Game Mechanics Unmaking items

Jetthatoneguy

Skeletron
What if you created armor or any other item you could unmake the armor or the items. You would get like 3/4 or 1/2 of the items back. If you had this it would allow you to unmake armor or items that are no longer need so that you can make better armor or just sell the items. Just an idea.

Last edited:
I would agree with most of these, but turning torches back into certain wood is just something that's just a 'what?' from me. Since there are no tags or variant or whatever to differ them from normal or the other torches from pots and stuff. I say just don't tackle that, and stick with things like armor or gear, though you will only get one type of material, like if you were to break down Solar Flare armor, you will have to choose between Luminite Bars or the fragments, since the crafting interface only allows for players to get one type of material or armor or etc. out of it, since only one slot to take from.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being able to separate armors and accessories back into their full original materials, but I'd leave it at that.

Yeah but it is like when you buy something from a npc and you can sell it back to them for 1/2 price. I know that is not the same as crafting items bc when you are crafting you actually have to find all the materials so you should get all of the materials back.

Yeah but it is like when you buy something from a npc and you can sell it back to them for 1/2 price. I know that is not the same as crafting items bc when you are crafting you actually have to find all the materials so you should get all of the materials back.
It kind of is like that though (also it's 1/5 price, not 1/2). The npc's giving you less money is so that your actions actually have consequences rather than just being able to mindlessly turn ores into bars and be able to take them back. Letting you uncraft things like ore bars and other materials would remove the resource management part of the game.
I'm fine with being able to uncraft things like armor though. It's rather annoying when you wanted to make a pickaxe but misclicked.

I have now made a test mod for this. It's called "Lan's uncraft items" in the tmodloader's mod browser, feel free to try it out

It allows to uncraft everything at a set price...

hey i need help im trying to use a different uncraft recipe for this and its only using the first one how do i get it to use a different uncraft recipe

Back
Top Bottom