Casual Unpopular Opinion Thread

I think Scott Cawthon deserves the break he's choosing to have by retiring.
Totally. Scott has always been one of the most respectful game developers out there. He just worked on FNAF for fun, but somehow he created an empire out of it. He's never strayed away from that purpose though. He's formed a monopoly of a franchise, and an army of fans, but its never gone to his head; he's always been down to earth an connected with his fambase. The man came in and went out like an absolute legend, through and through.

The man's got a family now, he's got a live outside of developing games. He deserves a break.

Totally. Scott has always been one of the most respectful game developers out there. He just worked on FNAF for fun, but somehow he created an empire out of it. He's never strayed away from that purpose though. He's formed a monopoly of a franchise, and an army of fans, but its never gone to his head; he's always been down to earth an connected with his fambase. The man came in and went out like an absolute legend, through and through.

The man's got a family now, he's got a live outside of developing games. He deserves a break.
IIRC he’s retiring because apparently supporting Republicans isn’t okay, at least to twitter. Yikes, best to stay away from that site.

IIRC he’s retiring because apparently supporting Republicans isn’t okay, at least to twitter. Yikes, best to stay away from that site.
I mean, Scott didn't really care too much about that anyway. His mentality was essentially "If I get canceled, so be it." I want to think that Scott went out on his own terms, because 1. From reading his farewell message on the FNAF subreddit it sure felt that way and 2. It's a much better way to go out than getting shot in the face by Twitter.

I mean, Scott didn't really care too much about that anyway. His mentality was essentially "If I get canceled, so be it." I want to think that Scott went out on his own terms, because 1. From reading his farewell message on the FNAF subreddit it sure felt that way and 2. It's a much better way to go out than getting shot in the face by Twitter.
People threatened to kill him because he supported Republicans. I imagine that made him pull the plug.

Inb4 someone says I’m breaking the threads rules. I am merely stating facts, not opinions.

This might not be unpopular but imo lives systems in games are utterly pointless outside of literal arcade cabinets and free to play cashgrabs and add nothing to a game besides frustration for new players and grinding for experienced ones.

This might not be unpopular but imo lives systems in games are utterly pointless outside of literal arcade cabinets and free to play cashgrabs and add nothing to a game besides frustration for new players and grinding for experienced ones.
Definitely not unpopular. Nowadays lives are nothing but a nuisance that add nothing to the games they're in.

Definitely not unpopular. Nowadays lives are nothing but a nuisance that add nothing to the games they're in.
If you made a game over slightly alter the state of the ingame world or something instead of just pointlessly yeeting some of your progress I actually wouldn’t mind lives that much, but no one seems to be interested in doing that.

If you made a game over slightly alter the state of the ingame world or something instead of just pointlessly yeeting some of your progress I actually wouldn’t mind lives that much, but no one seems to be interested in doing that.
What do you exactly mean by "altering the state of the world"? I feel like you're starting on an interesting idea here!

Back
Top Bottom