Using Hoiks in pre-hardmode to defeat all 8 bosses AFK

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
I decided to finally post a quick guide on how to use hoiks effectively in pre-hardmode to defeat all 8 bosses simultaneously after releasing a video a while ago. First, the video:

My character is using pre-hardmode gear only, has minimal life (100), and the arena uses regular dart traps along with hoiks and a heart statue for evasion and health replenishment. Some armor is needed to mitigate damage, which is unavoidable, and the heart statue is wired to dispense 3 hearts every 10 seconds inside the hoik loop. The following bosses are fought simultaneously:

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Brain of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Queen Bee
Skeletron
Dungeon Guardian
Wall of Flesh

The trickiest part was getting both Skeletron and Dungeon Guardian to the Underworld to fight the Wall of Flesh there. As the video shows, I hoik the Old Man to a chute that passes through the Dungeon. There is a bit of dungeon background wall on the way down the chute that triggers the Dungeon Guardian(s), and as I near the bottom I activate the curse to spawn Skeletron with Dungeon Guardians in pursuit. I then hoik to the right to buy me some time to drop the guide voodoo doll into the lava, and hoik one more time to reach the arena where I summon the remaining bosses. Here is what the arena looks like:

4kxZUkO.jpg

The all-boss arena is on the right. To reach it, there is a bi-directional hoik to the left of it that connects to the main base. This allows the player to reach the arena and fight 5 of the bosses as often as the player likes (King Slime, Queen Bee, Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, and Eater of Worlds). To fight all 8 bosses the player uses the chute on the far left, which connects to the voodoo drop point via one hoik system, and the drop point connects to the arena via another hoik system.

The arena can also be built right next to the dungeon to endlessly farm bosses and/or the Dungeon Guardian. Here are some example videos. The first shows how to build the arena to fight just the Dungeon Guardian, while the second shows a fight against all bosses except for Wall of Flesh:

Here is the world download:

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/YxP2Ynjp/file.html

The world has some interesting grinders which are connected to the main base via hoiks. I'm still working on one of the grinders and I'll feature them in a future guide.

Last edited:
I need to start using hoiks. Why am I not using hoiks?

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Thanks for the world download!

I need to start using hoiks. Why am I not using hoiks?

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Thanks for the world download!

Thanks! This is one of my favorite creations, since at first I thought it would be impossible to fight Skeletron/DG and WoF together. Hoiks changed all of that :). It's also interesting how the idea evolved from a dart trap battery 5-boss farm, to a hoik-based farm, to a 7 boss farm (minus the WoF) until finally it dawned on me that I can just hoik the Old Man to the underworld, spawn the DG while descending, and summon the WoF once I hit the bottom. The video shows the rest!

Back
Top Bottom