Items Universal statue

felis

Terrarian
So, we have many statues that can spawn monsters/critters, but there are still many creatures with no statues of their type, it is not realistic to suggesting every of them, so my idea is to introducing a universal statue.

It could be purchased from the Zoologist once you have 100% bestiary for 10 gold.

Firstly, it functions like a normal chest that can be open for storage, then if exactly 1 banner is inside and toggled by wire, it will spawn a creature of that type like a normal statue (for creatures with more than one type, a random one will spawn). Also, like normal states, the dropping rate is greatly decreased.

Then, if exactly one critter is inside, a critter of that type will spawn (like normal critter statues, they will disappear if trying to catch by bug net), also killing Prismatic Lacewing spawned this way won't that Boss to spawn; and killing explosive bunny will not cause any damage.

Finally, if the only item is a Boss Trophy or Relic, the Boss of that type will spawn. The bosses spawned this way will not drop anything, and they will always act as if they are in there original environment (they won't get enraged or escape).

I think the bosses that are summoned from these statues should have less health and deal less damage, otherwise this would be great for trolling.

currently looking into map making in journey mode and very much love the idea, I was just browsing to see if anyone suggested anything related to statues as I was gonna suggest just more enemy statues.

honestly, for adventure map making I would even like it better if the statue mobs and bosses don't drop anything, to better control progression.

Hmm I like the idea though why limit it to one banner/trophy? For player made adventure maps it might be neat to set up their own waves probably set to a specific limit. If the statue triggers an activation pulse if and only if all its summoned enemies are killed it could enable room clears in adventure maps as well as second waves etc by setting multiple in combination. If drops are disabled I really don't see a downside to removing the one enemy per activation limit. Regardless it is a good idea for adventure maps but largely useless elsewhere and I think that is fine.

Is there even a way to set up a conditional like that?
Good question I imagine it would depend largely on how related mechanics were coded and could range from tricky to impossible. The other parts at the very least is more feasible as wave mechanics do exist but I don't know and at this point really can only see this happening in a mod as nice as it would be.:sigh:

Is there even a way to set up a conditional like that?
Not currently, but if you set up an arena where you have to protect a certain point and make the monsters take a specific non-random amount of time to reach the point, you can definitely simulate it. There’s actually an old 1.3.5 adventure map which did just that (Harbinger)

It could be purchased from the Zoologist once you have 100% bestiary for 10 gold.

after watching a video on how brutal getting 100% is, maybe something like 80% would be better ;)

Hmm I like the idea though why limit it to one banner/trophy? For player made adventure maps it might be neat to set up their own waves probably set to a specific limit. If the statue triggers an activation pulse if and only if all its summoned enemies are killed it could enable room clears in adventure maps as well as second waves etc by setting multiple in combination. If drops are disabled I really don't see a downside to removing the one enemy per activation limit. Regardless it is a good idea for adventure maps but largely useless elsewhere and I think that is fine.

love the idea of getting a pulse when everything is dead but I have no clue how realistic that would be to make. since enemies despawn when you get too far away that could be used to cheese stuff like that. the way I think about room clears right now is I open the room after a spawntimer, for example 60 seconds of statues spawning mobs. if the player doesn't deal with all or most of the mobs he/she's dead anyway.
BUT getting a pulse on when a boss from a statue dies would be superhandy since then I can make arenas that only open once the boss died.

also I wouldn't mind having requirements for spawning bosses since I more or less have to build 'arenas' in normal mode for some bosses anyway and for me at least it would add to the flavor of the adventure map if I can make some supercool arenas for the players :)

Back
Top Bottom