tModLoader Universal Crafter

icon.png

Universal Crafter (v2.0.0.1)​

This mod adds in one tile: The Universal Crafter. Obtainable a little after starting the game, the Crafter will upgrade itself to function as every crafting station in Terraria as you progress. It also works as an Extractinator!

NewUniversalPlaced.png
NewUniversal.png

Totally made by me. Totally.
Nah, these amazing sprites were made by @Brendan Scobal! Thanks a million, man!

Universal Crafter:
40 Granite Blocks
10 Meteorite Bars
10 Fallen Stars

If you would like any modded crafting stations to be added, contact me here on TCF!

Direct Link (v2.0.0)
GitHub (v2.0.0)

If you're a mod dev and want to add your tile to the Universal Crafter, add this into PostSetupContent():
C#:
Mod ucMod = ModLoader.GetMod("UniversalCraft");
if (ucMod != null)
{
    ucMod.Call(0, tileType, [condition]);
}
Replace "tileType" with the type of the tile you'd like to add.
If you'd like your tile to only unlock under a condition, replace "[condition]" with a Func<bool>.
For example, adding your tile (internally named "TestTile") and making it only active during the day would be done as follows:
C#:
Mod ucMod = ModLoader.GetMod("UniversalCraft");
if (ucMod != null)
{
    ucMod.Call(0, ModContent.TileType<TestTile>(), new Func<bool>(() => Main.dayTime));
}

Dierney on GitHub: Chinese translations of the Universal Crafter's name and tooltip.

v1.0.0.0: Released the mod.
v1.1.0.0: Replaced my crappy sprites with the amazing ones done by Brendan.
v1.1.0.1: Fixed issue with the tile sprite (I had forgotten to partition it...).
v1.1.0.2: Fixed the Crafter not having Tables2 and Sinks.
v1.2.0.0: Finally added Lava and Honey!
v1.2.0.1: Updated to tModLoader v0.10.1.2, made open source.
v1.3: Added modded crafting stations.
v1.3.1: Added support for Post-ML crafting stations, added stations from Crystillium, Spirit Mod, and the Enigma Mod.
v1.3.2: Added Elemental Unleash and Elements Awoken stations.
v1.4: Added a lot of crafting stations, reworked the mod.
v1.4.1: Right-clicking the tile no longer spams the tilelist into your chat 50 times.
v1.4.2: Fixed the Wing of the World being unlocked Post-Skeletron as opposed to Post-EoW/BoC. Added new system for right-click list.
v1.5.0: Redid the right-click list: Now cycles through tiles every click (Vanilla, Vanilla Decor, Big Mods, Medium Mods, Small Mods). Added glowmask to tile. Changed recipe. Added/Removed several tiles from the adjTiles list.
v1.5.1: Added the Keg (How did I forget this?), added recipes for crafting Water, Lava, and Honey Buckets (1 Empty Bucket while near their respective fluids).
v1.5.2: Added a Full Tile List to the right-click cycle, added Extractinator function (meaning you can extract Silt and similar by clicking the tile).
v1.5.2.1: Patch because l a g
v1.5.3: Added crafting stations from Box of Gadgets and Serraria Mod 2. Added support for adding more right-click features other than the tile list; Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
v1.5.3.1: Added partial Chinese translation.
v1.6: Several more mods now supported. Redid the right-click lists (again). Now, all active tiles are ordered by vanilla, then by mod names (split into A-E, F-L, M-S, and T-Z). All modded tiles now have their mod's name displayed next to their own. Cleaned up code and fixed some issues.
v1.6.1: Removed the Alchemy Table functionality from post-Skeletron because it lagged the game like crazy. You can still craft things, it just doesn't have the 33% chance to not consume ingredients anymore.
v1.6.2: Fixed typo in last changelog. Added several new stations.
v1.6.3: Added two more stations.
v1.6.4: Fixed an issue dealing with Calamity, updated to tModLoader v0.11.1. Re-added support for the Alchemy Table's function and potentially fixed a multiplayer issue.
v1.6.5: Updated to tModLoader v0.11.3.
v1.6.5.1: Added Compactor from SkyblockMod. Updated to tModLoader v0.11.5.
v2.0.0: Reworked the mod:
- Updated to tModLoader v0.11.8.5.
- The Universal Crafter now functions as a chest, acting as all tiles placed inside.
- Modded tiles are no longer intrinsically supported - they must be either placed inside the Crafter or added via Mod.Call() to work.
- (Hopefully) Fixed the bug where the station would freeze nearby players in multiplayer.
- Added a smart cursor outline to the tile.
- Change the item's recipe to make more sense.
- Removed the liquid bucket recipes.
v2.0.0.1: Reupload because of Github funnies.

Last edited:
Nice... however there are several mods like this or with this idea... to stand out... May I suggest a tier system. Something I personally have always wanted.

Idea works like a chest add crafting station the "chest" adds it to the block

tier 1 - can hold 3 stations
tier 2 - can hold 6 stations
tier 3 - can hold 9 stations
tier 4 - can hold 12 stations
tier 5 - can hold 20 stations

*requirement tho should be that you have to stand directly on-top of sprite to get people to tier up...

Nice... however there are several mods like this or with this idea... to stand out... May I suggest a tier system. Something I personally have always wanted.

Idea works like a chest add crafting station the "chest" adds it to the block

tier 1 - can hold 3 stations
tier 2 - can hold 6 stations
tier 3 - can hold 9 stations
tier 4 - can hold 12 stations
tier 5 - can hold 20 stations

*requirement tho should be that you have to stand directly on-top of sprite to get people to tier up...
Thing is...I can't do that. I have nowhere near enough knowledge of tModLoader or C# to even get close. Sorry.

does this include furniture crafting centers (ice machine, living loom, solidifier, sky mill, etc.) or just regular ones?

Can you give a list of the crafting stations it includes just for the sake of thoroughness? Thanks in advance!

Hello, person that's reading this.

Just recently, I've figured out how to add additional pylons crafting stations to this if a given mod is installed. So, if anyone would like to have a specific mod's crafting station(s) added to the Universal Crafter, just ask!
Please note that I need tile names for this; If you don't have them, I can't add them to the Crafter.
Also, please refrain from asking for a mod's stations to be added without permission from the developer of the mod first; I don't want to add, say, Calamity's Draedeon Forge if MountainDrew doesn't want me to.

So I was looking around for how to use a config for a sprite when I found the tModLoader 'Popular Mods' page. So I looked for my mods, and...
WOW.png

Wow.
Thanks to all of you for 3000+ downloads!

Does it include demon/crimson altars? If not, what about not having them in the recipe but as crafting station?

Back
Top Bottom