Unpopular Opinion thread

Terraria really needs a support class...there isn't any item that you can immediately throw on the arena that will heal other people of your team near you, or anything like that. The closest to a support class is throwing potions on the ground during a battle, which isn't very craft.

There's a reason why the throwing class never got much attention IMO. Early game it's ok because you don't have a lot of ranged weapons for anyone who's not a ranger. Later when you get a lot more magic weapons and a bunch of ranged melee weapons though, it's pretty redundant. Also kind of impractical because throwing weapons are limited, and they'd be competing with ranged melee weapons with unlimited use.

- The beginning of the game up until WoF is the best part
- Starfury is awesome
- The Spear is awesome
- Evil biome spread is the best thing for your world

I've found few peeps who agree with the above.

Fishing should be prioritized
[doublepost=1502146219,1502146067][/doublepost]
I actually don't agree with that.
The fishing quests from the angler are very useful.
yes, obtaining 30 damage very fast swords, boatloads of metal bars, and almost every standard tier accessory, as well as max tier pickaxes, from clicking on water repeatedly seems very "useful". Also unbalanced beyond belief.

Seth... I'll give you the scourge of the corruptor for vampire knives
[doublepost=1511555573,1511555428][/doublepost]Pickaxes are better than drills

I like the scourge a little more than vampire knives.
Same, the Scourge is too underrated when in reality is almost equal to the Vamp Knives.

IMO, Pre-Hardmode before Queen Bee/Skeletron is the most boring thing in the world. That's why I've never started more than one playthrough on the same platform, because I often die of boredom before I can beat Skeletron.

Terraria really needs a support class...there isn't any item that you can immediately throw on the arena that will heal other people of your team near you, or anything like that. The closest to a support class is throwing potions on the ground during a battle, which isn't very craft.

A support class wouldn't really work in a single-player game, though(which is probably why they haven't gone that direction).

Though it could be possible if it was implemented as an expansion to the summoning class. Buffs would apply to your minions as well as fellow players, so they'd still have utility in single player.

As for unpopular opinions, I'd say either expand on the throwing class or fold it back into Melee, and implement sidegrade melee armors/accessories in hardmode that increase throwing velocity.

Another one of my unpopular opinions is that a creative mode should NOT be added to the game. I really like the way that the game progresses and you can only get certain things at certain points, whereas in the creative mode you could just get whatever you wanted instantly. I just like the progressive feel to the game.

Titanium Armor is overrated.

I mean, the immunity is cool and can save your life sometimes, but it doesn't help very much when you're being slaughtered by tons of enemies or projectiles. It's only good when you can avoid not getting hurt way too much.

Back
Top Bottom