tModLoader Use Time Editor

Snek actually making a complete mod? Who would've thought!

This is the Use Time Editor. It does exactly what it says it does.

Commands:
/usetime <time>: Changes the held item's use time to the integer entered.
Note: For some reason, setting an item's usetime to 1 or 0 makes it unuseable.​
/autoreuse: If the held item cannot be reused automatically, makes it so it can. Applies vise-versa, too.

Downloads: v1.0 { Mod Browser | Dropbox }

Chnagelog:
v1.0: Released with /usetime and /autoreuse commands.

For some reason, setting an item's usetime to 1 or 0 makes it unuseable.
A use time of 0 is impossible because it would mean that the item is being used every 0 frames.
I would guess that a use time of 1 encounters the issue for a similar reason, but I'm not sure exactly why. Perhaps it has something to do with rounding down the use time value to 0 in certain situations (whereas a use time of 2 would still allow it to round down to 1).

A use time of 0 is impossible because it would mean that the item is being used every 0 frames.
I would guess that a use time of 1 encounters the issue for a similar reason, but I'm not sure exactly why. Perhaps it has something to do with rounding down the use time value to 0 in certain situations (whereas a use time of 2 would still allow it to round down to 1).
That’s most likely why 0 is impossible. 1 might be impossible because the countdown to use the item again finishes on the frame it’s used, making the item attempt to be used again on the same frame.

Then why does Terraria Patcher's use time editor work?

It looks really nice to a little buff your favourite weapon to continue to use it like it's speed scale with bosses and perfect for nerfing broken copper shortsword. Good work.

Then why does Terraria Patcher's use time editor work?
I’d have to say that it’s something Terraria Patcher can do because it directly edits the game with its plugins, instead of loading in content from files like tModLoaded.
It looks really nice to a little buff your favourite weapon to continue to use it like it's speed scale with bosses and perfect for nerfing broken copper shortsword. Good work.
Thanks!

Snek actually making a complete mod? Who would've thought!

This is the Use Time Editor. It does exactly what it says it does.

Commands:
/usetime <time>: Changes the held item's use time to the integer entered.
Note: For some reason, setting an item's usetime to 1 or 0 makes it unuseable.​
/autoreuse: If the held item cannot be reused automatically, makes it so it can. Applies vise-versa, too.

Downloads: v1.0 { Mod Browser | Dropbox }

Chnagelog:
v1.0: Released with /usetime and /autoreuse commands.
is there a way to just make all items have a slower or faster usetime

I don't know much about forums or how they work, but I was wondering if someone was willing to update this mod to 1.4? This was probably my favorite mod in all of tmod, so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could put it on there. Thanks!

I don't know much about forums or how they work, but I was wondering if someone was willing to update this mod to 1.4? This was probably my favorite mod in all of tmod, so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could put it on there. Thanks!
i completely agree, i was looking for a similar mod for 1.4 but there are none, if someone could port this or notify me about a mod of similar use already there, that would be great. thx

Back
Top Bottom