you at 100 things yet
I really hope someone sees this cuz Ive been trying to look this question up ALL over the internet and nothings came up...I went to make sure terraria on my Xbox series x was updated to the latest version, but the version it says that it is is version 126.96.36.199. Isn't that a super old version?!?! Its sooo confusing I just want to make sure it updates when the journeys end updates in a few days!! HELPPP!!
Greetings, Terrarians... and happy Terraria 1.4.2/Steam Workshop Support launch day!
That's right - at long last, we are able to provide an easy-to-use system and location for Terrarians everywhere to showcase their creative energies in all new ways. Starting today, everyone will be able to create, upload, share, download, and play a variety of types of game modifications within the vanilla Terraria game. Let's break down the new toys at your disposal!
NEW WAYS TO MODIFY THE CORE TERRARIA EXPERIENCE
View attachment 312572
Have a really cool map that you want to share? The best Terraria golf course ever? Maybe an epic adventure map that would blow peoples' minds? This is your chance to share it with the world!
Change how Terraria looks, sounds, and reads with custom Packs that can alter various aspects of the game. Resource Packs and alter one, two, or all three of the content types below:
View attachment 313978
What if the Zenith were a giant banana? That doesn't sound too apeeling to us, but maybe its your thing - this is your chance to change up one, two, or maybe even all of the sprites in Terraria!
Want to change things up with the in-game soundtrack? Import your custom tunes via this very cool-sounding feature.
View attachment 313757
Feel like you could make a better translation - or a new one? Want to write your own custom dialogue for the NPCs? This is your lucky day!
Of course, if you want to take your modifications even further, impacting the core gameplay itself, you can take Terraria modding to the next level with the already-available tModLoader:
NOTE: TMODLOADER IS STILL RUNNING ON THE 1.3.5 VERSION OF TERRARIA. THE TML TEAM IS HARD AT WORK GETTING TMODLOADER UP TO THE 1.4 ERA. STAY TUNED FOR MORE ON THAT IN THE FUTURE!
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CONTENT CREATION AND USE FOR THE TERRARIA WORKSHOP
In order to help everyone learn how all of this works - both content users and content creators alike - our very own @Leinfors hand-crafted the guide linked above. This is very comprehensive, covering every topic you could think of around how to get around and use these new features - both for Steam workshop and for our non-Steam players. We highly recommend that you check this out before getting started. This will always be linked at the top of our Steam Workshop Home Page as well via the "Learn More" Button.
These features are available to all PC Terrarians - whether you are on Steam or not - however, alongside these new toys comes Steam Workshop support for Terraria, giving players a place to showcase any amazing maps or Resource Packs that they have created for Terrarians everywhere to download and enjoy! Let's learn more, shall we?
Features available on your Workshop page for each content item that you have uploaded include, but are not limited to:
STEAM WORKSHOP SUPPORT
View attachment 312580
That's right folks, we are embracing the wonders of Steam Workshop with this update in order to make Worlds and Resource Packs as accessible as possible to everyone. From within Terraria, you will be able to upload your creations to Workshop in order to share with other Terrarians everywhere!
Once a World or Resource Pack is uploaded to Terraria's Workshop, it will be there for other players to discover, subscribe to, and enjoy! Beyond that, using Workshop allows you to create and foster your own little community where you can discuss your creations and how they might be improved over time.
- A description page, which can be updated with a full description of your choosing
- A dedicated discussion forum for your content
- A comments page
- A changelog page for updates you've made
- A variety of metrics and rating system information for Workshop files
- An option to change the name of the content (it uses the file name of the uploaded item by default)
- Options to attach additional screenshots or even videos to demonstrate your content in action
- A visibility toggle (the same as the visibility option you set when publishing)
Check out the new Terraria Steam Workshop by clicking the banner above - or by clicking the link below!
TERRARIA STEAM WORKSHOP
In addition, you can now easily find the Workshop any time you want by heading to the Terraria page in your Steam Library, clicking on Community Hub, and then clicking on "Workshop" in the top menu within the Hub.
View attachment 312674
View attachment 312675
The Re-Logic team is celebrating this release by putting out a couple of Texture Packs created by our own artists, @Jimmarn and @Lazure. You can find these located in the "Developer's Choice" section of the workshop, which is a special curated part of the Workshop where the Re-Logic team will be hand-picking Worlds and Resource Packs that we feel are the best of the best over time and tagging them with the Developer's Choice flag, placing them in this special section.
View attachment 312672
This is definitely an honor that we hope that everyone will strive for - and we cannot wait to see what you all will create!
View attachment 313995 View attachment 313992
STEAM WORKSHOP - GETTING AROUND
Let's take a few moments to show you around the new Workshop - and then we will close with a very comprehensive Guide to all things Terraria Workshop written by our very own @Leinfors!
This is what it sounds like - the landing page for the Terraria Steam Workshop. You will find a few sections of interest here:
- Top Bar navigation allows you to quickly move between Home Page - Items - Collections - Favorites/Subscribed Items - Discussions about Workshop
- Below that, you will see two featured sections - one based on the most popular (most downloaded/rated) items and then another that is tied to the Developer's Choice section we mentioned above.
- Right Sidebar (top) allows you to see your Workshop Files (content you have personally uploaded) as well as the most popular/top rated/most recent content
- Right Sidebar (bottom) allows you to Browse all of the Terraria Workshop content via key terms/tags to help narrow your search. Note that on the home page, you can only select one tag, but on the Browse and other pages, you can select as many as you want to narrow down your search!
- At the very bottom, you will see three tabbed lists for Most Popular, Most Subscribed, and Most Recent.
The Browse Page allows for you to do what it says... browse the available content items in the Terraria Workshop. Each listing is displayed in a grid complete with the name of the content, the author, and an average user rating (1-5 Stars). You can also check out your favorites list... your friends' favorites/content... and even follow your favorite content creators.
As mentioned on the homepage, you will see the list of tags on the right side so that you can narrow down your search. We will be listening to community suggestions to improve this starter list over time as well.
WORKSHOP CONTENT PAGE
Once again, this is precisely what it sounds like - the place where you can find out all there is to know about a specific piece of content prior to downloading.
- Image pane shows the feature image the creator chose as well as any other screenshots, etc.
- Upper right shows the file size as well as creation date and any updates. You can also view any changelogs the author has shared here.
- Below the image pane, you can give the content a thumbs up/down, favorite/share, award it (Steam Points), add to a collection, or report it (the little Flag icon)
- Please familiarize yourself with the rules of what is and is not acceptable on Steam workshop
- Vulgar, offensive, etc. content will be removed. As will any reported content that violates any legal issues/copyrights/etc.
- Finally, we have the big green SUBSCRIBE button. Clicking this will allow you to download the content as well as sign you up for any future updates to this content.
Down below, you can leave comments on the content and interact with the author/creator.
Lots to go over there, to be sure - but those are the basics. There is really so much to know and learn here about how to create and use Workshop content on Terraria, we highly recommend that you check out @Leinfors ' Guide linked below.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CONTENT CREATION AND USE FOR THE TERRARIA WORKSHOPOther than the new customization features and Workshop support, we did have the time to squash a few more bugs within the core Terraria experience. That comprehensive list is shared below. Hopefully your "favorite" bug is there and will no longer haunt you. As always, if you run into any issues, please report them via the link below!
OTHER CHANGES IN THIS UPDATE
Terraria 1.4.2 Changelog
- Added Steam Workshop Integration to Terraria, allowing the downloading and sharing of World Files and Resource Packs
- Expanded Resource Pack Functionality to include Language Replacement and Music Replacement
- Added a button to the Research and Bestiary Menus that lets you delete all current search text
- Enemy Banners now also give increased player protection against enemy projectiles (previously they only applied to contact damage)
- Added an option to change the name of characters and worlds
- Fixed a recurring issue with Rolling Cacti spawning on Demon Altars and causing crashes
- Fixed an issue where seeds would not always generate identical worlds, depending on how many worlds had been generated in that play session
- Fixed an issue where some falling tiles would fall through platforms instead of landing on them
- Fixed an issue where Paper Airplanes did not drop in the quantities that the Bestiary said they should be dropping at
- Fixed an issue where falling coins were no longer able to land on top of other coins
- Fixed an issue where Trap Doors would not properly sync in multiplayer, allowing enemies to move through them
- Fixed an issue where sitting players wearing the Gi outfit would be in a "jumping" pose
- Fixed an issue where spreading Moss would not always use the proper frame when on servers
- Fixed an issue where Smooth Marble Blocks would merge with Echo Blocks
- Fixed an issue where Ale Tosser did not properly receive Frostburn effects from Frost Armor
- Fixed an issue where Smoke Blocks did not stay hammered between gameplay sessions
- Fixed an issue where some Ocean enemies could spawn even behind safe walls
- Twinkle Popper's Twinkles no longer pick up money, as they would delete it forever during their explosion attack
- Fixed an issue where Fossil Pickaxe, Tree Globe, and World Globe would fall through blocks forever when dropped
- Fixed an issue where the Wall of Flesh can drop below the world's boundary
- Fixed an issue where Sergeant United Shield was accidentally showing accessory dyes under some specific circumstances, even though it is a weapon
- Fixed an issue where Resonance Scepter and Life Drain could only knockback enemies to the right
- Fixed an issue where High Velocity Bullets could sometimes hit particularly large targets twice (does not apply to multi-segment enemies, this should still allow multiple hits)
- Fixed an issue where Pupfish were sometimes spawning in the Ocean
- Fixed an issue where Wand of Sparking's projectile was using Melee damage modifiers, not Magic
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could freeze if it was literally impossible to spawn a meteorite
- Fixed an issue where Wasp Gun had a tooltip that just said "Wasp Gun"
- Fixed an issue where players who died, or Hardcore player ghosts, would interfere with Player Logic Sensors
- Fixed an issue where Star Cannon's projectile could not land critical hits, and wouldn't always receive proper stat bonuses from player equipment
- Fixed an issue where Star Cannon's projectile could not be fired through platforms
- Fixed a certain duplication exploit
- Fixed an issue where Spikes would not hurt the player from some angles at certain elevations
- Fixed an issue where World Globe would skip some forest backgrounds
- Fixed an issue where Amphibian Boots stacked with other Frog Leg variants, even though Frog Leg variants do not otherwise stack
Terraria 188.8.131.52 Changelog
- Fixed an issue where MP3s used for replacing Music tracks would not loop
- Fixed an issue where replaced Music tracks would be significantly louder than normal tracks
- Fixed an issue where replacing Music tracks did not work on Mac (and possibly Linux as well, unconfirmed)
- Fixed a text issue in the Workshop Publishing menu that showed debug text for the "Other" tag
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Title Bar messages from being changed by Resource Packs.
- Changed Striking Moment's Buff text to reflect that it actually adds 400% damage (500% total) rather than adding 500%
- Fixed a loading issue with XNB assets in Resource Packs that prevented them from working properly
- Fixed an issue where Bubble Blocks could not be used as the walls for player-spawn houses
- Fixed a typo in Dune world generation in regards to their position with Snow biomes
- Fixed some minor grammatical and capitalization issues
- Changed the Worldgen Menu to properly indicate that you CAN rename your worlds (as this changed in 1.4.2)
- Fixed an issue where Luminite Ore and Bricks made "Dirt" thud sounds when mined, instead of ore/metal sounds
- Fixed an issue where Doors, Trap Doors, and Tall Gates could render a house invalid if they were open
Terraria 184.108.40.206 Changelog
- Projectile NPCs (enemy projectiles that can be hit and destroyed by the player) are now subject to the effects of that enemy's banner
- Chattering Teeth Bomb and Shadowflame Apparition are now also subject to their creator's banners (Clown and Goblin Summoner respectively)
- All Town NPC first names can now be adjusted using Resource Packs
- Added /ale to the Emote menu list
- Fixed a crash caused by having no valid/detected audio devices when launching Terraria
- Fixed an issue where certain tracks, most notably the Terraria intro track, would not loop correctly with some music Resource Packs
- Fixed an issue where renaming or importing worlds would change the time of day in that world to the time of the main menu at the moment they were renamed
- Fixed an issue where the Steelseries RGB setting was using the Logitech setting in the config.json, not the Steelseries setting (in other words, you can now properly deactivate Steelseries RGB if you wish to do so)
- Fixed an issue where certain MP3 files would play at dramatically lower speeds
- Fixed an issue where the Linux GOG dedicated server was not launching correctly under some conditions
- Fixed an issue where non-Journey players could sometimes be set to permanently have Journey powers activated
- Fixed an MP syncing issue relating to enemy Heal effects
- Fixed a error that led to Dart Gun and Dart Rifle's 1.4.1 balance change not being applied
- Fixed a missing apostrophe in a painting name
- Fixed an issue where the completion meter in the Bestiary would show a comma after 100% when using any language other than English
- Fixed an issue where Lazure's Barrier Platform would be worn on your head when in reverse gravity. The world is not ready for this level of futuristic fashion.
- Fixed an inconsistency where language and music Resource Packs would be prioritized in reverse order compared to texture changes. Packs at the top should be prioritized, but language changes were prioritizing packs at the bottom.
- Fixed projectile knockback being inconsistent in multiplayer
The numbering for the updates on consoles are different than on computer, but that still does seem a bit low. Do you know whether there's any content from 1.3.5, or the very least 1.3?I really hope someone sees this cuz Ive been trying to look this question up ALL over the internet and nothings came up...I went to make sure terraria on my Xbox series x was updated to the latest version, but the version it says that it is is version 220.127.116.11. Isn't that a super old version?!?! Its sooo confusing I just want to make sure it updates when the journeys end updates in a few days!! HELPPP!!
Looking at the change log for 1.3, two easy ways to check if you are in 1.3 is if NPCs are attacking nearby enemies, and if chests have an animation when opening. If they aren't, then that does mean you are on a significantly older version. I'm unsure how the newer xboxes work, so I don't know how you would check for updates.Any content? Like new items and stuff? Yeah that's why I ended up just playing it so I can look for something new, but so far im not seeing anything I looked at the version history for Xbox though, and 18.104.22.168 wasn't on there anywhere! Ughh I'm sooo confused
I think it updated! It says a different version than it was saying yesterday's. And yes my guide was definitely shooting at enemy's near me!! Waaahoo!!Looking at the change log for 1.3, two easy ways to check if you are in 1.3 is if NPCs are attacking nearby enemies, and if chests have an animation when opening. If they aren't, then that does mean you are on a significantly older version. I'm unsure how the newer xboxes work, so I don't know how you would check for updates.
Okay, that's good. I've been noticing that people have been having issues with syncing files or something like that, are you having that issue? I haven't had the chance to check yet, so I can't say whether it is happening to me.I think it updated! It says a different version than it was saying yesterday's. And yes my guide was definitely shooting at enemy's near me!! Waaahoo!!
I think it updated! It says a different version than it was saying yesterday's. And yes my guide was definitely shooting at enemy's near me!! Waaahoo!!
@sangelo I'm glad that your console updated like it should have. But this discussion has been a bit off topic for a while now. To talk about console or the sync issue that Xbox is having, please see the Console Bug ReportsOkay, that's good. I've been noticing that people have been having issues with syncing files or something like that, are you having that issue? I haven't had the chance to check yet, so I can't say whether it is happening to me.