Casual Unpopular Opinion Thread

Lies, if you worked retail, you literally are not allowed to barter with customers on the price of items.
Now, if you had said Pawn Shop, I may have believed you.
Also, making no money is better than losing some money.
Low sale not greater than no sale.
What? Why would I be lying. It depends on the store but where I work if an item has been laying around for a while and the customer is stubborn about it being a little lower, through manager authorization, the price of the item can and will be lower because it won’t sell anyways. I have seen it happen before, though I’ve never done it because a manager has to authorize it, it can very well happen.

Anyone who has ever worked at a bigger retail that isn’t a grocery store knows for a fact a low sale is better than no sale depending on the circumstance. This is common practice.

You just created an entire paragraph about why product prices change bro

What kind of circumstance would losing money be a considered choice?

You say that as if you're selling things at cost. You should have a markup on prices, so you can drop the price a bit. Remember, it does cost money to get the product in the first place, so if it doesn't sell, you're already lost money until you can sell it, even if you do end up selling it at cost, or possibly even at a loss, to make up for whatever money was spent on originally purchasing the product.

Either way, this has been off topic for a while, so maybe it could be moved to a convo so it doesn't continue filling up this thread?

Yes…?
What Dragonwolf said, really. Not much to add on other than the fact that I’ve experienced it first hand. You can deny it all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that strategies like what we’ve said help keep businesses in business.

You say that as if you're selling things at cost. You should have a markup on prices, so you can drop the price a bit. Remember, it does cost money to get the product in the first place, so if it doesn't sell, you're already lost money until you can sell it, even if you do end up selling it at cost, or possibly even at a loss, to make up for whatever money was spent on originally purchasing the product.

Either way, this has been off topic for a while, so maybe it could be moved to a convo so it doesn't continue filling up this thread?
I wish I was better at explaining things, I think you filled the missing puzzle piece so hopefully he understands now. While going off topic was an intention while creating this thread, as long as it somehow originated to an opinion (how did we get here) I think it got a little too carried away, even if it didn’t break any of the rules I brought up before. So, yeah, best to move on while it’s still in control. What started as a joke got turned into something else.

Last edited:
J-pop is definitely the best in terms of variety. There are a lot of J-pop sub-genres that you usually wouldn't see in other countries' pop music.

Have I said this before? If I did I’ll say it again. Bologna sandwiches are disgusting. Everyone I know around me either likes or loves them and I just don’t understand how you can enjoy meat that tastes like it’s raw out of a can.

[Un]popular opinion, let’s NOT bomb a lot of people. Yes, that’s unpopular, trust me bro.
but i want to and you cant stop me
Have I said this before? If I did I’ll say it again. Bologna sandwiches are disgusting. Everyone I know around me either likes or loves them and I just don’t understand how you can enjoy meat that tastes like it’s raw out of a can.
bologna is ok, but turkey is where its at

I can agree with that actually
unless the frosting is made properly
like how my mom does it
she makes the absolute best cakes

true, my mom and sisters make good frosting. I’m referring specifically to the stuff that comes from a store that’s usually at parties. All my friends seem to like it for some reason lol

The Minecraft youtube scene has died with Technoblade. The community is stained with the reputation of the toxic dream stan Twitter community, the reputation of being a 'Minecraft fan' is worse than being an active 4chan user. The Minecraft content creation well has been sucked dry by 'Minecraft, but...' and the dreamsmp is dead in the water with all the content creators that were on there moving on.

The Minecraft youtube scene has died with Technoblade. The community is stained with the reputation of the toxic dream stan Twitter community, the reputation of being a 'Minecraft fan' is worse than being an active 4chan user. The Minecraft content creation well has been sucked dry by 'Minecraft, but...' and the dreamsmp is dead in the water with all the content creators that were on there moving on.
This has to be one of the best ways to explain the Minecraft Youtube scene today. It's so hard to swallow, but nobody can disprove this. I know you've probably heard this from a lot of people already, but I just wanna go back to the days Youtube wasn't a way to make money, it was a way to have fun.

Snowy you are right there, MineCraft's fandom is very toxic and poisonous especially with Twitter, honestly I still love MineCraft but the last major update I admit wasn't that great in my opinion but I was still excited for it, as I am for any future updates, I think they might be running out of ideas or are just in a rut. I'm a MineCraft fan but an independent one I don't associate or consider myself part of any group of fans as far as I''m concerned and I only play singleplayer, multiplayer is not my thing I had a few bad memories with griefers and a server constantly disconencting me. So it's put me right off multiplayer.

Ketchup goes well with macaroni and cheese. also, lasagna tastes good. for some reason, whenever I say any of these, everyone disagrees.

Ketchup goes well with ANYTHING, honestly. And I totally agree on lasagna tasting good.
if you are the kind of person that likes ketchup, I recommend mixing BBQ sauce and honey mustard together, and dipping french fries in it. it taste amazing, and everyone acts disgusted at it until they try it.

Back
Top Bottom