WIP Up in Flames

Noobiescrubpleb

Pixel Pirate
Hello all and welcome to my Up in Flames saga! This story is about one of my characters and his world in a terraria. Now I strayed away from said characters personality a little. In the game he is a Bullet ranger, but in the story he is both a Bullet Ranger and Melee. So without further ado;

The following story has been rated Restricted for the following reasons;
-Blood and Gore
-Vulgar Language
-Drug References
-Alcahol References
-Strong Violence
-Crude Humor

Now that that's over;

Chapter I
The Beginning
"Hey!!!" A strange voice yelled leaning over an unconscious man on the ground. The unconscious man shifted, but didn't awaken. "Hey!! Wake up!!!'" the strange man yelled louder. All of the sudden the unconscious man woke up and scurried away from the strange man. "Who the hell are you?!" the now conscious man replied. "Why me? I'm Andrew, the guide to this land. And who might you be?" asked Andrew. The now conscious man slowly begins to stand up as he responds, "I...I don't think I have one". Andrew, with a confused facial expression, tosses a shortsword, a pickaxe, and an axe made of copper towards the now conscious man. "You need a name to start a legend. Come see me if you need something." Andrew stated.
The now conscious man sits on the nearest rock and begins pondering names while stroking the blade of his shortsword. "Blade? No..Cowl? Hey that sounds good." Cowl uttered. As Cowl began walking to Andrew a strange, green gelatinous object bounced in front of him. "Aw. Aren't you a cute little thing?" Cowl proclaimed as he reached out to pet the object. Cowl jerked his hand back quickly as touching the object burned his hand. "Ah what the hell?! Your acidic?!" Cowl yelled in pain holding his hand. The object started shaking and suddenly jumps toward Cowls chest. Cowl side steps, dodging the object and draws his shortsword. Cowl stands there confused as the object hops away. He then turns to the guide who was now standing next to him. "What the hell was that?" cowl questioned. Andrew smiles and responds, "That, my friend, is called a slime. There's several different species of slime and their all acidic. So be careful. By the way are you planning on building a house? Night draws near and we shouldn't be outside when that happens." Cowl sheaths his shortsword and with a disgusted look, replies "Your homeless, you don't fight, and you don't build....What DO you do?"
The moon began rising right as Cowl finished the small shack he built for safety. As the door was shut they heard groaning from the distance. "Please tell me that's not what I think it is..." Andrew faces the door and replies, "No, its just a zombie." Cowl draws his short sword and replies, "What the hell do I think I...you know what, never mind". Cowl backs slowly to a corner and sits down waiting for daylight. All of the sudden out of nowhere a sharp, piercing headache came over Cowl. Cowl begins holding his head in pain as Andrew looks over at him. "You ok bud?" Andrew asked. "I'm fine. Just a headache is all." Andrew stands up and begins walking to the door, "I wonder if its daylight yet." he says while opening the door. Cowl pulls out his copper pickaxe, walks outside, and begins mining. Hearing stories about abandoned underground mining houses, Cowl was in hopes for some sort of gun. At last Cowl came across an old wooden chest. It was not in a house like Cowl had heard. But maybe it had something useful anyway. Cowl pried the old wooden chest open. Only to find a few throwing knives, torches, copper bars, and some coins. Cowl looked around, "Maybe I'm not deep enough." Cowl grabbed the bars, coins, and torches and continued mining. Finally after hours of mining, Cowl placed his last torch. But to Cowl's surprise, right as he placed the torch, he saw wood. Curious, Cowl approached the wood and knew what it was immediately. He took out his axe and quickly chopped the wood wall down. As he walked inside he saw a chandelier providing light, an old broken wood chest which only held cobwebs, and a shiny golden chest. Cowl excitedly approached the gold chest and slowly lifted the lid. Inside he found a strange mirror, a gold coin, flares, and a flare gun. Cowl quickly grabbed the flares and flare gun. While looking at it he smiled, "This will do just fine for now".

Chapter II
Test Your Might!
As Cowl began traveling to the surface he started to feel the temperature rise. "Why is it so hot all of the sudden?" Cowl questioned. As it progressively got hotter and hotter he began sweating. Just before Cowl started overheating he finally exited the mine. Shockingly he wasn't hot anymore. Confused, Cowl begins walking back home. To his suprise Andrew is outside working on the house. "What are you doing Andrew?" asked Cowl. Andrew turns slowly to Cowl and responded, "I'm repairing the damages the zombies did and after that ill probably make some additions to get new people. I got to thinking about what you said, and your right. So now I'm doing things to help". Cowl, with a suprised face, responds "Wow, well keep up the good work! Andrew turned around quickly to hide his excitement. He had never had a friend before.
Cowl took his spare wood and made a crafting table so he could make a furnace. With the large amount of iron he found while mining he then made an anvil, chestplate, a helmet, and some new tools. As he walked out the door he noticed the sun was beginning to set. He turned to Andrew and tossed him a spare iron broadsword. "I need to see what I'm made of. Care to join me?" Cowl said with a smile. Excited, Andrew jumps down and grips the sword. Suddenly in the distance they hear a groan. "Get ready Andrew. Here they come." Cowl said to Andrew. Andrew turned and smiled, "I'm as ready as I'll ever be". To their suprise there were more than they thought. In a matter of seconds they were surrounded by rotten, decaying corpses. Cowl could barely stand the smell as he slashed his sword into a zombie, only to see it take the hit and keep comming. Suddenly a zombie jumps on on Andrew causing him to lose grip of his sword. As the zombie lands on top of him he kicks the zombie off and quickly crawls towards his sword in time for the zombie to land on him again. This time however, Andrew had his sword raised upward, causing the zombie to impale himself. Once again Andrew kicks the zombie off and notices the zombie is still squirming. Andrew stands and thrusts his sword into the zombies skull. The zombie makes a few choking noises then lays there motionless. "Go for their head Cowl! It's the only thing that will kill them!" Andrew yells to Cowl as he continues to fight off the horde. After hearing that, Cowl swings his sword as hard and fast as possible at an approaching zombie. The sword pierces the zombies neck, decapitating it.
Suddenly to their suprise, they begin seeing strange flying objects. "Andrew what the hell is that?!" Cowl worridly yells. "Their called Demon Eyes. Don't worry their as mindless as the zombies. Be careful though they can fly!" Andrew responds. Suddenly one of the demon eyes rams into Cowl knocking his breath away. As soon as Cowl regained his breath the demon eye rammed into his back knocking him down. Andrew sees this and attempts to run towards Cowl but is quickly intercepted by a few zombies and a demon eye. Neither of them can reach their blades and as the zombies and demon eyes close in, suddenly they lose interest and start leaving. "Am I dead?.." Cowl asked. "No..its daylight.." Both Cowl and Andrew rise to their feet and look around. Only seven bodies lie on the ground. "We need more practice" Andrew muttered as Cowl killed a few slimes. "What are you doing?" Andrew asked curiosusly. Cowl gathered some gel from the dead slimes and piled the corpses up. " Were burning the bodies" Cowl responds as he shoots his flare gun at the pile of corpses.

Last edited:
Chapter 2 is up! Note that im using proper format but its screwed u when I copy and paste and this website wont save my format edits. Please comment! Im beginning to think this is a waste of time...

* cough * chapter 2 has some stuff
"Shockingly he wasnt" ( should be wasn't )
""Im ( should be I'm ) repairing the damages the zombies did and after that ill ( should be I'll ) probably make"
"So now im ( see last correction )doing"
"iron he found why(i)le mining"
"tossed him a spar(e) "
"I'm as read(y) as ill ( check back ) ever be"
"quickly cr(a)wls towards"
"Go for their he(a)d Cowl!Its ( It's )"
"The sword pierces the zombies neck, decapitating it."
"they begin seeing"
"Their called Demon Eyes.Don't worry their as mindless"
"quickly intercepted by a few"
"Neither of them"
* cough *
But this is quite invigorating! It's quite nice. :)
EDIT: * cough * also, Alcohol * cough *

Last edited:
* cough * chapter 2 has some stuff
"Shockingly he wasnt" ( should be wasn't )
""Im ( should be I'm ) repairing the damages the zombies did and after that ill ( should be I'll ) probably make"
"So now im ( see last correction )doing"
"iron he found why(i)le mining"
"tossed him a spar(e) "
"I'm as read(y) as ill ( check back ) ever be"
"quickly cr(a)wls towards"
"Go for their he(a)d Cowl!Its ( It's )"
"The sword pierces the zombies neck, decapitating it."
"they begin seeing"
"Their called Demon Eyes.Don't worry their as mindless"
"quickly intercepted by a few"
"Neither of them"
* cough *
But this is quite invigorating! It's quite nice. :)

Right! I neglected that for chaper 2. Fixing it now and thanks! :)

@A Wanderer fixes have been made. Apologies, I'm bad dyslexic and I guess I didn't proof read well enough :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom