Weapons & Equip Vampire Staff - Vampirism for Terraria

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
I'm going to say this right off the bat: It's lifesteal. However, this is a completely and totally different type of lifesteal. Please read through before judging it.

This is a Summoner-class weapon, and it functions in the same way that the Raven Staff does. Except it's for Vampires.

index.php
index.php

(Thanks go to Baconfry for the first sprite, and Scarecrow for the second.)
Vampire Staff
Summons a life stealing Vampire Bat to serve you.
Loses strength in sunlight.

Vampire Bats deal 28 Summon Damage.
Costs 10 mana per use.
Use Time: 54 (Extremely Slow)
*Rarely dropped by Vampires, or found as a Summoner Weapon in Crimson Chests.
*Less powerful during the day. Most powerful during Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses.
*Players with summoned Vampire Bats are inflicted with Vampire's Curse debuff until canceled.

Vampire's Curse
You are bound to the Vampire Staff by an evil curse.
Effects:
* Skin color becomes pale grey.
* Eye color becomes red.
* Non-Summon damage is reduced by 20%.
* This effect can be canceled by deactivating the Vampire Bat buff.
* Prolonged periods of time without dealing damage results in the Starving debuff.
- Cancelling Vampire Bats while starving results in taking damage.

Starving I
You are slowly dying of hunger. You need to feed soon.
* Inflicted after 1 minute without dealing damage.
* Lose life slowly. (1hp/second)
* 40 damage is inflicted by cancelling Vampire Bats.
* Skin color is changed to very pale grey.
* Eye color is changed to dull red.
Starving II
You are dying of hunger. You need to feed.
* Inflicted after 2 minutes without dealing damage.
* Lose life. (2hp/second)
* 75 damage is inflicted by cancelling Vampire Bats.
* Skin color is changed to grey-white.
* Eye color is changed to very dull red.
Starving III
You are quickly dying of hunger. You need to feed immediately.
* Inflicted after 3 minutes without dealing damage.
* Lose life quickly. (3hp/second)
* 150 damage is inflicted by cancelling Vampire Bats.
* Skin color is changed to white.
* Eye color is changed to grey.

A tier of the Starving debuff can be removed by stealing 20 health while at full health or by healing at the Nurse.

Damage Modifiers
* Affect the base damage of the item.
-20% during the day while on the surface.
-10% during the day while underground.
+10% during Blood moons.
+20% during a Solar Eclipse.

Lifesteal Ratio
8% during a normal day.
10% during a normal night.
12% during a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.

Stats
The damage and health return of the weapon while using 40% of outside bonuses.
Daytime - 31 damage, 2hp, 4hp on crit.
Daytime U. - 35 damage, 3hp, 6hp on crit.
Nighttime - 39 damage, 4hp, 8hp on crit.
Blood Moon - 43 damage, 5hp, 10hp on crit.
Solar Eclipse - 48 damage, 6hp, 12hp on crit.

Last edited:
The sunlight debuff isn't that much of a debuff since you will be fighting most bosses in the night . Also sorry for asking the idiot question , but will the bats attack just by bumping into enemies or will they shoot laser beams of death and destruction , since if they just bump into enemies , wouldn't that heal extremely low hp . Just saying i haven't played much of the summoner so im not that experienced with him. Overall i think that they should add some form of lifedrain to all classes so I like this item .

The sunlight debuff isn't that much of a debuff since you will be fighting most bosses in the night .
Some invasions happen during the day, but yeah. It isn't meant to be horribly crippling. Just adds to the vampire-ness of everything.
Also sorry for asking the idiot question , but will the bats attack just by bumping into enemies or will they shoot laser beams of death and destruction , since if they just bump into enemies , wouldn't that heal extremely low hp . Just saying i haven't played much of the summoner so im not that experienced with him. Overall i think that they should add some form of lifedrain to all classes so I like this item .
Ranged life-steal is (for some reason) extremely unpopular back on TO, but I agree. Rangers need life steal, and this could be Summoner life-steal.

Ranged life-steal is (for some reason) extremely unpopular back on TO, but I agree. Rangers need life steal, and this could be Summoner life-steal.
I think there should be some kind of bullet that deals low damage , but heals you . So you could have a gun that heals you and when you are at full you switch to a bow and do actual damage .

I think there should be some kind of bullet that deals low damage , but heals you . So you could have a gun that heals you and when you are at full you switch to a bow and do actual damage .
I already have an idea on how to do it, and I've mentioned it on other threads back in TO.

Basically, my idea is to have indirect heal-on-kill life-steal, but that's for another thread.

This is a cool suggestion! I like the concept to it! I like how a Bat can just go and attack enemies for you :D

This idea is elaborated on a lot, I like it. At first I was expecting a bloodsteal ability for the vampiric staff but nonetheless it's still cool. I would definitely like something on the lines of this in-game or as a modded item. Fantastic job.

the concept in-itself, i really REALLY like it. being someone that is a bit on the anal-retentive train (fancy way of saying OCD) i do enjoy the fact you are clearly looking for some ways to balance the pros by using reasonable cons, i think that is actually a huge plus for your idea. whether the weapon is intended to be a serious thing or just one of those items in game used entirely for shiggles (sh*ts and giggles), i think it would be pretty fun to mess around with, as it really reminds of some really impractical and yet really funny weapons from games like fallout or if you're old enough to remember this one, the south park game for playstation 1 and the cow launcher.

i digress, kudos for your idea, i hope even as a gag-weapon that it gets considered :)

So, um, from the Crimson Biome Weapon thread...
The vampire staff adds several debuffs for one item which seems a bit much to me
That's a valid concern. I came up with a sort of solution, but it does digress from the original idea quite a bit, so I don't know how you'd feel about that. Basically, it's this.

The Vampires deal very low damage at first, and their damage rises as they steal health from enemies. A Vampire who goes for 20 seconds without damaging an enemy, however, will die, and needs to be summoned again.

So, um, from the Crimson Biome Weapon thread...

That's a valid concern. I came up with a sort of solution, but it does digress from the original idea quite a bit, so I don't know how you'd feel about that. Basically, it's this.

The Vampires deal very low damage at first, and their damage rises as they steal health from enemies. A Vampire who goes for 20 seconds without damaging an enemy, however, will die, and needs to be summoned again.
Thats pretty interesting and avoids the debuff aspect could work out (its one of those would have to see it in action scenarios...)

I don't think it balances it correctly, though. The issue with a Summoner life-steal item is the fact that you would get constant healing while having full firepower coming from one of the primary offensive classes. Existing life-steal equipment balances itself, but with a Summoner item, there is no way to reduce primary attack methods by changing the minions.

I will digress, though. Reducing damage penalty from 25% to 20%.

In other news, I changed added a damage penalty to cancelling Vampire Bats while Starving rather than outright disallowing it.

Back
Top Bottom