of original ideas pretty fast so if anyone has any suggestions ill add them

please lord save me i haven't slept in nearly 24 hours

Last edited:
Finally!!!!! You sir were actually original and gave the yo-yo cool features/effects like the terrarian and not some sucky status effect. You should be praised as a god as I want
Yo-yo's that actually feel unique and not some stronger yo-yo with more damage. Thanks alot and I shall pray to you if this is added to Otherworld or the base game.

Finally!!!!! You sir were actually original and gave the yo-yo cool features/effects like the terrarian and not some sucky status effect. You should be praised as a god as I want
Yo-yo's that actually feel unique and not some stronger yo-yo with more damage. Thanks alot and I shall pray to you if this is added to Otherworld or the base game.
dude theres literally like 3 variations of effects almost none of them are actually original . <.

This isn't good idea, yoyos are already WAY more powerful than most of other meele weapons and this would just make them stupidly overpowered. You can use yoyos to kill enemies behind wall and when you combine this weapon with yoyo bag it's even better.

The only suggestion I can make is that the Kraken should totally sprout tentacles, up to 7 maybe, the more you hit stuff with it. Tentacles should flail at enemies obviously.

I rarely post here (i think like... never) but I NEEDED to say that this is a great idea! I really like all the effects you listed and support this 100%!

Back
Top Bottom