tModLoader Unusacies' Battle Rods Mod - Use special fishing rods as weapons!

The mod is excellent, I love the amount of depth to the system and the sprites look fantastic, but I find it strange there's no animation for hitting enemies with the fishing knives. Maybe use the arkhalis' swing sprite as an animation?

Published version 1.1 with the fishing armors and Cape of Worms acessory. It also includes the Lesser Energy Amalgamate, which is used for making the Hard Triad rod and set of Armor.
Download in mod browser or Github.

Published version 1.1 with the fishing armors and Cape of Worms acessory. It also includes the Lesser Energy Amalgamate, which is used for making the Hard Triad rod and set of Armor.
Download in mod browser or Github.

Got ideas for dual biome crates.
Crimesert Crate - Found in Crimson Deserts
"An Crate that has properties of sand and blood"

Corrusert Crate - Found in Corruption Deserts
"An Crate that has properties of sand and evil"

Red Ice Crate - Found in Crimson Ice Biomes
"An Crate frozen with blood"

Purple Ice Crate - Found in Corruption Ice Biomes
"An Crate frozen by an Evil Presence..."

Blood Jungle Crate - Found in Crimson Jungle Biomes
"An Crate painted by Tribunal blood"

Evil Jungle Crate - Found in Corruption Jungle Biomes
"An Crate cursed by Tribunal evil"

Hallsert Crate - Found in Hallow Deserts
"For a second, you confused this for a Iron Crate..."

Pink Ice Crate - Found in Hallow Ice Biomes
"An Crate that found happiness in Ice"

Flora Crate - Found in Hallow Jungle Biomes
"Holy Jungle Crate doesn't sound as good."

Also, if it's possible, could you also make Boss Crates that drop from Bosses using the "Boss Extraction Hook"?

Viewfinder Crate / Possessed Viewfinder Crate - Found while Eye of Cthulhu / The Twins is nearby
"Why are you fishing? Kill that Eye!" / "You got a pair for ignoring the eyes..."

Tunneler / Possessed Tunneler Crate - Found while Eater of World / The Destroyer is nearby
"Keep moving! You got no time to Fish!" / "The Angler pities you...he really does..."

Dungeon Deity Crate / Possessed Dungeon Deity Crate - Found while Skeletron / Skeletron Prime is nearby
"It's thanks to him the silk hasn't crumpled in water..." / "The Clother pities you..."

Guide Crate - Found while the Wall of Flesh is nearby. Needed Hotline Fishing Rod if fishing with boss summon item.
"Good thing to know that the Guild doesn't pity you."

Le Penseur Crate - Found while Brain of Cthulhu is nearby
"Yes, it's still going to fight you. No, it's not going to wait."
* Le Penseur is french for "The Thinker"

Twilight Reckoning Crate - Found while Moon Lord is nearby
"It looks like the Lord pities you for doing this."

Got ideas for dual biome crates.
Crimesert Crate - Found in Crimson Deserts
"An Crate that has properties of sand and blood"

Corrusert Crate - Found in Corruption Deserts
"An Crate that has properties of sand and evil"

Red Ice Crate - Found in Crimson Ice Biomes
"An Crate frozen with blood"

Purple Ice Crate - Found in Corruption Ice Biomes
"An Crate frozen by an Evil Presence..."

Blood Jungle Crate - Found in Crimson Jungle Biomes
"An Crate painted by Tribunal blood"

Evil Jungle Crate - Found in Corruption Jungle Biomes
"An Crate cursed by Tribunal evil"

Hallsert Crate - Found in Hallow Deserts
"For a second, you confused this for a Iron Crate..."

Pink Ice Crate - Found in Hallow Ice Biomes
"An Crate that found happiness in Ice"

Flora Crate - Found in Hallow Jungle Biomes
"Holy Jungle Crate doesn't sound as good."

Also, if it's possible, could you also make Boss Crates that drop from Bosses using the "Boss Extraction Hook"?

Viewfinder Crate / Possessed Viewfinder Crate - Found while Eye of Cthulhu / The Twins is nearby
"Why are you fishing? Kill that Eye!" / "You got a pair for ignoring the eyes..."

Tunneler / Possessed Tunneler Crate - Found while Eater of World / The Destroyer is nearby
"Keep moving! You got no time to Fish!" / "The Angler pities you...he really does..."

Dungeon Deity Crate / Possessed Dungeon Deity Crate - Found while Skeletron / Skeletron Prime is nearby
"It's thanks to him the silk hasn't crumpled in water..." / "The Clother pities you..."

Guide Crate - Found while the Wall of Flesh is nearby. Needed Hotline Fishing Rod if fishing with boss summon item.
"Good thing to know that the Guild doesn't pity you."

Le Penseur Crate - Found while Brain of Cthulhu is nearby
"Yes, it's still going to fight you. No, it's not going to wait."
* Le Penseur is french for "The Thinker"

Twilight Reckoning Crate - Found while Moon Lord is nearby
"It looks like the Lord pities you for doing this."
You forgot to add..... invasion type crates.

You forgot to add..... invasion type crates.

Ah yes...silly me.

Yew-Wood Crate - Found during Goblin Invasions
"An nice crate, only if nobody was harassing you..."

Locker Crate - Found during Pirate Invasions
"Do Pirates use gym lockers?"

Construct Container - Found during Martian Invasions
"It converts it's contents into hardlights for easier storage."

It may simply be a conflict with another mod that I'm using, but whenever I try using a battle rod, about 80% of the attempted uses fail, and the bobs instantly return half a second after use. The gold battle rod also only does about 1-5 damage, instead of the listed 30.

Are shafts not fully implemented yet? I don't see them listed on Recipe Browser, and the recipe listed in the wiki doesn't seem to work either.

just a little bug on the star mix hat: it leaves the character bald even on the anglers hat it dosent leave our characters bald (of course I have nothing against bald characters/people) but in this case it looks wrong can you fix this in the next update JPAN?

do the lure accesories work? because Im having trouble that these accesories dosent work either while fishing and fighting.

This mod is absolutely amazing. Created an account though to do a bug report (I think)?

By my understanding your DPS shouldn't go up with the addition of more lures since damage is divided equally by number of lures out, but with my Octo Lure and my Hallowed Battle Rod, my DPS has doubled from like 400-500 to numbers like 1K. The damage doesn't seem equally divided.

...are the numbers right too? Hallowed throws 3 bobs but I remember each hit doing its natural damage against a dummy, rather than divided damage.

Also just a minor thing but I noticed the crate pet is basically a crimson heart with fishing bonuses, bonus lightpet as well. Possible for it to lose the blood effect and lighting?

There seems to be a bug with Wireless mod that breaks the multi-bobbers feature, it just doesn't work on multiplayer servers.

There seems to be a bug with Wireless mod that breaks the multi-bobbers feature, it just doesn't work on multiplayer servers.
did you try a relog on the server? if that fixed it then its simply the same issue everyone else has, regardless of MP or SP.

Back
Top Bottom