Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Em no its too overpowered

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I like the idea but no I don't want it in the game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rasta Ros

Eye of Cthulhu
The explains it quite neatly. A game mechanic which makes you use a different type of bullet after a period of time.Just a quick idea I thought of since it was annoying to switch to ichor bullets then to switch back to chlorophyte bullets.An example of what you could do with this mechanic is: Shoot an ichor bullet after 15 seconds (When the ichor debuff effect ends) then switch to another bullet you wish to use. Who else would want this?

Ammunition is meant to be a choice; you favour one over the other because you prefer how it works. If we did the same thing with weapons, as in you automatically shoot the golden shower then switch to Vampire Knives, do you not think that is pushing it a little?

Besides, using Golden shower is much more efficient than switching the bullets you are using on-the-go. You use them for the ichor effect, no? This is the same thing.

Ammunition is meant to be a choice; you favour one over the other because you prefer how it works. If we did the same thing with weapons, as in you automatically shoot the golden shower then switch to Vampire Knives, do you not think that is pushing it a little?

Besides, using Golden shower is much more efficient than switching the bullets you are using on-the-go. You use them for the ichor effect, no? This is the same thing.
Yes but what if you don't have golden shower and what if you got the corruption or you wanted to switch from eg. crystal bullets to exploding bullets

I for one would not like my crystal bullets suddenly turning into explosives when I want to instakill a swamp thing with a tactical shotgun, nor would I want my Rocket III switching to Rocket IV fora similar reason

I for one would not like my crystal bullets suddenly turning into explosives when I want to instakill a swamp thing with a tactical shotgun, nor would I want my Rocket III switching to Rocket IV fora similar reason
This is an idea and it would be your choice if you wanted to switch bullets. It wouldent be random

Yes but what if you don't have golden shower and what if you got the corruption

Then I'll just live without the ichor effect (disclaimer, I don't even use ichor)

or you wanted to switch from eg. crystal bullets to exploding bullets

Crystal bullets and Explosive bullets are two extremely different types of ammunition in terms of purpose. Crystal bullets are single-target damage, ideal for bosses. Explosive is ideal for crowd control. I can't find any scenario whatsoever where I would want to shoot both at once.

But again, the ammunition you use is meant to be a choice. It's part of the preparation skill, much alike to the weapons, accessories and armour you choose to use.

Then I'll just live without the ichor effect (disclaimer, I don't even use ichor)

Crystal bullets and Explosive bullets are two extremely different types of ammunition in terms of purpose. Crystal bullets are single-target damage, ideal for bosses. Explosive is ideal for crowd control. I can't find any scenario whatsoever where I would want to shoot both at once.

But again, the ammunition you use is meant to be a choice. It's part of the preparation skill, much alike to the weapons, accessories and armour you choose to use.
It was an EXAMPLE you could use any type of ammunition to swap after a certain number of bullets

Yeah, and I don't think it will work for the same reason that I don't think using multiple weapons at a single instance would work.

I like the idea but(unless im reading this wrong) it automatic. I would prefer to have it so that it A. Displays what bullet is in the first slot(ammo slot) in a corner of your screen and B. allows you to press ctrl for example to rotate through the bullets in the ammo slots.

Nah. the sudden transition would be far too annoying to put up with, and as others stated above me, I wouldn't want to be using crystal bullets only for them to switch to high velocity bullets. If the idea you propose is automatic and picks ammo at random it would be even worse.

I like the idea but(unless im reading this wrong) it automatic. I would prefer to have it so that it A. Displays what bullet is in the first slot(ammo slot) in a corner of your screen and B. allows you to press ctrl for example to rotate through the bullets in the ammo slots.
For B: Suggested in my Ranger Mechanic Changes (Sniper Scope in signature). A could arguably be attributed to the suggestion for assigning different ammos to individual weapons (I lost the link again).

Back to OP. This would require a large amount of customization for it to have any real effectiveness (How does the game know when I'd like to switch bullets?) and honestly, I don't think many people are willing to put up with that. It'd also be a huge inconvenience when you switch to a bullet type that isn't optimal for the situation (especially when you come to rockets and accidentally blow up your wall.)

Then boohoo, it is your choice to stick to a specific "class", and by doing so you do not get to reek the benefits of using other items.
Im just saying if you wanted to.
For B: Suggested in my Ranger Mechanic Changes (Sniper Scope in signature). A could arguably be attributed to the suggestion for assigning different ammos to individual weapons (I lost the link again).

Back to OP. This would require a large amount of customization for it to have any real effectiveness (How does the game know when I'd like to switch bullets?) and honestly, I don't think many people are willing to put up with that. It'd also be a huge inconvenience when you switch to a bullet type that isn't optimal for the situation (especially when you come to rockets and accidentally blow up your wall.)
Nonono you don't understand it wouldn't be an inconvinience because its there IF you want to use it. You don't always have to use this mechanic, oh god no that would be horrible

Nonono you don't understand it wouldn't be an inconvinience because its there IF you want to use it. You don't always have to use this mechanic, oh god no that would be horrible
I fully understand it's optional, however this mechanic would be so irritating to configure that it makes so much more sense to not bother at all, or just use autopause and switch ammos.

I think it would be interesting, but A) autopause can accomplish this and B) I don't want them to switch without my pressing a button or whatever. What if (similarly to accessories) we could cycle ammo?

I fully understand it's optional, however this mechanic would be so irritating to configure that it makes so much more sense to not bother at all, or just use autopause and switch ammos.
Autopause?
[DOUBLEPOST=1427240759][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it would be interesting, but A) autopause can accomplish this and B) I don't want them to switch without my pressing a button or whatever. What if (similarly to accessories) we could cycle ammo?
Yes a cycle ammo accessory that sounds much better. Why didn't I think of that

Back
Top Bottom