Casual Unpopular Opinion Thread

Hard to fight something that takes up like half of your screen.
I guess that is why it is so easy to fight him on pc, you can see him and his attacks from a mile away.

Spam is more fun to fight in Terraria than something you can dodge by moving slightly to the side.
Like literally most other bosses.
Try doing that against the expert versions of eoc, duke fishron, empress, plantera, moon lord, twins (which are straight up harder than ocram, btw), queen bee, or skeletron and see how that works out for you.

Anyway, in my opinion the mech bosses are overrated. Skeletron prime flails uselessly except for his laser which is just retinazer but weak, destroyer is incredibly brutal unless you use literally any crowd control weapon in which case he just dies (it’s not cheese if it’s literally multiple options for every single class, guys...). And twins are a stupidly easy eye (spaz) combined with an eye that has spread so ridiculously high in the first phase that you can stand still and still get missed half the time.

On 3DS it wasn’t golem that was bad it was the freaking lizhards and flying snakes that would come out of nowhere
Those are terrible to fight too!
Try doing that against the expert versions of eoc, duke fishron, empress, plantera, moon lord, twins (which are straight up harder than ocram, btw), queen bee, or skeletron and see how that works out for you.
I'm just going to ignore this because I don't want to start an argument.

Those are terrible to fight too!

I'm just going to ignore this because I don't want to start an argument.
That’s fair.
For 3DS golem I realized he couldn’t go through blocks, so I just built a wall in the center of my arena and killed him with a death sickle. The only thing I had to dodge were the lasers. Nowadays I’m much better at the fight to the point that the most I’ll modify his arena is disabling the traps which takes under a second. He’s countered extremely hard by running under him when he jumps and going for the arms with controlled damage like the piranha gun makes the first phase almost trivial.

I also used summons to take care of random enemies showing up because in normal mode usually summons work fast enough to take out things like that before they reach you.

This is getting somewhat off topic.

Wand of Sparking is a fun weapon.
While it is a fun and unique weapon, it's projectile is too slow and its range is too low for the weapon to be viable outside of the very early game, which is honestly a shame.

Yeah I guess but, it's more worth it to wait for gelatinous pillion and get the web slinger. And there are many class specific armour sets with 1.4 out so you might as well just use them.

Yeah I guess but, it's more worth it to wait for gelatinous pillion and get the web slinger. And there are many class specific armour sets with 1.4 out so you might as well just use them.
Web slinger’s range is awful, fast fall buttons are useful for all bosses, and class specific armors have the disadvantage of being class specific which can actually be a weakness in prehardmode.

Master Mode is rather underwhelming when it comes to new stuff, i can understand why they didn't add many special non-cosmetic items, but something like making Relics work like banners but for bosses would've been kinda cool.

Master Mode is rather underwhelming when it comes to new stuff, i can understand why they didn't add many special non-cosmetic items, but something like making Relics work like banners but for bosses would've been kinda cool.
Honestly I wish it had AI changes more than anything so people who had already nohit every expert boss would get an actually new experience from it.

Back
Top Bottom