Game Mechanics Useful function for 1.4

Zeldars

Terrarian
I have been thinking that the item "Discount Card" It is very uncomfortable to have to equip it to apply the discount, An idea I have is to change the functionality of this item and just being in your inventory apply the discount, and if it is stored in the safe, that the discount is applied without having to wear it.

This would work like the stats/information display items such as the compass, watch, GPS etc.
they have that functionality for a reason, so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for the discount card.
I always forget to equip it when buying things xP

Maybe they should make all of the greedy ring components do this? The only reason the discount card is an accessory is because of the greedy ring.

For the love of god also do this for the fishing accessories hnnnnng I swear I have the thing that prevents the line from breaking and everything but I don't enjoy or remember to put it on every time ;_;

The discount card and the fishing things are accessories (that currently don't work from inventory) meaning you have to equip them, but you're not going to equip them 24/7 because that takes a slot, you're only equipping when you need them, but that's an inconvenience to be doing, and also because they count as accessories you naturally just fit them into the vanity accessory slots for free so leaving them useless there doesn't even take a slot of anything in the first place.
If they worked from inventory you could just leave them in inventory forever if you want their effects (and they don't work if put in the vanity slot), so if you buffed them to work from inventory you're actually also adding an inherent downside that it'll start costing 1 inventory slot for the permanent effect version of it. And a lot of people will gladly take it, yes please.

Incidentally maybe it would be good if the items that work from inventory directly said in their tooltip "Works when left in inventory" so you know

Back
Top Bottom