PC [Using Evolve] Terraria Hunger Games Server

Should I Release My Files for my Custom Game Mode when it's Finished?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevster25

Terrarian
Hey guys, new to the forums, just wanna say, i've been a fan of Terraria for so long i cant even remember. Easily logged almost 500 hours on it. I am interested in doing an even with a hunger games feel. If you guys are interested, add me on Evolve, and if you don't know what that is, its a program that is like steam, but switches games, for game server support, and for free.

I would need some help organizing it, since i can mainly only play during weekends. I've already tried this with friends, but it went bad because, y'know, friends cheat and all, so it didn't work well. I feel if i got a group of people and organized it down to a point, we could get this going smoothly. No set date on it yet, but i want to get as much done now so when we play, we have rules and such worked out.

People interested in the game must also have Skype so we can contact each other privately during the match. I am currently working on a rough draft on the rules, and will also be spending several hours perfecting the rules, the stretch of the players abilities, and the map so it is all perfect. I have no idea if i should even keep the nickname of,"hunger games," cause it could turn into something very, very different, if need be.

EDIT: The basics of this game mode is that any amount of people face off in a custom built map or random made map, basically hunger games style, from scratch, survive through bosses, pvp, random events and whatever else is thrown at you. The game may go on for as long as wanted or needed.

I really wanna make an impression on you guys, and if you want more details, feel free to message me, and if you are in, add me on skype, steam, evolve, etc.
Evolve: kevster25
Steam:•cC• Kevster25

EDIT: This gamemode is under testing and revisions, if truly interested, contact me through any of the sources listed or right here in the comments. If you do contact me through the ways i listed, mention this post, and i will accept, as i get several phishers constantly. Thanks for actually taking the time to read through and care about this.

---------------------------------------------RULES--------------------------------------------
Terraria Rules: Hunger Games
Section 1: General Rules
Main Rule: Use common sense. We all have minds, so use them. Play fair. be treated fair.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1. 1 Terraria Day and Night of Peace at beginning.
2a. During the Peace Day/Night, you can make alliances, but no set teams.
2b. No fighting, trapping or trolling
2c. Must be at a distance of at least 500 in game meters from your enemies at the end of the Peace Day/Night.
2d. You must start with a new character.
2e. No identical names.
2f. Nothing dirty.
2g. No hacks or cheats, exploits for private gain are fine.
3. Alliances can be broken, but only with fair warning.
3a. After breaking alliance, you must obey the each others wish(s), such as distance away, or what things they will give you, etc.
3b. Unless otherwise stated, you may only take what you own/have currently.
4. NPC’s are fair game, anyone can own or steal.
4a. If one person raids another’s base, they can steal their NPC by relocating their home in the NPC home menu.
5. Bosses may be fought solo or with others, loot related problems will be discussed on site.
5a. If fighting with help, one MUST offer the other some sort of loot that the BOSS dropped, not from the person.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬End of General Rules▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Section 2: P-v-P Rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1. Can either happen by informed fight, or at random encounter.
2. Pvp is allowed anywhere, only if the initial Peace Day and Night has passed.
3. Team fights are allowed, and encouraged during long periods of waiting.
4. Supply drops could only drop materials during fights, no weapons.
5. Teams/people may not fight if one has more than 3 tiers of armour/weapons/hearts higher/lower than the other.
6. You are allowed to use any of your surroundings during a pvp battle, whether it’s a 1v1 or a team battle.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬End of PVP Rules▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Section 3: NPC Rules

1. All NPCs are allowed to be taken at any time, stealing and killing allowed.
2. No one is allowed to take guide; he stays at spawn.
3. If a person wants to use an NPC that another one has, they may discuss details between.
3a. You may not randomly PVP while discussing NPC usage with another player.
3b. After discussing NPC usage with another player, you must walk back to your general area; unless you have granted permission from the other player to PVP.
3c. You may not attack a player if they are inside a menu such as a chest/storage, NPC store, or any other type of menu blocking the screen. Will be discussed during the preparation for the game.
4. Bonus Ducks(Bonus Loot) may be discussed during any period of time.
5. Do not engage the skeletron clothier NPC until everyone decides who will fight Skeletron.
6. Any NPC that is controlled by one person/team will have to negotiate who can use it/them and what the price is to use it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬End of NPC Rules▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Section 4: Faction Sides

0.5: A Faction is a Colour Team(Blue, Red, Green, Yellow) that has agreed on a combining Flag that unites said Team into a Faction.
1: Each Flag marks a beginning of a Faction's territory.
2: Each Stone Marker marks an end of a Factions Territory
3: Any open area between 2 Stone Markers is PVP Strict Territory
3b: There is no building(even torches)allowed in the PVP Strict Territory except for the ones already placed
4: A Faction Flag marks a Key Base in said Clan, and must be made into the Main Base for the Clan.
5: Only one Faction per Flag
6: 2 Flags are Set Factions, 1 Flag is Marauders(Unfactioned People), and said Marauders are allowed to create "False Factions" which are player made factions, and may fight other False Factions or the True Factions.
(Optional)7: Factions may use their flag pole to track the amount of Faction Wins, via Torches, Platforms, etc.

Last edited:
I think you may need to give a better explanation of what all this is about, preferable here on the forum instead of linking to youtube of google docs. People are lazy, especially without a sufficiently interesting "hook". LIkewise more people people would look at the rules if you put it directly in your post (nicely formatted if possible) instead of as an attached file.

I think you may need to give a better explanation of what all this is about, preferable here on the forum instead of linking to youtube of google docs. People are lazy, especially without a sufficiently interesting "hook". LIkewise more people people would look at the rules if you put it directly in your post (nicely formatted if possible) instead of as an attached file.
Thanks, sorry, im still very new to these forums. I have updated my post to some degree.

Back
Top Bottom