V

bearluvx

Terrarian
how tf do i acces surface hallow know
1675131686417.png

Well there is some hallow on the surface, and you can also artifically create one buying seeds from dryad.

Looking at your map, I really recommend taking the risk and placing the seeds around your base, that new corruption biome is dangerously close and hallow blocks corruption spread

Oh yeah, you've got yourself a lucky hardmode gen right there! Right up next to the Jungle!

It seems to me like you've got a quarantine tunnel around your main base, so as long as you make sure it's not jumping into your quarantine area (I always make sure to line my quarantine tunnels with dungeon brick, taking dynamite to the Dungeon's walls and reconstituting them into brick are the best way to do this), then you should be fine. As for the Corruption near the Tundra, I wouldn't be so concerned about that, as the surface ice blocks are the only thing that can be infected, and they're pretty spaced out from one another. Rather than that, I'd be much more concerned about the Corruption near your underground base there; you should've dug another quarantine tunnel around it prior to starting hardmode.

That aside though, regarding the Hallow in your world, I feel you've already got a decent enough area up next to the Dungeon once it spreads all the way; however, if you were planning on fighting Queen Slime and/or Empress of Light there, there's a good chance you'll start up Lunatic Cultist in the process, so that may not be ideal for you (although, you could do it in the Hallowed Tundra area itself). Really, if I were you, I'd just make up some Holy Water (much better than seeds & very affordable) and toss a few over the Desert. World evil and Hallow spread like wildfire through sand blocks, so it wouldn't take too long for the biome to complete itself, and it'll also protect your Jungle in the process. Another reason I feel you'd want to do that is because you seem to be the type to have NPCs in their preferred biomes (personally, I always have them all consolidated at spawn, it's really not worth the trouble), and while NPCs can live in the Hallow, they can't in the Corruption. One downside to this would be that the Steampunker would only sell blue solution here, but you could always relocate her to a pure area, grab just a few green solutions, purify the area surrounding your Desert base, then do your main buying spree if you're really that pedantic about the cost. I recommend you also Hallowfy that area to the right of the natural Corruption casms, as the living tree will act as a good quarantine for that, so it won't spread to the edge of your base.

Above all else however, the most important thing when it comes to infection spread is to defeat Plantera as soon as possible. Defeating the Wall of Flesh massively cranks up the infection spread rate, while defeating Plantera cuts it in half. You'll also be able to get yourself a Terraformer relatively quick at that point, and if you rock an ammo box with some Vortex armor alongside an ammo reservation potion, that's a 98% chance not to consume solution.

Happy cleansing!

Back
Top Bottom