tModLoader Unlimited Buff Slots

Dradonhunter11

Official Terrarian

icon.png

Credit to skeletony for the icon
Unlimited Buff Slots - A mod brought to you by Rartrin and Dradonhunter11
Download link - Direct link from mod browser

Unlimited Buff Slots (or UBS) is a small mod that aims to remove the 22 buff limit and to rewrite a part of the buff system while keeping all existing buffs working (vanilla and modded).

b8VeOfa.png

VbRk100.png

Other mod to check out by the same creators:
Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

Last edited:
Oh heck! I was just looking for something like this a few months ago and was told the buff limit was aggravatingly hardcoded in several places which is why nobody touched it! Nice to see someone took the time to fiddle up a solution though!

A few questions though!
1. Are you planning any config options to limit the number of visible buffs? I would reccommend something like a 2-row limit, and then have the last buff on the second row display a + symbol, which when hovered over shows a list of non-displayed buffs. If that's possible, of course.
2. Does this work with Better Buffs, since it alters how Buffs display? (I could test this myself admittedly... And probably will before I remember to check this thread again.)
3. Unrelated to the mod directly but what's with the many thousands of unloaded items on the hotbar in those pics? O^O

Oh heck! I was just looking for something like this a few months ago and was told the buff limit was aggravatingly hardcoded in several places which is why nobody touched it! Nice to see someone took the time to fiddle up a solution though!

A few questions though!
1. Are you planning any config options to limit the number of visible buffs? I would reccommend something like a 2-row limit, and then have the last buff on the second row display a + symbol, which when hovered over shows a list of non-displayed buffs. If that's possible, of course.
2. Does this work with Better Buffs, since it alters how Buffs display? (I could test this myself admittedly... And probably will before I remember to check this thread again.)
3. Unrelated to the mod directly but what's with the many thousands of unloaded items on the hotbar in those pics? O^O
1. I plan to either limit the amount of visible stuff (inlikely) or move anything after 2 row to a new UI that the user can bring up (really likely, I love doing UI :D)
2. Purely depend on how hamstar made his mod, I wouldn't guarantee it. I had to remake the entirety of the buff system so it doesn't use the hardcoded list.
3. Test character, I'm also working on a content mod that will bring terraria to it's full potential ;)

I encountered a decent issue while testing the integration of the mod into a challenge I was working on and noticed that a debuff I had, wasn't going away, none of them were. after a bit of testing it is likely a compatibility error with luiafk's unlimited potions or the infinite potion sickness given from universe of swords's halo of horrors. I was looking for this mod a few weeks ago after completely running out of buff slots due to having too many modded unlimited potions and debuffs. I am very glad that a mod exists for this now, but I just thought I should bring this to your attention in case it hasn't been already, that is all. I have no way to get a screenshot to show this though, for that I am sorry.

So I don't know if this a bug or not. /shrug but some potions like Inferno and Lifeforce (just the ones that I've noticed) don't seem to apply to the character.

https://devcat.wtf/be59c2.png
that might be possible that I forgot to swap some method in there, there is a lot after all ^^

Edit: They do work for me, there might be a mod conflicting?

I encountered a decent issue while testing the integration of the mod into a challenge I was working on and noticed that a debuff I had, wasn't going away, none of them were. after a bit of testing it is likely a compatibility error with luiafk's unlimited potions or the infinite potion sickness given from universe of swords's halo of horrors. I was looking for this mod a few weeks ago after completely running out of buff slots due to having too many modded unlimited potions and debuffs. I am very glad that a mod exists for this now, but I just thought I should bring this to your attention in case it hasn't been already, that is all. I have no way to get a screenshot to show this though, for that I am sorry.

I have luiafk and debuff still go away :/ Might be universe of swords

Last edited:
that might be possible that I forgot to swap some method in there, there is a lot after all ^^

Edit: They do work for me, there might be a mod conflicting?

I'm not sure a friend and I have literally just started with modding 1 - 3 days ago and wanted a bigger buff limit (or just none in general)
Code:
[
  "CalamityMod",
  "ClamExtraMusic",
  "DualWielding",
  "ThoriumMod",
  "AerovelenceMod",
  "RecipeBrowser",
  "BossChecklist",
  "WingSlot",
  "VeinMiner",
  "MagicStorage",
  "BossCursor",
  "MaxStackExtra",
  "WMITF",
  "UniverseOfBows",
  "Mystic_Lands",
  "ShorterRespawn",
  "Split",
  "AutoTrash",
  "NoMoreTombs",
  "ElementsAwoken",
  "LootBags",
  "Census",
  "ExtensibleInventory",
  "HamstarHelpers",
  "PortableStorage",
  "BaseLibrary",
  "ContainerLibrary",
  "FluidLibrary",
  "FKBossHealthBar",
  "EAMusic",
  "CalamityModMusic",
  "YABSSM",
  "Loot",
  "WorldGenPreviewer",
  "EasierBossLoot",
  "SummonersAssociation",
  "ShopExpander",
  "BrighterTorches",
  "XItemStats",
  "FastStart",
  "DiscordRP",
  "UniverseOfSwordsMod",
  "UniverseOfWorms",
  "TeamAutoJoin",
  "AccessorySlotsPlus",
  "MoreBuffSlots"
]
These are the mods I have (from enabled.json)

Edit: Also don't know how I would check to see what mods would conflict it.

Last edited:
The mod is extremely buggy for me.
-Arena buffs like the heart lantern have a time limit, even when I'm outside of it's proximity.
-Sometimes I can't get rid of certain potion buffs.
-For some reason with defense buffs like Ironskin, my defense jumps by like, 50 points when getting buffed by the Heart Lantern or any other arena buff, and goes back down if I get out of the arena buff's proximity.
-Lots of other defense buffs seem to give a lot more defense than intended, like the Yharims Stimulants and Titan Scale from Calamity.
-Damage buffs don't seem to do anything.
The only mod I have that I think could be conflicting is the Infinity - Endless Items mod. It adds bottomless potions which last 60 minutes and don't get consumed.

Has anyone else come across these bugs?

quite possibly is universe of swords, the potion effect that universe of swords makes unlimited is potion sickness, which is likely causing issues, for it is an unlimited debuff. still doesn't explain why all debuffs get stuck on exactly 5 minuites duration. if you want to test the thing, the item in question that may break it is called the Halo of Horrors, my only concern is the issue making the masomode arenas infinite.

-Arena buffs like the heart lantern have a time limit, even when I'm outside of it's proximity.
-For some reason with defense buffs like Ironskin, my defense jumps by like, 50 points when getting buffed by the Heart Lantern or any other arena buff, and goes back down if I get out of the arena buff's proximity.
-Lots of other defense buffs seem to give a lot more defense than intended, like the Yharims Stimulants and Titan Scale from Calamity.
The only mod I have that I think could be conflicting is the Infinity - Endless Items mod. It adds bottomless potions which last 60 minutes and don't get consumed.

that might be possible, I personally use luiafk when it come to endless stuff

I also get a couple of these bugs. The peace candle and the Tranquility candle from Calamity seem to have a time limit to them, and I can't disable them using right-click. It also occurs with other arena buffs, like heart lanterns and campfires.

I love your concept, before this some modders said the 22 limit was hard-coded so it was impossible to change this through a mod, and now we have it. :happy:
I have tried it with Calamity mod and the Luiafk unlimited buff function, and it works well with unlimited Calamity potion effects like Cadance, Draconic Elixir, etc. But there's one thing, it seems to have problems with pets, for my pets, the mod just can't show the sprites of the Moon Lord eye and the Plantera seedling, although the player themselves seems to have the light provided by the light pet. :dryadsmile:

I have a weird bug too, that seems to happen to most other, however, it happens to buffs that are not yet said to be bugged. In my case, banner buffs and "happy" buff malfunctions.

Several buffs and debuffs, which should normally be based on area or just last one minute, last over 5 minutes.

I hate to say that the 'hopefully no mods broken' isn't quite functional. At the very least Expanded Sentries gets borked with this as a side effect.
For those wondering, this has since been changed via an Expanded Sentries update to address this issue so it no longer should happen. I call it more of a change than a fix despite technically being one since my older code was valid, but I couldn't have foreseen a mod like this coming to being and changing how buffs are stacked. Thankfully I had help narrowing down the problem without having to manually disable mods till I had a vague idea of which one caused the issue.

When removing a debuff at the nurse's, the game will crash. I don't know if this is a conflict with another mod, but when I disabled this mod the problem stopped.

Back
Top Bottom