**REPORTED** Using Water Bombs on Lava sometimes results in glitched "perma-Lava" hanging in mid-air.

Rona

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was digging a Hellevator and threw some water bombs on lava pools that were in my way so I could dig through them. Twice it resulted in a tile of hanging "perma-lava" in midair that would not flow onto blocks properly or be converted to obsidian despite an abundance of water around it. Here's a picture of what one looked like:

tempterrariaglitch.png

They stayed that way even after a long period of time passed. Throwing more water bombs onto them didn't do anything, either, even though the bombs would explode instantly due to contact with "liquid". The good news is that restarting the server appears to have fixed it, and the two portions of perma-lava were obsidian upon reload. Still thought I oughta point it out, though! Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I didn't see it in the list of known bugs.

Thanks for the report - we're aware of the issue. I've run into similar things myself, and it seems to be a result of some kind of multiplayer desync.
Hello moderator, something similar happened to me but I was playing single player, not mulitplayer, water fell from my lake in this region and I removed the water in this region outside the screen on the right and when I came back it was like this, the bug disappears when I leave and return to the game:

The lag is only in the video, my current pc meets the game's requirements, seeing something similar on my old and weak pc I thought it was because of the pc but now with this topic...

Steam or GOG: GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer: Single
Operating System: Windows 10
Terraria Version: 1.4.2.3
Controls Used: Keyboard/Mouse

Last edited:
I was digging a Hellevator and threw some water bombs on lava pools that were in my way so I could dig through them. Twice it resulted in a tile of hanging "perma-lava" in midair that would not flow onto blocks properly or be converted to obsidian despite an abundance of water around it. Here's a picture of what one looked like:

View attachment 324128
They stayed that way even after a long period of time passed. Throwing more water bombs onto them didn't do anything, either, even though the bombs would explode instantly due to contact with "liquid". The good news is that restarting the server appears to have fixed it, and the two portions of perma-lava were obsidian upon reload. Still thought I oughta point it out, though! Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I didn't see it in the list of known bugs.
This happens on both desktop and mobile versions, rather than restarting the server, you can use the Super Absorbent/Lava Absorbent Sponges to manually remove the floating liquids

Back
Top Bottom