Casual Unpopular Opinion Thread

Master Mode is rather underwhelming when it comes to new stuff, i can understand why they didn't add many special non-cosmetic items, but something like making Relics work like banners but for bosses would've been kinda cool.
I feel like this is the opposite of an unpopular opinion.

Regardless Master Mode was a disappointment. Honestly what were the developers thinking not adding any AI changes?
They were thinking adding an “infinity + 1” difficulty and adding loot which is purely flashy would draw in new players, without bothering with how it would actually affect the game long term.

Well? Did it work? I think not
1621556712113.png

Over half of people who own the game on steam haven’t even played it since before 1.4 (if at all), so you’re absolutely right.
If they wanted to draw in new players they should have just not rushed themselves to meet the ninth anniversary and released it later when they actually could have added something like the biome that the ocean tunnel was initially supposed to be, and actually put more into what was supposed to be a step above the game’s harder difficulty.

point is, the community shouldn’t have rushed them

View attachment 322631
Over half of people who own the game on steam haven’t even played it since before 1.4 (if at all), so you’re absolutely right.
If they wanted to draw in new players they should have just not rushed themselves to meet the ninth anniversary and released it later when they actually could have added something like the biome that the ocean tunnel was initially supposed to be, and actually put more into what was supposed to be a step above the game’s harder difficulty.
At the end of the day I’m pleased to where Terraria is today but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed in Journey’s End. Only 42% of players have crafted a work bench in 1.4...yikes.

Not an unpopular opinion but rushing games (or updates) in order to get them released earlier is and always has been a terrible idea. Team Fortress 2 took nine years of development and is considered to be one of the best shooters. Then there’s Cyberpunk 2077.

At the end of the day I’m pleased to where Terraria is today but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed in Journey’s End. Only 42% of players have crafted a work bench in 1.4...yikes.

Not an unpopular opinion but rushing games (or updates) in order to get them released earlier is and always has been a terrible idea. Team Fortress 2 took nine years of development and is considered to be one of the best shooters. Then there’s Cyberpunk 2077.
Cyberpunk wasn't the dev's fault though
people wanted development to just be done so they could play so the devs just went "You want the game? HERE YA GO! A BIG BUGGY PILE O UNFINISHED JUNK! JUST HOW YOU DEMANDED!"

There’s so much wasted potential that journey’s end brought to light. There’s an entire mode which added basically nothing of value, a tunnel which leads to nowhere and brutally teases everyone who wanted a reason for water gear to exist, and... literally every dungeon change. I could just keep going but you get the point. It feels like an unfinished mod. A very good mod, but unfinished nonetheless.

Cyberpunk wasn't the dev's fault though
people wanted development to just be done so they could play so the devs just went "You want the game? HERE YA GO! A BIG BUGGY PILE O UNFINISHED JUNK! JUST HOW YOU DEMANDED!"
Except it was. The developers shouldn’t have listened to their whiny fanbase.

I don’t just prefer them in terms of how they look, I actually think that the Empress Wings give me better movement.
That’s a bit of a smoldering take. Starboard’s acceleration is so high that it actually outclasses dashes, and it has the same function of holding up to fly faster that empress wings do.

Back
Top Bottom