tModLoader Vampire Knives Expanded

Overhauled crafting system? (Please select two 1 or 2, if you select 2 please choose one out of 3-6)

• A few more crafting stations and just a few intermediate items.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got a question, I noticed that the Lesser -> Vanilla Vampire Knives goes from Magic to Melee damage, is that intentional? (If not, is it an easy enough tweak for consistency's sake?)

Got a question, I noticed that the Lesser -> Vanilla Vampire Knives goes from Magic to Melee damage, is that intentional? (If not, is it an easy enough tweak for consistency's sake?)

I'm not actually able to edit vanilla game code like that, w/out replacing the vanilla vampire knives entirely. There will actually be an update coming after the next one (new update is upcoming, working hard on it atm) that may change the way you use vanilla vampire knives completely, I was thinking about making them a cornerstone for a knife-specific NPC spawning, along with a high-tier crafting table that would give you access to recipes for every single knife, even those only dropped by bosses, along with a process to recreate more vanilla vampire knives. This is just an idea and will most likely have some changes to it. Let me know what you think though!

I'm not actually able to edit vanilla game code like that, w/out replacing the vanilla vampire knives entirely. There will actually be an update coming after the next one (new update is upcoming, working hard on it atm) that may change the way you use vanilla vampire knives completely, I was thinking about making them a cornerstone for a knife-specific NPC spawning, along with a high-tier crafting table that would give you access to recipes for every single knife, even those only dropped by bosses, along with a process to recreate more vanilla vampire knives. This is just an idea and will most likely have some changes to it. Let me know what you think though!
Well, in that case, I have seen some mods do stuff like make a copy of the vanilla item and simply change the damage type that way; perhaps you could try and do something similar. Fargo's mod does this with throwing weapons, you can take the vanilla version and craft it into a throwing version or back again to the vanilla one.

So what you would likely need to do is make a recipe for Vanilla Vampire Knives <---> Modded Magic Damage Vampire Knives

Hey! I downloaded this mod for my mega mod pack and I absolutely love it! Quick question though. I have been trying to get the lesser vamp knives, and have been farming in the crimson for around an hour for crimson shards to make the unstable crimson stone. If it matters any, I am playing on an expert, pre-hardmode world. Thanks!

Hey! I downloaded this mod for my mega mod pack and I absolutely love it! Quick question though. I have been trying to get the lesser vamp knives, and have been farming in the crimson for around an hour for crimson shards to make the unstable crimson stone. If it matters any, I am playing on an expert, pre-hardmode world. Thanks!
Have you tried killing the brain of cthulhu? That should drop the unstable crimson crystal

One thing I personally think could be better about this mod is an option to have the imbued knives of the second-most-recent version. I really liked those knives, having used them for almost an entire mage playthrough, and I'm sad to see that they've been removed. It would be nice to have an option in the configuration files of the mod(or maybe a separate mod, if a config file won't work?) that allows players to have access to imbued knives, like the Fire Mana Knives, for example. It's just a suggestion, though, so whether you do that or not is entirely up to you!

One thing I personally think could be better about this mod is an option to have the imbued knives of the second-most-recent version. I really liked those knives, having used them for almost an entire mage playthrough, and I'm sad to see that they've been removed. It would be nice to have an option in the configuration files of the mod(or maybe a separate mod, if a config file won't work?) that allows players to have access to imbued knives, like the Fire Mana Knives, for example. It's just a suggestion, though, so whether you do that or not is entirely up to you!
Just to check you know the hoods do the exact same thing but better for each of the knives. I agree that the infusion system was great, but it became too much work for one person to handle and the hoods will allow for many other types of infusion. It's over 100x easier to do the hoods. I may work on figuring out how to write a script to do it for me. But otherwise it's out of the picture for how much time i have left to finish the mod (less than a month now). The person picking it up after me wasn't a big fan of the infusion system to begin with, but we'll see how it goes. Thank you for the feedback!!

Also, another issue I've been having(which is an actual problem unlike my previous statement) is with the Wasp and Plague Wasp Knives. Every time I use them, the game begins to lag a lot, to the point where even the music slows down! It doesn't happen instantly, only after multiple swings. If there's any way you could fix it, I'd appreciate it! If you don't know of a way to fix it, though, then don't worry about it! I can still use them, just not as much as the other knives.

Also, another issue I've been having(which is an actual problem unlike my previous statement) is with the Wasp and Plague Wasp Knives. Every time I use them, the game begins to lag a lot, to the point where even the music slows down! It doesn't happen instantly, only after multiple swings. If there's any way you could fix it, I'd appreciate it! If you don't know of a way to fix it, though, then don't worry about it! I can still use them, just not as much as the other knives.

Sadly there is nothing I can recommend other than just not using them. It's a problem with Terraria's engine not being able to handle projectiles very well and with having a large amount of mods. With weapons spawning multiple projectiles, like the bee knives, will begin to cause lag due to the slow speed of the bees and likely-hood for them to spawn massive swarms. The projectiles are vanilla bees so there's not really anything I can do there.

I apologize for the late reply, was on vacation recently

Hi,i crafted the Stable things,but i don't understand for what the hell are them in the game.There is something i can do with these stable corruption/crimson crystal?

Hi,i crafted the Stable things,but i don't understand for what the hell are them in the game.There is something i can do with these stable corruption/crimson crystal?
They are used to craft mana knives and lesser vampire knives respectively

I mean the stable ones,which don't says "material" in the description of the item
7ae95cc7c486f1d943cdef62a5dd9099.png
these pair of items
Or im outdated? edit:No ,i have last version

Back
Top Bottom