tModLoader Useful NPCs

Gortart

Terrarian
Useful NPCs add various NPCs that sell Items that are annoying to get.

You can download this mod from mod browser or older versions at github.

Bandit_Head.png
Dealer
"With a questionable past, the Dealer sells goods with questionable sources that may or may not involve violence."
NPC Loves : Nurse
NPC Likes : Builder
NPC Hates : Arms Dealer
Biome Likes : Forest, Jungle
Biome Dislikes : Desert, Ocean
Arms Dealer also hates Dealer.
He will come after beating the slime king. He sells the entire items from the traveling merchant, sketon merchant, santa claus. He also sells crates. But here's a catch. His items are at least 2 times expensive from normal price and some items cost even more. And boss progresion still applies, so for example you can only buy pulse bow after beating all 3 mechanical bosses.

Builder_Head.png
Builder
"The Builder is a snarky architect who isn't afraid of criticizing anything, including things outside of his expertise"
NPC Likes : Angler
NPC Dislikes : Martian
Biome Loves : Jungle
Biome Likes : Underground
Biome Dislikes : Hallow
He will come without any requirements. He sells common blocks, rare blocks, some furnitures and paintings from traveling merchant.

MagicMerchant_Head.png
Alchemist
"The Alchemist grows various herbs to make potions for you to buy. Spending much time with plants taught him to be calm and insightful."
NPC Likes : Guide, Zoologist
NPC Dislikes : Old Champion
Biome Likes : Forest, Jungle, Desert, Snow
Biome Dislikes : Ocean
He will come if there are more than 3 NPCs in the town. He various potions ingredients and potions. He will only sell items that you can get easily so he doesn't break boss progresion.

OldChampion_Head.png
Old Champion
"Having played Terraria for over 10 years, the Old Champion sells various items that he grinded so mindlessly in the past years."
NPC Likes : Dryad
NPC Dislikes : Tax Collector
NPC Hates : Angler
Biome Likes : Forest, Desert, Jungle
Biome Dislikes : Hallow, Glowing Mushroom
Old Champion does not wear party hats nor have party specific dialog.
He will come after beating the eye of cthulhu. He sells boss/rare enemy/event summons. He also sells souls and rare drops. He will only sell boss summons after beating that boss or event.

Draedon_Head.png
Hephaestus
"The Hephaestus descended from the Olympus to watch the mortals use his creations."
Hephaestus does not have any specific preference.
He will come after beating the eye of cthulhu. He sells ores, gems and treasures from underground. He will only sell items that you can get easily at that point of the game.

ShootingStar_Head.png
Shooting Star
"Fascinated by music, the Shooting Star is always ready to explore new world to record the sound of them."
NPC Loves : Truffle
NPC Likes : Party Girl
NPC Hates : Builder
Biome Loves : Glowing Mushroom
Biome Likes : Hallow
Biome Dislikes : Jungle
Party Girl also likes Shooting Star.
She will come after you dicover a glowing mushroom biome. She sells original/otherworld jukeboxes. She does sell hardmode jukeboxes in pre-hardmode.

Martian_Head.png
Martian
"Exiled from the rest of martians for being a dork, the Martian sells rare items that it collected from specimens."
NPC Loves : Haphaestus
NPC Likes : Cyborg
NPC Dislikes : Dryad
Biome Likes : Snow
Biome Dislikes : Desert
He will come after you defeat martian madness. He sells mounts/biome keys, boss expert drops. Be warned though, the expert drops cost 5 platinums each!

Initial release.
Fixed nullpointerexception when Fargowiltas mod is not loaded.
Tony the Bandit now sells crates.
Fixed Willy the Magic Merchant selling fireblossom instead of its seed.
Overhauled npc graphics thanks to Lonely Star.
Renamed bandit to dealer, magic merchant to alchemist.
Added Draedon, shooting star and martian.
Changed the sprite for a secret item.
Changed the mod icon.
Changed super healing potions' price to 1gold.
Now alchemist no longer sells restore potions that can't be easily obtained in current world state.
Updated to 1.4.3
Added a lot of dialogs to the NPCs
Added living preferences to the NPCs
Changed Draedon to Haphaestus
Removed items from other mods in the shops for now
Removed items for spawning NPCs from other mods for now
Added 1.4 items to the corresponding shops
Moved rare drops from Martian to Old Champion
Increased prices for rare NPC spawning items so it can't be used to purely farm money
Fixed a typo in the description
Fixed a bug that prevented the mod from loading if an NPC is disabled with config
Fixed a bug where old champion and shooting star were following config for builder and not ones for themselves
Updated to 1.4.4
Moved life fruit to treasure shop and sturdy fossil to ore shop in hephaestus' inventory
Martian now sells desert key
Builder no longer sells temple traps pre-golem
Builder now sells dungeon desert chest
Alchemist now only sells some of the potions after certain bosses(e.g. only sells battle potions after beating EoW of BoC)
Alchemist no longer sells gel twice
Dealer now correctly sells jungle crate instead of bramble crate in pre-hardmode.

Awesome sprites by Lonely Star.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Alchemist NPC's trades and noticed that Super Healing Potions are extremely cheap for how good they are. Otherwise great mod!

Any chance the Old Champion might get better sprites for his wares?

Very nice mod, gives me more NPCs to liven things up a bit with, but man does he break immersion.

I was looking at the Alchemist NPC's trades and noticed that Super Healing Potions are extremely cheap for how good they are. Otherwise great mod!
Oops! Super healing potions now cost 1 gold each.
Any chance the Old Champion might get better sprites for his wares?

Very nice mod, gives me more NPCs to liven things up a bit with, but man does he break immersion.
The sprites are still WIP, please be patient.

I have crashes with this mod, any idea why?
Tmodloader say that its an out of memory crash, but my mods only takes up 3.2/4gb of the 32bits
heres my mod list

Attachments

• list.json
    564 bytes · Views: 450
^ This. I have over 40 npcs in my housing and getting the painter into the crimson biome via king statue, wich picks a random male npc, no thank you :D
I think there is a mod that let you capture the npc with bug net. you can drop them off as when you "use" the item latter, not sure it works with all mods but it does work with vanila

It Would Be Cool If You Add A NPC That Sell Plants And Seeds It Would Pretty Useful I Like This Mod A Lot

Also, it would be nice if modded materials (like Victory Shards, or any small material) and summons for rare Thorium enemies were sold if not already. Like Hags, Brown Recluses, Boulders, Gilded Slimes/Lycans, La Fantome, and Minotaurs. Maybe even the Globee. And perhaps have an NPC sell you Legendary/Rare Item Variants.

Hey,Gortart! @Gortart
Can you update this mod config so we can disable some npcs in game because there are too many npcs with other mods.Lots of thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom