Unlocked frames

Lord Garak

Retinazer
Does anyone know how to fully unlock the framerate? When I turn frameskip off I can only get it up to 125 fps, not 144. And yes I'm aware going above 60 causes some bugs with UI, I don't mind.

There is no software reason for your frame-rate to get capped at 125 fps (unless that is for some weird reason the refresh rate of your monitor). For instance, unlocking my frame-rate on my machine allows me to get 144 fps (being capped only because of my refresh rate).

What are you system specs?

There is no software reason for your frame-rate to get capped at 125 fps (unless that is for some weird reason the refresh rate of your monitor). For instance, unlocking my frame-rate on my machine allows me to get 144 fps (being capped only because of my refresh rate).

What are you system specs?
I have a 2070 Super, there's no way it shouldn't run Terraria at an infinite fps. But it caps out at 125 from turning frameskip off. Is there a further hidden setting?

I have a 2060 mobile and my frames are locked at 60. My screen can go all the way up to 144 but terraria locks at 60. Is there any way of getting the game above 60 ?

I have a 2070 Super, there's no way it shouldn't run Terraria at an infinite fps. But it caps out at 125 from turning frameskip off. Is there a further hidden setting?

It would run in the thousands of fps but vsync will cause it cap at the refresh rate of your monitor, or, at least it should. You can go in to the Nvidia control panel, then switch to the program settings tab, use the drop down menu to switch to Terraria, and then set vsync to off.

I have a 2060 mobile and my frames are locked at 60. My screen can go all the way up to 144 but terraria locks at 60. Is there any way of getting the game above 60 ?

Set frameskip to off and it should uncap to 144, otherwise use the same steps above.

I got it to stick around 142 on the menu and some areas, but it still changes awfully quickly for such a simple game. Even dropping 20+ in some areas.

Terraria uses some really ancient code and is 32 bit, perhaps it cannot access enough RAM as 32 bit programs are limited to 4GB.

I got it to stick around 142 on the menu and some areas, but it still changes awfully quickly for such a simple game. Even dropping 20+ in some areas.

Could you do the following for me?
  • Press Windows+R
  • Type msinfo32
  • Screenshot this window
  • Click the plus button next to components on the left
  • Click display
  • Screenshot this window as well

Could you do the following for me?
  • Press Windows+R
  • Type msinfo32
  • Screenshot this window
  • Click the plus button next to components on the left
  • Click display
  • Screenshot this window as well
https://i.gyazo.com/c28d9641706a87de5643cd14b26b1e88.png
712011cae9e305309e6cda9995690abf.png

That's concerning... Windows is only reporting 1mb of VRAM, surely this is just a reporting error though since you wouldn't have been able to even launch the game with only 1mb of available VRAM.

Could you do the following and screenshot the window:

On a Windows 10 computer, one way to find out is by right-clicking on the desktop area and choosing Display Settings. In the Display Settings box, select Advanced Display Settings and then choose the Display Adapter properties option. On the Adapter tab in the box, you should see the brand of the graphics card and its memory amount listed. You can also get to the same Properties box from the Windows 10 Start menu — select Settings, then System to get to Advanced Display Settings, and then Display Adapter Properties.

The last thing I want to check is if you are using standard or dch drivers. To find out do the following:

To confirm the type of system you have, open the NVIDIA Control Panel -> select “System Information from the bottom left hand corner -> locate Driver Type. The text that follows will show if the driver type is DCH or Standard.
aid_4733.jpg

That's concerning... Windows is only reporting 1mb of VRAM, surely this is just a reporting error though since you wouldn't have been able to even launch the game with only 1mb of available VRAM.

Could you do the following and screenshot the window:

The last thing I want to check is if you are using standard or dch drivers. To find out do the following:
1570765717111.png

1570765762636.png

That's bizarre then, there should be no reason you can't get a framerate in the thousands on your hardware. I'm not sure what the heck is bottle-necking it. It might be possible that it's running on a core that's already performing a bunch of tasks. To see if that's the case you can press ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager, right click Terraria and then uncheck cores 1-3 and see if that improves it. Though I'm honestly not sure it will. You may end up having to deal with 125.

Back
Top Bottom