Mobile Using TEdit to make my a world

ILikePopcorn

Terrarian
I made a world from TEdit and added some structures to it, it's all good until when I play the world on Terraria mobile 1.4.0.5, it'll load and get stuck on "settling liquids 99%" I thought it was loading but then it stayed like that for almost 1 hour. So I looked on some guides and it said to use TEdit for only 1.3.x worlds, but I don't wanna redo what I did on the world I made, I tried to load the world that I made on TEdit for 1.3.x, and it loaded for almost 1 hour too. Are there any world editors for Terraria 1.4 mobile?

Ok, to me it opened normally. I removed a little bit of water. The problem is that the forum does not let me share the file, how did you do it?
You will see a "attach files" below when you are gonna reply to a thread, and there you can attach the world . Thats what i did to share my wlr file
Capture.PNG
n

When i try it says "File not supported" (i tried whit my phone)
What type of file are you trying to upload @Just a mimic? Both .wld and .bak files can be uploaded. Can you show a screenshot of what file you’re trying when you get the error?

On a different, but related, note, I downloaded @ILikePopcorn’s world file, but am unable to load the world in mobile Terraria. It doesn’t even show up on the list of worlds, which is not a good sign at all. If the file was made or edited using TEdit, there is a high likelihood that the world file won’t be compatible in order to play it on mobile Terraria, and there is a 100% certainty that it’s not supported for technical assistance. Any third party tools used, like TEdit, essentially “void” that right, and it becomes an issue that wouldn’t be looked at by the developers. It’s a “use at your own risk” type of thing.

So if Mimic is able to “fix” the issue, that’s great. But if not, there’s nothing more that would be done in terms of having the developers look at it.

What type of file are you trying to upload @Just a mimic? Both .wld and .bak files can be uploaded. Can you show a screenshot of what file you’re trying when you get the error?

On a different, but related, note, I downloaded @ILikePopcorn’s world file, but am unable to load the world in mobile Terraria. It doesn’t even show up on the list of worlds, which is not a good sign at all. If the file was made or edited using TEdit, there is a high likelihood that the world file won’t be compatible in order to play it on mobile Terraria, and there is a 100% certainty that it’s not supported for technical assistance. Any third party tools used, like TEdit, essentially “void” that right, and it becomes an issue that wouldn’t be looked at by the developers. It’s a “use at your own risk” type of thing.

So if Mimic is able to “fix” the issue, that’s great. But if not, there’s nothing more that would be done in terms of having the developers look at it.
This is the file i tried to share:
iJMEp8x.jpg

When I try to send it (by using the button "attach files") it says "File not supported" (I also tried to upload it to MediaFire but the same thing appears there too)

Last edited:
This is the file i tried to share:
iJMEp8x.jpg

When I try to send it (by using the button "attach files") it says "File not supported" (I also tried to upload it to MediaFire but the same thing appears there too)
Weird, there’s nothing shown that would affect it being able to be uploaded. It’s the correct file extension and under the max size. Unless there’s some hidden file extension being used or some other modification, I don’t see why it can’t be uploaded. As for why it won’t upload to an external site (like media fire) that’s something out of my control.

Weird, there’s nothing shown that would affect it being able to be uploaded. It’s the correct file extension and under the max size. Unless there’s some hidden file extension being used or some other modification, I don’t see why it can’t be uploaded. As for why it won’t upload to an external site (like media fire) that’s something out of my control.
I know this question isn't really part of this thread but you are the first admin I found and I had a question. I keep hearing that Tedit doesn't work for mobile and if it does what are the risks of using it and how do I use it if the risks aren't high?

Last edited:
I know this question isn't really part of this thread but you are the first admin I found and I had a question. I keep hearing that Tedit doesn't work for mobile and if it does what are the risks of using it and how do I use it if the risks aren't high?
Well, it may or may not work, but it wasn’t created by the developers to officially work together. So all the risks are unknown - like the world not loading, not performing as expected, or any other host of unforeseen issues (or it may work beautifully).

Whatever issues come from it aren’t things that can be/will be fixed by the developers though - they didn’t create the issues, the external tool (which was not created by the Terraria devs) is the one creating the issues.

Even TEdit and PC fall under this. If a PC world file has been put through TEdit, any issues stemming from it are not vanilla issues, and only bugs/problems that occur during standard vanilla play are things that the Terraria devs can address.

Back
Top Bottom