tModLoader Unusacies' Battle Rods Mod - Use special fishing rods as weapons!

Hi , i've installed to the mod few days ago and it was for a little feedback, about the mod directly and also about side-"compatible"mod.
(i only need to kill WOF for hm atm).

So first , Auto-trash mod is a must have with this mod, i can't imagine the nightmare it should be to sort all drop from crate or fishs without that so i STRONGLY suggest using it alongside your mod (and even in general tbh).
Second you should tweak the hellstone battle rod , when you fish with a lot of lure the fire bouncing ball are very noisy and a bit laggy IMO.
Lastly i didnt find any legit way to get Bee battlerod , is it removed ? (tried kill around 40 queen bee , check craft with recipe browser , tried to fish honey crate (didnt get any but i've see a "honey crate" in a cheat mod), its underpowered cuz i have the edge battlerod but i'm curious. (finaly get one on my second game)

(ps : Joostmod is fun too with gun battle rod but they are kinda overpowered since it didnt seem to divide damage by bobs so i avoid fight with it).

Anyways the mod is very good. so congratz for your work.

Very curious to see how it will be in 1.4.

edit :
I think it should be a bit more balanced , omni lure with good rod/armor is pretty broken about damage output (even in expert + fargo eternity mod + master mod (3x hp/damage from mob)) , so i've a add some mods for my game 2 , especialy if you have a life steal rod or vampire accesory.

My only issue i had in game was Old Man Army.

Also craft for some lure like quad octo and so on are broken , i mean the game dont recognize asked accessory even if they all have the same prefix (both normaly and with magic storage crafting interface).

My workaround is to delete asked things and use cheat for give the expected craft result , but soon or late you may need to investigate about that.

Anyways after many years i think i've found my new favorite class.

Last edited:
Hi, I noticed a bug.
If a few rods are sped up, say from a prefix like Rapid, the line itself breaks and you're stuck in a state of not being able to move things in your inventory or change your weapon in your hotbar. I've noticed that this effects the silver and star mix rod, and I am doing more testing to see what else this may effect but I thought I would let you know.

PLEASE someone find the creator of this mod and tell him or SOMEONE update Battle Rods Mod for 1.4.3.6 TModloader. This was literally one of my favorite mods and I really want it updated. Can anyone just take it and update it? I highly doubt he will ever come back to this if at all.

Look like the mod is updated folks !!!!
just search it in the mod browser in game

(tmod version : v2022.9.47.17
game version : v1.4.3.6
mod version 1.4.1)

I ran into some issue when playing the Dungeon rod was not found in any chests. And I have destroyed my whole dungeon looking for it thank to mining turtle. But please if any body has any ideas in how to get dungeon rod easily Please lmk because I can not craft terra rod due to it.

I ran into some issue when playing the Dungeon rod was not found in any chests. And I have destroyed my whole dungeon looking for it thank to mining turtle. But please if any body has any ideas in how to get dungeon rod easily Please lmk because I can not craft terra rod due to it.
Try fishing in the dungeon for dungeon crates.

I think powered baits are broken. I'm not sure if anyone else is having any problem with them but they just simply do not work for me. It could be a conflict with another mod but I'm not sure. Let me know if anyone else has this problem.

I think powered baits are broken. I'm not sure if anyone else is having any problem with them but they just simply do not work for me. It could be a conflict with another mod but I'm not sure. Let me know if anyone else has this problem.

If you speak about effect bait like venom bait , you need an accesory for use their effect ("bait dispenser" if i'm correct , fishy lady npc).

Back
Top Bottom