Blocks & Decoration [Updated sprites] Crystal Furniture

Good idea?

• Total voters
Hello all, this is the same thread from the last forums, but with updated bed and chest sprites. Tell me what you think.

You know those crystal shards you find in the underhallow. I looked up the recipes those are used in, and saw nothing but weapons and ammo, and I thought it would be cool to be able to make furniture out of these crystals.

First off, the current item sprite for the crystal item doesn't really work, so it would be changed to something like this.
better-crystal-item-bigger-png.140935
better-crystal-item-png.140937

Now, on to the furniture.

First, you have to turn the crystal shards into crystal blocks.
crystal-blocks-png.115189

These are made with 1 crystal shard, and you can choose which color you want to craft. These blocks glow dimly like mushroom grass. With these you can make the rest of the furniture. All of them are crafted the same way as all the other furniture but with crystal blocks instead of wood for example. All of the furniture can be turned on and off, in the an position, they provide as much light as mushroom grass. All furniture is crafted at an anvil.

Crystal Wall
crystal-walls-png.115468

Crystal Work Bench
crystal-work-bench-png.115492

Crystal Table
crystal-table-png.115490

Crystal Candelabra
crystal-candelabra-png.115477

Crystal Candle
crystal-candle-png.115479

Crystal Lamp
crystal-lamp-png.115517

Crystal Chair
crystal-chair-png.115482

Crystal Chest
Crystal Chests.png

Crystal Bed
Crystal Bed.png

Crystal Lantern
crystal-lantern-png.115489

Crystal Chandelier
crystal-chandeleir-png.115511

Crystal Door
crystal-door-png.115487

Crystal Bathtub
crystal-bathtub-png.115505

Crystal Bookshelf
crystal-bookshelf-png.115509

Crystal Sofa
crystal-couch-png.115514

Crystal Dresser
crystal-dresser-png.115515

And Crystal Grandfather Clock
crystal-grandfather-clock-png.115516

And that's it. This is my first furniture set, so any criticism is greatly appreciated.

Nothing like seeing an old thread freshly remade.
Good job!
May I suggest making the crystals a tiny bit transparent? Also there is that annoying pink pixel which looks out of place, could it be replaced by the darker outline color?

Nothing like seeing an old thread freshly remade.
Good job!
May I suggest making the crystals a tiny bit transparent? Also there is that annoying pink pixel which looks out of place, could it be replaced by the darker outline color?
Making them transparent is something I don't know how to do, but I'm sure it can be done in the coding of the actual game. So just imagine that they're transparent.:p
Also, what do you mean "there is that annoying pink pixel which looks out of place"? On what piece of furniture?

Making them transparent is something I don't know how to do, but I'm sure it can be done in the coding of the actual game. So just imagine that they're transparent.:p
Also, what do you mean "there is that annoying pink pixel which looks out of place"? On what piece of furniture?
Oh never mind about that pixel, the underground layout of the forum made it blend well with the background so I didn't see it. :p
Forget this ever happened.

This is great! I think there needs to be more furniture, lots of potential for different kinds of themed sets.
Agreed Kola, more furniture allows us to create even better buildings and furnish them consistently and with the style we want. I myself am a building enthusiast so this would be cool to have in-game, perhaps along with other themed furniture sets.

I do like the idea, but I did have a different picture in my head on what some of them would look like. I would have gone with a more mystic approach, like having the chair and table balance on an inverted crystal. When 1.1 cam out I though it would be cool if we could craft a larger crystal and use it as a lamp and lantern. It would be a large crystal with smaller ones at the base. For the chandelier I was thinking something that looks like a 8 point star or something hanging from a chain. 8 small crystals pointing like a compass rose. Still you where more creative them me with the most of them.

I also had the idea of a new crafting station as many of the furniture sets now have their own. It would be called the Crystal Altar and likely ether be dropped by a mob in the hollow or sold by an NPC.

PS: One new item would be a crystal stand. A wide but short group of crystals that can hold the large gems above it. It is essentially weapon rack for the large gems.

Last edited:
the one thing i don't like is the updated crystal shard sprite, maybe if you slowly had the colours change instead of just instantly turning into a different colour?

Back
Top Bottom