tModLoader Utility Bombs

dtim

Terrarian
Description

Adds various types of bombs to the game, craftable at a workbench.

Currently:
Water bomb & dynamite
Evaporation bomb & dynamite
Dirt bomb & dynamite

These bombs affect tiles within their explosion radius.

Download

Mediafire
tModLoader server

Version 0.2.0
  • Requested update
More Info

EvaporationBomb.png
Evaporation Bomb = 1 Bomb + 1 Daybloom
EvaporationDynamite.png
Evaporation Dynamite = 1 Dynamite + 2 Daybloom
WaterBomb.png
Water Bomb = 1 Bomb + 1 Water Bucket or 1 Bomb + 1 Bottled Water
WaterDynamite.png
Water Dynamite = 1 Dynamite + 2 Water Buckets or 1 Dynamite + 2 Bottled Waters
DirtBomb.png
Dirt Bomb = 1 Bomb + 5 Dirt Blocks
DirtDynamite.png
Dirt Dynamite = 1 Dynamite + 10 Dirt Blocks

UBM-animated.gif

Credits

Inspired by a comment made by TotalBiscuit. Yeah.

Also thanks to jopojelly, bluemagic123, and the rest of the tModLoader gang.

Last edited:
I'll think about it. In my opinion, making a task like digging a hellevator a one-click deal diminishes the game. On the other hand, when you've dug dozens of the things...

Make it an unobtainable item, and make it require a detonator to use... I'm sure you see where I'm going with this...

Assuming Smacky is being serious, I'd be okay with it if it was unobtainable (if you actually made such a thing). This game's engine isn't meant for such intense work all at once like that, and will likely cause crashes for many people (or at the very least, terrifyingly-humungous lag spikes).

Otherwise, love the mod -- incredibly useful. This is a nice, more rational version of the clementinator mod out there that allows some of this via clementinator tools, but it's way too OP for my taste.

@Smackydafrog

Okay, it's been added per your request. It does a sort of chain reaction rather than dig out the whole area at once. As it digs down if the bomb comes into direct contact with something it can't destroy like dungeon/temple blocks or a chest then it will fizzle. But that is only if the block is directly under where you plant the bomb. If it's just in the blast radius it will continue. It will also evaporate any liquids within the blast radius(es). But any liquid to the sides will, of course, remain and potentially fall down the hole.

@Smackydafrog

Okay, it's been added per your request. It does a sort of chain reaction rather than dig out the whole area at once. As it digs down if the bomb comes into direct contact with something it can't destroy like dungeon/temple blocks or a chest then it will fizzle. But that is only if the block is directly under where you plant the bomb. If it's just in the blast radius it will continue. It will also evaporate any liquids within the blast radius(es). But any liquid to the sides will, of course, remain and potentially fall down the hole.
How would we activate it all i can do is place it.

Well I'll be damned, someone actually used an idea of mine. I feel honored. I'd also like to suggest a bomb that removes lava like the water evaporation bomb.

I've used this mod in the distant past. I don't think it works anymore in 1.3.5.2's tModLoader. Does anyone know? I can't seem to make it work, sadly.

I am glad to announce that I ported Utility Bombs to current tModLoader! Permission granted by the author.
Will add content to this mod whenever I feel like it.

This mod can now be found under "Utility Bombs Reborn" in the Mod Browser (the links in the OP are deprecated)

Updated content:
Functionality:
* Attempts to create tiles in its "explosion" radius
* Tile it creates depends on the first item it finds in your inventory (top left to bottom right)
* Takes the placed tiles from your inventory (no magic appearing tiles)
* You can see what tile it will create and how many of that tile you have in your inventory in the tooltip
* If you happen to run out of that particular item during the explosion, it will notify you in chat
* You can toggle if the placed tiles are affected by gravity with right clicking
* Tiles which names end with "seeds" are blacklisted (weird behavior when trying to place them)

Fill Bomb Mode (right click with your mouse to toggle):
Gravity.png

Screenshot_5.png

Changelog:
Version 0.2.1:
* Port to tModLoader v0.10.1.5
Version 0.2.2:
* Added sticky variants of most items (Recipe: bomb/dynamite + 1 Gel, by hand)
* Added config option to make bombs that create tiles un-slope touched tiles
Version 0.2.3.3:
* Changed dirt bomb & dynamite to fill bomb & dynamite
* Uses items from your inventory now, and not just dirt
* Crafting recipe changed to bomb/dynamite + 10/20 dirt + 10/20 stone at an alchemy table or bottle
Version 0.2.4:
* Port to tModLoader v0.11.5 (integrated ModConfig)
* Evaporation bombs now evaporate all liquids, not just water
Version 0.2.5:
* Port to tModLoader v0.11.7.5
* Added wall bomb/dynamite, places a bomb at your cursor and destroys only walls (Recipe: bomb/dynamite + 5/10 dirt + 5/10 stone at a workbench)

Last edited:
I think that fill bomb idea is a bit OP because it will help bulders by a lot and has easy crafting recipe. Maybe, there should be dirt bomb (without choosing material, it won't be too OP) and then using bones and and something else you can make fill bombs? Also hellevator bomb is a bit too OP for it's recipe, in my opinion because Hellevator bomb + fill bombs with for example grey bricks as block to fill = stop spreading corruption even in early hard mode.
Like this mod though!

On the topic of hell bomb: I might make it so once the the hell bomb reaches the underworld, the player triggering it will automatically be disabled from using the hell bomb in this world again.
About the OP-ness of the fill bombs: This IS supposed to just help builders fill up large empty areas and as such, be available whenever. Besides the point you made about the stopping corruption thing of cource, but that might fix itself with the hell bomb limitation. Thanks for the feedback though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom