tModLoader Unusacies' Battle Rods Mod - Use special fishing rods as weapons!

How do you disable the "harder lures" so you can use the easier crafting recpies for the multi lures? Anyone? Please help! (still unresolved)

Last edited:
How do you disable the "harder lures" so you can use the easier crafting recpies for the multi lures? Anyone? Please help! (still unresolved)
Basically u go to your file explorer go to you documents-> my game-> terraria -> modloader-> modconfigs -> UnuBattlleRods then open up main in notepad and change "harderLureRecipes": from true to false then save the file. dont forget to leave a space between : and false and make sure to have a , after false so it should look like this when your done. "harderLureRecipes": false,

This might've already been asked, and or answered, but none of the fishing knives seem to work for me, no matter how close I am or what accessory slot they're in.. Could it just be a conflict between this mod and others or is it just a problem on my part?

Edit: Turns out I just wasn't paying enough attention, they work just fine, just a little bit hard to see with the fire tick and base damage from the Meteor Battle Rod

Last edited:
This mod was close to being "really" updated before I had to stop modding for work-related reasons, but now I will be finishing testing the update and upload a new version, hopefuly before next year (so a week from now). Sorry for the aditional delay.

Finished porting and updating the new features, squished some bugs, and it appeared mostly ready for publishing, so I did. Hope you enjoy this update!

v1.3 Changelog
- Added Discardable Bobbers, a special type of ammo that works by breaking the line on an enemy (easiest way is to right-click),, most generating an AOE around that enemy.
- Added the Fish Lady NPC, a town NPC that sells Discardable Bobbers, some baits and a fishing-damage minion for Fish Steaks, a new currency obtained by crafting fish. She can be summoned by having a Fish Steak in your inventory.
- Added Event Crates, crates that can only be fished when you are on certain events, such as Blood moon Crate during Blood Moon, or Alien Crate during a Martian Invasion.
- Also added some other new crates such as the Wing Crate, that can only be fished in the sky after Hard Mode.
- Added the Bait Disperser and Superior Bait Disperser, that apply bait effects in an area near your bobber, even when it's not stuck (but is stationary or in water)
- Added Selective Bobbers, accessories that allow you to stick each bobber to a separate enemy, Smartly distribute bobbers around or even stick to no enemy at all (great for those fishing excursions).
- Also, some bug fixes that I forgot to write down...

A new version has just been released. It adds a couple of accessories, and changes the old config to use Mod Config. I'm sorry, but this breaks the old config. You have to re-enter the information in the ModLoader config screen.

Battlerods v1.3.1 changelog
- Made Smart Bobbers available via buying in the Fish Lady (Post Moonlord) and fixed their grabbing mechanic.
- Added the Sinker, an accessory that makes your bobbers ignore water (no more fishing, but much better for underwater combat). Crafted from Iron/Lead at a Furnace
- Added the Fish Slicer, an accessory that makes any fish you catch that can be converted into Fish Steaks, Fish Steaks. Sold by the Fish Lady.
- Added the Sell Gate, an accessory that converts every item you fish with max stack 1 (weapons and accessories) into coins (Sell value + 1 copper coin). Made with Lucky Coin and Discount Card at the Tinkerer's Workbench.
- Added the Killing Gate, that merges the Fish Slicer and Sell Gate. Made with both at the Tinkerer's Workbench.
- Improved Bobber behaviour, especially in multiplayer. Should get stuck less often.
- Changed configs to use ModConfig, allowing editing the options through ModLoader.
Mod Compatibility
- Added Fragments and Broken Sentry Parts from Expanded Sentries to the Luminite and Terra crates respectively.
- Changed the recipe for the Angler Enchantment and Trawler Soul from Fargo's Souls Mod:
- Angler Enchantment now requires the Reaver Shark and a Edge Battlerod;
- Trawler Soul no longer requires Reaver Shark but requires a Rod Containment Unit instead.

Ok, Sell Gate was no longer working, so I fixed it in v 1.3.1.1.
Changelog:
- Fixed Sell Gate and Killing Gate never selling items;
- Added a Force Sell array for auto-selling fished items with more than 1 max stack size, if you want to.

I like the playstyle of the rods, you have basically broken damage on paper, but you're limited by the range of the bobber and only dealing single-target damage until you get accessories to cast more bobbers.
It'd be really awesome if you could use the bobber to drag the items of the enemies it killed towards the player, so you'd literally be fishing for the enemies.
One of the funniest thing I've done with this thing was literally ripping the Eater of Worlds in half.
So, the bait only works when they're in the ammo slot? I guess that's a fast way to switch between using and not using baits.
The sandnado bobber is probably my favourite so far, pulling the string and the spinning tornado appearing reminded me of a beyblade.
Now I just need to farm for hooks, I guess.

(Ah, there's the Vacuum Wire, I guess that kind of does the same thing as what I was describing, even though it instantly picks them up instead of dragging items next to you)

Edit: It'd be fun to have a fishing rod with good range and such, but little to no damage like the wooden rod, so you can have fun just dragging enemies around and using special baits and such before they die
Edit: It seems that using the Fish Slicer causes your bobbers to randomly disappear when fishing
Edit again: I feel the fire bees might need to bounce, like other bees, often they just kind of hit a wall and disappear when trying to home in to an enemy
EditEdit: Oh, the Cooler Fishing Rod has super low damage, that's exactly what I need
EditEditEdit: A list of Discardable Bobbers would be a nice addition to the wiki, as well as the NPC and the requirements for her selling things

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a bug or an intended feature but fishing now seems to duplicate fished items. I've included images of the results of a single bob cast from a platinum battle rod, equipped armour and accessories (although removing them has no effect) and a list of all enabled mods. Example shows 2 bass being caught but I have also witnessed crates and other fish behaving in a similar manner. Edit: Disabling all other mods has no effect. Fish and crates still duplicate. fish 2.PNGequipment.PNGfish modlist.PNG

Also, could we potentially have Post-ML rods for Calamity? Like being able to get Auric Crates that contain a minuscule amount of Auric Tesla Bar mats.

Back
Top Bottom