Upload a video from device straight to the forum

Guest735

Terrarian
What's wrong with the insert video function in the forum thread editor? It would be more practical not to need another site to upload videos to this forum.
The option to insert videos from device to forum exists but it doesn't seem to work with video files, looks like something that hasn't completely been done yet.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the insert video function in the forum thread editor? It would be more practical not to need another site to upload videos to this forum.
The option to insert videos from device to forum exists but it doesn't seem to work with video files, looks like something that hasn't completely been done yet.
Hi there @Guest735 the ability to upload videos directly to the forums has been intentionally disabled. Although it would be easier than having to upload them elsewhere and link to them, the amount of storage and bandwidth needed to host videos are not something that we’d like to handle.

I’ll see if I can get the upload video button to not show, as that’s confusing for it to be there and not be functionable. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Edited to add: I’ve gone ahead and removed the upload video button to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom